Gransnet forums

Chat

She gets on my ‘pips’

(115 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

Georgesgran Sat 24-Oct-20 13:15:47

There was a recent thread on men we (lusted after) thought were quite nice and spoke well.

Taking an opposite tack I wonder which women GN’s dislike? Recent threads have mentioned Susan Calman, Tess Daly and the ever-unpopular Amanda Holden.

For some reason I can’t fathom I’m not keen on Nikki Chapman and Julia Bradbury should just keep on walking, as far as I’m concerned. ?

ginny Sat 24-Oct-20 13:28:35

I am not in the majority I’m sure. but I can’t watch Joanna Lumley. I don’t know why she just irritate yes me.

Galaxy Sat 24-Oct-20 13:29:55

I like amanda Holden. I find some of the things said about her really unpleasant.

Spangler Sat 24-Oct-20 13:33:06

That squeaky voice blonde woman that shows couples around prospective holiday home on the Costa Paquette.

Iam64 Sat 24-Oct-20 13:33:18

Interesting thought, we had a thread on men to lust after. Let's start one on women we dislike.

Scribbles Sat 24-Oct-20 13:38:10

I listened to a radio programme last night, presented by someone called Kirsty Logan. Despite being interested in the subject, I was close to turning it off several times because her silly little-girl voice irritated me so much.

PS. ginny, you are not alone!

Teetime Sat 24-Oct-20 13:43:04

The woman on the One Show - nails down a blackboard - probably a nice lady but the noise she makes OY!

BlueBelle Sat 24-Oct-20 13:53:46

ginny I m with you all the way Joanna Lumley really gets on my whatsits it’s that breathy voice another one whose voice is a complete turn off is Rula Lenski I m not at all keen on Amanda Holden seems very into herself and Carol Vordeman and her ever increasing baby face and the funeral adverts are a real yucky turn off
Teetime her too I don’t watch it because she grates on me
However I love down to earth women like Judy Dench and Dawn French (when she’s herself) I used to like Jenny eclair before she started doing those awful adverts

dragonfly46 Sat 24-Oct-20 13:56:31

I love Jenny Eclair and especially the books she writes. Sorry find it difficult to be negative about anyone at the moment.

Doodledog Sat 24-Oct-20 14:01:02

Iam64

Interesting thought, we had a thread on men to lust after. Let's start one on women we dislike.

That was my first thought too.

lemongrove Sat 24-Oct-20 14:01:48

I haven’t heard or seen anything of Jenny Eclair for years.
Am not a fan of Joanna Lumley either and even less of Judi Dench.
Can’t think of anyone else though ( more men annoy me than women)?

Spangler Sat 24-Oct-20 14:08:16

Iam64

If ever there was someone who could make my ears turn into r. soles, and crap on my favourite shirt, it would have to be: Zoe Ball.

Galaxy Sat 24-Oct-20 14:09:01

Yep my first thought too it's why I didnt do what I was told grin

Georgesgran Sat 24-Oct-20 14:10:18

Sorry if I’ve offended you Iam64 and Doodledog - perhaps I shouldn’t have used ‘dislike’. It’s a light hearted thread about women who get on our ‘pips’ for whatever reason.
Maybe another thread of women we admire??

Namsnanny Sat 24-Oct-20 14:10:43

Agree with you BlueBell + unfortunately Bethany Hughes has joined my list, as I used to like her.
Her breathy Nigella type seduction of the camera went into overdrive in her last series.
Which saw her rolling around the deck of a felluca in a bathing costume.
Made me squirm, and feel embarrassed for the men on board.
Really put the nail in the coffin for me.

Charleygirl5 Sat 24-Oct-20 14:14:55

I cannot stand Joanna Lumley- especially her voice. As for Claudia Winkleman, I turn down the sound when she is displaying the hair adverts and usually need several cups of coffee when she is on Strictly.

I do not mind Amanda Holden but cannot stand the woman on that show with herself, David Walliams and I have forgotten the other man's name.

suziewoozie Sat 24-Oct-20 14:16:54

Iam64

What a bloody unpleasant thread - I’m off

Ilovecheese Sat 24-Oct-20 14:25:47

I am with you suziewoozie a really unpleasant idea whether 'lighthearted' or not.

Galaxy Sat 24-Oct-20 14:31:24

Replace the word woman in this thread with any other group and then imagine how that would be.

lemongrove Sat 24-Oct-20 14:36:20

Don’t worry Georgesgran I think most posters recognised it for a lighthearted thread, in fact not all that long ago there was s similar thread that detailed all the presenters and celebs that got on our collective wicks.?
I had forgotten ( how?!) Claudia Winkleman and how she acts up on Strictly, cringeworthy.

BlueBelle Sat 24-Oct-20 14:50:08

It’s just a blooming laugh we can have one about men too Plenty of them get up my nose shall we make it sex neutral
I don’t know who Bethany Hughes is I ll tell you who most of may not like but I do a lot and that’s Stacey Dooley I know she’s marmite but I think she’s a good presenter of controversial topics

BlueBelle Sat 24-Oct-20 14:55:06

Men I don’t tolerate well are Keith Lemon, Alan Carr, Matt Lucas and Jonathon Ross There we are we ve levelled it out now

Oopsminty Sat 24-Oct-20 15:00:27

Well I love Amanda Holden. I have read so much nastiness about the woman, not only on here but other sites.

No idea why.

So I'll just say I like Amanda Holden

I think it would be a good idea to see women we actually like as well

kircubbin2000 Sat 24-Oct-20 15:04:30

Not keen on Holly Willoughby, Clare Balding, Michaela Coel and can't stand Mary Beard.

Spangler Sat 24-Oct-20 15:11:58

BlueBelle Sat 24-Oct-20 14:55:06
Men I don’t tolerate well are Keith Lemon, Alan Carr, Matt Lucas and Jonathon Ross There we are we've levelled it out now.
You forgot Jeremy Clarkson, Chris Evans and that bloke who fronts Wheeler Dealers.