Gransnet forums

Chat

She gets on my ‘pips’

(116 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

Georgesgran Sat 24-Oct-20 13:15:47

There was a recent thread on men we (lusted after) thought were quite nice and spoke well.

Taking an opposite tack I wonder which women GN’s dislike? Recent threads have mentioned Susan Calman, Tess Daly and the ever-unpopular Amanda Holden.

For some reason I can’t fathom I’m not keen on Nikki Chapman and Julia Bradbury should just keep on walking, as far as I’m concerned. ?

lemongrove Sun 25-Oct-20 09:50:40

Well......that’s us told isn’t it! ?

Teetime Sun 25-Oct-20 09:53:04

Merlotgran I'm with you on the Nadyia front- over the top yummin and smumming (is that a word) I think I meant slurping. Bit like Nigella in a way. DD2 and I do Nigella impersonations in the kitchen if we are cooking together.

lemongrove Sun 25-Oct-20 09:54:13

I must be the only person on here who doesn’t know who Amanda Holden is? What programmes is she on, or presents?

Tess Daly seems quite likeable ( I wish she presented Strictly on her own)

lemongrove Sun 25-Oct-20 09:55:14

Teetime do you dip your fingers in sauces and suck them seductively?

Teetime Sun 25-Oct-20 09:58:15

Of course doesn't everyone- we also follow this up with a bit of Riverdance but only at Xmas. Doesnt take long for Songs from the Shows to start as well.

lemongrove Sun 25-Oct-20 10:00:56

I use wine in cooking too Teetime and ( as they say) even put it in the food sometimes.?

henetha Sun 25-Oct-20 10:03:05

I must be a very lucky person, - if rather under-discerning, - I like almost everyone.

merlotgran Sun 25-Oct-20 10:05:17

I read somewhere that Prince Philip, who is now back at the RF's care home Wood Farm, Sandringham, likes to spend the day watching cooking programmes. He is a Mary Berry fan apparently.

Surely Nigella is more up his street? grin

JackyB Sun 25-Oct-20 10:07:19

Another one here for Lucy Worsley. She spoils some really interesting programmes. I do like Stacey Dooley. Despite her appearance she seems very sincere.

Not living in the UK I don't have the exposure to many of these people, though, so my opinion may be based on a limited amount of viewing.

Jennifer Saunders did a really good job on HIGNFY last week.

lemongrove Sun 25-Oct-20 10:07:34

He’s reached the age when food is more interesting Merlot

Spangler Sun 25-Oct-20 10:34:36

lemongrove Sun 25-Oct-20 10:00:56
I use wine in cooking too Teetime and ( as they say) even put it in the food sometimes.
When the recipe tells you to reduce the wine, it doesn't mean swig it from the bottle.

Anniebach Sun 25-Oct-20 10:56:14

Kay Burley, Joanna Lumley, Meg Markle . Tess Daly.

I like Lucy Worsley and Giles and Mary on Gogglebox

Calendargirl Sun 25-Oct-20 10:56:57

Well, I don’t find this thread anymore offensive than the political ones, when it seems to be ok to slag off Boris, Matt Hancock, Jeremy Corbin et al.

It obviously upsets some because it’s mostly women we are talking about, whereas if the politicians happen to glance at GN, then they won’t mind about being ‘bullied’ online, because they have thicker skins probably?

LauraNorder Sun 25-Oct-20 11:57:09

Spangler ‘ reducing the wine doesn’t mean swigging from the bottle’
Oh dear, so that where I’ve been going wrong shock

Spangler Sun 25-Oct-20 12:05:01

LauraNorder Sun 25-Oct-20 11:57:09
^Spangler ‘ reducing the wine doesn’t mean swigging from the bottle’
Oh dear, so that where I’ve been going wrong^

I'm not as think as you drunk I am!