Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(94 Posts)
12Michael Mon 26-Oct-20 06:11:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a twilight start here in Brackley this morning , its dry as well.
A quiet day for me after watching the Giro drama unfold yesterday afternoon on TV.
Last year, when at the World Cycling Championships in Harrogate, I took a photo of the Giro winner boarding the INEOS coach , having finished 20th for GB on a wet day there.
Take Care,
Mick

Gingster Mon 26-Oct-20 07:47:25

Good morning all, and it’s beautiful here on the Suffolk coast. A lovely sunrise with gaggles of geese flying low over the sea. I took a pic but it doesn’t reflect the beauty!

Our neighbour here is very hostile towards us. Not speaking and ignoring our cheery waves. He hasn’t said but I think it’s because weve come from Essex which is now in tier 2 and Suffolk still in tier 1. We don’t go near him and it’s quite isolated up here. He’s a strange chap but his wife is fine with us. We’ve always been very friendly with them, bar barbecues and social gatherings etc. Although he does fall out with people on a regular basis. It’s a shame!

Bit more clearing the garden today and we need some compost and a few more pansies. I’ll order online.

Hope your mood continues to brighten grandMattie And*Beechnut*. Make yourself smile. It does help. ?

Sorry you can’t be with your partner Misschateline. How upsetting and frustrating for you both.

Marydoll give your hands a rest today. Probably too much keyboard tapping. ?. Take care when you’re out and about .

Dwm I too like to have a bit of a routine. It’s nice to organise my day , otherwise I would just flounder and waste my time, wondering what to do. I’m flexible too, though. If someone comes up with an idea, I’m on it ‘like a breakfast’. My late Mother’s favourite saying! ?

Sark your Dd sounds like a superwoman. It’s amazing what some people can cope with. Mainly women! ??.

A pleasant day to all???

Pittcity Mon 26-Oct-20 07:50:10

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Blue sky but chilly.
DH has just left for the day. He started a part time job in February helping with the Duke of Edinburgh Award. This week, half term holiday, he is actually delivering some training to youngsters. He went off with a bounce in his step.
I have shopping to do and have to troubleshoot our TV channels which have been messed up after a retune over the weekend.

dragonfly46 Mon 26-Oct-20 07:50:44

Good morning from a windy, wet Leicestershire.

I too felt very down yesterday not helped by the fact that I heard a Dutch friend had died. I convinced myself I will never see my DGC again. Whatever anyone says it is much harder being the paternal grandparent. Unfortunately my DD does not have children.

Grandmatty I hate to be so organised. It is not being able to do things spontaneously which I miss the most at the moment.

That is good news about Bluesappire Maw. I do hope she feels strong enough to come back soon. Sending love and hugs her way, and to gilly of course.

Grandmabatty Mon 26-Oct-20 07:51:36

Good morning All from Polmont where we have some blue among the grey clouds. Its been wet but is dry at the moment. Grandmattie, I suspect you are missing your boy a lot. ?. Marydoll how annoying that your escape plan has been thwarted! I'm sorry that your hand is giving you so much bother.
This is my usual babysitting day so I'm off for a shower then I'll go get dgs and bring him back to my house. Let the mayhem commence! I'm not sure what we will be doing but it will involve puddle splashing if there are any, and playing with cars. I'm going to stand him at the sink and let him splash there too. Yesterday was a baking day and I made banana bread and peanut butter cookies and pineapple upside down cake so plenty food in the house. Have a good day all.

brook2704 Mon 26-Oct-20 07:53:45

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s dry with light grey cloud streaking across the sky.
Yesterday was spent in the garden tidying up the leaves and cutting back. There’s still more leaves coming down - our garden backs onto the woods which is lovely, but there’s so many leaves to clear up each autumn ?
DH has just announced that the water has gone off and there’s none left in the kettle, luckily I’ve had my first cup of tea but will definitely need some more to keep me going. Fingers crossed it’ll come back on soon, he’s reported the fault and an engineer is on his way.
Sorry to hear about your change of plan marydoll hopefully you’ll work something out ......
Hope everyone feeling a little bit low today find something to enjoy, the little things matter so much at this time so please take care all and stay safe ?

kittylester Mon 26-Oct-20 07:55:50

Morning all from a very damp North Leicestershire. It isn't actually raining but I suspect that's temporary!

Loads of admin type stuff on my desk today - I never get to the end of my list.

We had a lovely morning watching Bertie play football (he scored the first goal!!) and then seeing the rest of the family after they had been to 'interview' a house, according to Persie, who also told me it had a 'cupoujie'.

It is now raining.

Lovely to hear that Bluesapphire is still around. Now we need gilly back.

NannyJan53 Mon 26-Oct-20 07:57:11

Good Morning from a dull and cloudy Black Country. At least it isn't raining (for now)

Walking for Health Walk this morning, I really missed those 2 hour walks and chatting. Even if it rains, I will still go.

Had a lovely group video chat with 3 friends last night for an hour. We used to meet up regularly for lunches etc. but that has been on hold since March.

My get up and go seems to have gone AWOL too. I think it is the thought of the Winter ahead, and no change.

Big hugs to Marydoll I do admire your upbeat attitude in spite of your health worries flowers

So pleased to hear that BlueSapphire is ok, hope to see you posting in the near future! Also, best wishes to gilly, we are all thinking of you.

mancgirl Mon 26-Oct-20 08:00:23

Good mornimg all. Chucking it down in Manchester. Won't be tempted out walking if it continues. Meant to do housework yesterday but saw some C*******s presents I had hidden from the gc. Decided to wrap them which made more mess to clean up. I used to love wrapping gifts, such a chore now. Maybe it's because we don't know what kind of Christmas we'll be having. I'm beginning to feel a knot of anxiety all the time now. Wish covid would begger off, think we have had enough of it now! Have a good day everyone, flowersfor those with extra cares and worries

ginny Mon 26-Oct-20 08:08:03

Good Morning all from N. Bucks. . The sun is peeping round the edge of my bedroom window. DH is off to golf and has just bought me a cup of tea .
A few house jobs to do this morning and then lunch with DD and on to have some blood tests.
We have a delivery this afternoon. A new toilet . I won’t go in to details as to why we need it !
Healing thoughts to those who need them and a little sunshine for all.

Annapops Mon 26-Oct-20 08:08:12

Cold and grey here in County Durham.

Yesterday we managed a walk out to a nearby wood in the sunshine. Even ended up discarding the woolly hat and gloves. It was lovely reminiscing about the time I brought the schoolchildren here tree planting. How rapidly some of those trees have grown. At the time we went on to make "dream catchers" with members of the Woodland Trust. It was all an introduction to our very own Forest School, something which is much more common now.

Today a visit to the hairdresser and then a walk with DD and GC in one of our favourite gardens at a former seminary. It's a great place for the children to run and explore in safety with lots of wood carvings for them to sit on or hide behind. We may even treat ourselves to a coffee.

Have the best day you can everyone.

Oldbutstilluseful Mon 26-Oct-20 08:22:01

Good morning from a gloriously sunny N Hants. The trees look wonderful in all their autumn finery.

Dragonfly I just wanted to say I totally understand where you’re coming from. The grandparents who are able to stay close to their son’s children are lucky indeed.

Sending best wishes to all who are feeling down and so many others in pain. We just have to take one day at a time and try to find something to help raise a smile. ????

Lins1066 Mon 26-Oct-20 08:28:18

Good Morning Mick and all. It is dry here on the S Welsh coast, hope it lasts.
Maw good to hear that you are in touch with BlueSapphire sending her hugs and best wishes ?
A walk to raise the spirits and start thinking about items for an online shop, oh the excitement here.
Have a pleasant day and stay safe.

Lins1066 Mon 26-Oct-20 08:29:36

Wishing EllanVannin good luck for today.

dragonfly46 Mon 26-Oct-20 08:34:10

Oldbutstilluseful thank you. My DGC live at the other end of the country which doesn’t help.

Sorry Ellen I must have missed a post but if you need it sending you good luck for today.

I hope your hand feels better soon mary and sorry your ‘empty’ isn’t empty!

Susan56 Mon 26-Oct-20 08:36:29

Good morning from Shropshire.

Dry at the moment.If the rain hold off bulbs to plant and beetroot to dig up,boil and preserve.

Thinking of Ellan and her family today and all with illness and worries.

GrannySomerset Mon 26-Oct-20 08:40:34

Meeting two WI friends for coffee later so must get on with the morning chore of getting DH up and ready to face the day. Currently raining but the sky is quite bright so looks as if sunshine and showers will be the order of the day.

Chat with DGD1 last night who is waiting to see if a class mate has tested positive and hence self isolating will be needed. As she said, it’s not that half term was full of exciting plans but being stuck in the house is not what she hoped for. It’s tough being young at the best of times, but now ......

Newquay Mon 26-Oct-20 08:45:48

My DH is the same-I always say he needs 6month’s notice to be spontaneous!
Well we’ve driven down to Cornwall at the same time as our local DD1 who has been in our bubble all along. Staying in our usual separate (lovely, very comfy and cosy) mobile homes. Got a joint visit to NT property grounds this morning. We’ll need warm layers and waterproofs at the ready!

Oldbutstilluseful Mon 26-Oct-20 08:53:46

For you Dragonfly

Oldbutstilluseful Mon 26-Oct-20 08:55:16

I’ll try again.

grannysyb Mon 26-Oct-20 08:55:17

Bright here, hope it stays that way as I have more alliums to plant. I bought myself a bulb auger which is like a very long drill bit, to use with the cordless drill, certainly speeds things up. DH is going to an appointment with the rheumatologist this morning, the GP thinks he has RA, the steroids are working at the moment, but I'm not sure if he can be on them long term. Hope everyone who feels a bit low feel better soon.

Anniebach Mon 26-Oct-20 08:55:43

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Greyduster Mon 26-Oct-20 08:59:48

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Dry and clear, but cool in South Yorkshire. We planted bulbs yesterday and sorted out some pots of narcissus that were root bound and needed the soil topping up. They are sprouting already. Today, a bit of shopping and then I am making Cornish pasties (which I swore I would never do again, it’s such a faff) to cheer up my GS. We’ll take them over tomorrow, though we can’t go into their house and he can’t come out, it will be lovely to see him.
Have a good safe day folks.

Kalu Mon 26-Oct-20 09:00:35

Good morning all from a drizzly day in Glasgow.

Keeping our fingers crossed the forecast has got it right today and it will be sunny and dry later as DD1 and the girls are hoping to visit after school today.?

A surprise FaceTime chat with a cousin and his girlfriend who called to tell us they have become engaged. He is the baby of our extended family and I am delighted with their news. Normally we would be having a family get together to celebrate the occasion but we will have to wait until such times, it is safe to do so.

Have a good day all and to those with troubling times, I hope you have a better day.
Hello Bluesapphire. I look forward to you joining us again whenever you can. My best wishes to you and also gilly.

Gelisajams Mon 26-Oct-20 09:04:53

Good morning from yet another wet day in Morecambe Bay. I like to be organised and know what I’m doing grandMattie But DH likes to be more spontaneous and decide on the day what to do. We have a bit of a compromise- I plan what we are doing when and if I’ve nothing in particular to do, he can make a last minute decision. It falls a bit flat though when we have had days of rain and there’s not a lot left to do, especially at the moment as we can’t pop in on family. I say pop in, it’s a sixty mile drive to see any of them. We moved from Manchester when the last one went to uni and were spread throughout the country. Now all 5 DC are back around the Manchester area.
I think I’m going to attempt a dress for DG6 today. A lady I garden for gave me a pattern and some material a couple of weeks ago. Otherwise it’s crochet, a bit of exercise on my gym ball and too much time on my iPad no doubt.
Glad you were rumbled Marydoll you really mustn’t be going in shops if at all possible. Take care and stay safe everyone ?

annsixty Mon 26-Oct-20 09:11:57

Good morning all from a very wet Stockport.
Two weeks on from my hip operation I am doing really well.
Getting about fine and almost pain free, just aches when I have done the exercises.
Chasing up the District nursing service again today.
The referral to take out the clips was “lost”, who would have thought it, they should have been removed at the end of last week.
So upsetting to read how low some of you are, my own life was uneventful due to age and infirmity before this all started but even I am getting frustrated now.
Surely it will end sometime.
Have the best day you can everyone.