Gransnet forums

Chat

Celebrities who are self absorbed and irritate you.

(100 Posts)
NanKate Sat 24-Oct-20 22:33:02

If I see Philip Schofield again in the arms of a fellow presenter weeping and wailing about ‘coming out’ I shall be sick.

He’s gay, so what. Just get on with your privileged life. No doubt he will be writing a book about it soon.

I had to turn off Saturday Live, which I usually thoroughly enjoy, as I had to avoid hearing him.

Any celebrities you can’t stand ?

Calendargirl Sun 25-Oct-20 11:24:41

Don’t think anyone has mentioned Gwyneth Paltrow.

merlotgran Sun 25-Oct-20 11:25:07

Staging said interview in the smallest cosiest room in the house where the lighting is subtle, preferably ethically sourced candles, crystals and worthy reading material strategically arranged around one's humble hovel.

In Harry and Meghan's case I suspect the 'room' is actually a stage set plonked in an out of the way area of their mansion. It was the hideous fireplace that convinced me. grin

maddyone Sun 25-Oct-20 11:37:18

TerriBull
Wonderful, brilliant entertainment on this Sunday morning.

Gwyneth Sun 25-Oct-20 11:38:17

I was in London about 18 months ago at the theatre watching ‘Joseph’ . Phillip Schofield happened to be in the audience. Someone noticed him and people around started clapping but I didn’t!!

Kate1949 Sun 25-Oct-20 11:42:12

Brilliant Terri. Oh and so many books. I've lost count of the amount of book promotions I've seen in the last few weeks. Presumably with Christmas in mind. Many have been written to 'help' the rest of us apparently. How kind.

EllanVannin Sun 25-Oct-20 11:42:40

That post is worthy of a place in one of the broadsheets TerriBull, it was great. Well done you.

EllanVannin Sun 25-Oct-20 11:44:50

What a shower ! Pity the younger generation can't see through them all like we can.

TerriBull Sun 25-Oct-20 11:49:41

Damn! forgot Gwyneth and her pristine steam cleaned vagina, well of course my post doesn't specifically mention any one person it's merely a composite of many of the most annoying ones, but yeah she'd be right up there with her fragrant lady garden!

Am I alone in wishing for the days of Burton and Taylor, sadly gone to the great green room in the sky. No lectures from those two, just un adulterated adultery, and so much more of everything, marriages, food, drink, yachts, diamonds blingier than the most blingist of Kim and Kanye could ever aspire to, gladiatorial battles, and they were just with each other, near death experiences, all played out in a permanent drunken haze. They didn't want to run for political office, thank God left that to Ronnie, just got on with the job of being who they were. Those were the days!

honeyrose Sun 25-Oct-20 12:03:04

We got chatting to a man walking his dog in Berkshire a couple of years ago. This man had stood next to Philip Schofield in a bar (somewhere in Berkshire). Apparently the man didn’t recognise PS and they got chatting about this and that. It became clear to PS that he was unrecognised and then PS asked, “do you know who I am?!” Full of his own importance, or what?!!

sodapop Sun 25-Oct-20 12:31:38

grin grin that really cheered up my morning Terribull so true

LauraNorder Sun 25-Oct-20 12:49:05

Terribull, what a couple of wonderfully written, entertaining and unfortunately accurate posts.
Really brightened a dull Sunday for me.

Sparklefizz Sun 25-Oct-20 13:03:15

In Harry and Meghan's case I suspect the 'room' is actually a stage set plonked in an out of the way area of their mansion. It was the hideous fireplace that convinced me.

I read that some bright sparks had noticed that H&M's strategically arranged "woke" books shown behind them are rearranged for different photos with new ones added presumably to make a point, unless Doria has been round with the feather duster.

TerriBull Sun 25-Oct-20 13:04:30

Thank you folks, reading it back, I realise my post could have done with a bit of editing, I blame Andrew Marr, I was half watching him at the time, it's his ears I find them mesmerising!

boodymum67 Sun 25-Oct-20 15:02:25

I cant believe no-one (unless I missed it) has mentioned the one and only sickening Katie Price...Jordan of `glamour` modelling.

Her plastic surgery has made her look hideous...her refusal to follow doctors` orders re her broken feet.....and parading her children around like ornaments is truly No 1 for me.

LauraNorder Sun 25-Oct-20 15:08:28

What was so great about Terribull’s first longer post was that no names were mentioned and yet I’m sure most of us could put at least one name to each description, and unfortunately many names to most.

Jane10 Sun 25-Oct-20 15:10:42

Spot on Terribull!

NanKate Sun 25-Oct-20 15:23:44

Thanks for all your great contributions. What a laugh I have had and so pleased that I am not the only one who feels miffed and irritated by these self absorbed, rich, pain in the ar** types.

Gwyneth Paltrow’s scented candle was just the end. ?

The complete reverse of these types are IMO the Queen and Sir David Attenborough who conduct themselves so well.

NotTooOld Sun 25-Oct-20 16:59:07

They all annoy me. Especially the one with the initials MM - and I don't mean Matthew McCreevy, whoever he is.

farview Mon 26-Oct-20 13:08:54

Zoe Ball irritates me...so no longer have radio 2 playing at breakfast time..

Jane10 Mon 26-Oct-20 13:14:20

Ooh yes Zoe Ball. So gushing and fake sounding.

sodapop Mon 26-Oct-20 13:51:42

It just has to be Philip Schofield with his ridiculous posturing and fake tears.
Gwyneth Paltrow and her candles comes a close second I agree NanKate

DanniRae Mon 26-Oct-20 16:57:20

Sorry can't work out who MM is NotTooOld.
Can you give us more clues?

sodapop Mon 26-Oct-20 17:33:37

Meghan Markle DanniRae

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 26-Oct-20 17:54:44

I despise any ex-Reality TV ‘star’ unless they have accomplished something worthwhile. If I dislike anyone else actor, musician etc., I don’t watch anything they’re in. The main person I avoid at all costs, is Tom Cruise.

DanniRae Mon 26-Oct-20 18:43:51

Thanks sodapop!! grin