Gransnet forums

Chat

She gets on my ‘pips’

(116 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

Georgesgran Sat 24-Oct-20 13:15:47

There was a recent thread on men we (lusted after) thought were quite nice and spoke well.

Taking an opposite tack I wonder which women GN’s dislike? Recent threads have mentioned Susan Calman, Tess Daly and the ever-unpopular Amanda Holden.

For some reason I can’t fathom I’m not keen on Nikki Chapman and Julia Bradbury should just keep on walking, as far as I’m concerned. ?

Puzzler61 Sat 24-Oct-20 15:14:30

I like Sue Barker on A Question of Sport and Wimbledon.
Am I alone in finding the Meerkats - all of them - a bit tiresome now on those adverts?

FlyingHxndbag Sat 24-Oct-20 15:15:21

I absolutely hate Kim Woodburn (horrible, vicious woman), Denise Welch (vulgar), Rochelle Humes (false), Victoria Beckham (miserable), Helen Worth (very annoying), Lindsey Lohan (don't even know why) and Katie Price (vulgar). X

Beauregard Sat 24-Oct-20 15:17:04

Danny Dyer. It's the accent.

FannyCornforth Sat 24-Oct-20 15:18:38

Mary Beard is wonderful!

Calendargirl Sat 24-Oct-20 15:27:28

I agree about the woman on the one show, her voice just grates like sandpaper.
I find Judi Dench’s breathy, little girl voice irritating now she’s in her mid 80’s.
Used to like Dawn French but her constant gurning annoys me now.
And that woman on the advert to do with keeping her mouth healthy, oh the “Hips!! Bums!! wobbling away with her inane grin makes me want to shut my eyes and ears, till it’s finished.

Vickysponge Sat 24-Oct-20 15:31:36

Another for Joanna lumley and Kay Burley. Cannot stand either of them.

sodapop Sat 24-Oct-20 16:09:42

Definitely the annoying Zoe Ball, the Scottish woman on Bargain Hunt, and why does Carole Vordeman look so weird now.
Biting my tongue BlueBelle

AGAA4 Sat 24-Oct-20 16:43:33

Anyone who irks me I just don't watch/listen to them. I do like Amanda Holden and Dawn French. Also Jennifer Saunders.

EllanVannin Sat 24-Oct-20 16:53:24

I like the very versatile and clever Julie Walters. Underneath all that she's a genuine and likeable person.

PamelaJ1 Sat 24-Oct-20 16:53:24

The women that irritate me are the generic ones that do the commentary on certain programmes. Their instructions must read - low and breathily sexy tones are required!

crazyH Sat 24-Oct-20 16:57:00

Stephanie McGowan - something about her...

MawB2 Sat 24-Oct-20 17:38:04

I may be a prude but I really don’t like women past their first flush of youth (not hot flushes!) dressing in short /slashed up to here/tarty / low cut outfits as if they were still in their 20’s
“Slebs “ at Oscar ceremonies or film premieres with skirts slit up to their waists, boobs hanging out and clearly no knickers.
Let’s face it, knobbly knees, and clearly enhanced boobs convince nobody of their “sex appeal” .
For the price of their dresses you’d have expected a little more fabric!
The few such as Meryl Streep who truly dress elegantly really show them up.

Callistemon Sat 24-Oct-20 17:42:52

Beauregard

Danny Dyer. It's the accent.

I thought he was male.
He used to be, anyway.

merlotgran Sat 24-Oct-20 17:47:08

I'm probably the only person in the world who has never taken to Nadiya Hussein.

Millie22 Sat 24-Oct-20 17:50:49

The three women that do the morning consumer programme all ex newsreaders I think.

crazyH Sat 24-Oct-20 17:52:45

I'm with you Merlotgran ...

Glorybee Sat 24-Oct-20 17:54:42

Merlotgran I quite like Nadia Hussain but I’ve seen some of her cookery programs recently and am not too keen on her presentation at times.

I really don’t like Alan Titchmarsh.

LauraNorder Sat 24-Oct-20 17:59:30

I like Judi Dench, Jennifer Saunders. Nigella Lawson, Mariella Frostrup, Kirsty Waugh. Not keen on Tess Daly, Kate Garraway and the dark haired one that I believe partners the obnoxious Piers Morgan in the morning, thank goodness I sleep late. I like Sean Fletcher, Paul O’Grady and Huw Edwards .
Can’t bear the bluddy meerkats.
There I think I’ve been fair to like and dislike both sexes.
Anyone else notice the irony of posters who say this light and humorous thread is thoroughly unpleasant making it so?

Purplepixie Sat 24-Oct-20 18:02:48

Vanessa Feltz, Elaine Paige, Rula Lenska, Jo Whiley, Kim Woodburn, Denise Welch and Celine Dion. That's all I can think of for now.

Purplepixie Sat 24-Oct-20 18:04:00

Yes, lots of irony here, as usual!!! ?

BlueBelle Sat 24-Oct-20 18:05:08

I like Nadia but Charlie Dimmock grates
We are saying ones we like as well oopsminty and I ve added men to my list ??? just to be fair
I don’t dislike him but Gok Wan is a fair bit irritating as is Rylan Clarke whatever his other name is If his hair gets any blacker and his teeth any whiter that’s all you ll see in the dark
and the Essex accent is a bit draining

Lucca Sat 24-Oct-20 18:08:18

No idea of her name but the voice over woman in Dinner Date.
I find however that mostly I’m just staggered at the number of women on tv who have had “work done”.....

Lucca Sat 24-Oct-20 18:10:33

Off at a tangent a bit but somebody mentioned Helen Worth ? If that’s Gail on coronation st she is a really bad actress, in fact what a lot of bad acting there is on Coronation street at the moment in particular the entire Bailey family

sparklingsilver28 Sat 24-Oct-20 18:12:25

Really like Angela Rippon - always beautifully turned out and interesting; Jo Coburn - Politics Live - pleasant voice and good commentary.

Not so favourite has to be: Claudia Winkleman her hair and clothes really put me off. She is a slight figure and could look really stunning so why that wretched fringe and awful outfits. Needs helpful advice badly.

Oopsminty Sat 24-Oct-20 18:15:30

I like Jeremy Clarkson actually