Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(93 Posts)
12Michael Mon 26-Oct-20 06:11:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a twilight start here in Brackley this morning , its dry as well.
A quiet day for me after watching the Giro drama unfold yesterday afternoon on TV.
Last year, when at the World Cycling Championships in Harrogate, I took a photo of the Giro winner boarding the INEOS coach , having finished 20th for GB on a wet day there.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Mon 26-Oct-20 06:17:28

Good morning from a clear E Kent. The sky is bright and I’m hoping we’ll have a sunny day after yesterday’s sudden squalls.
Many emotions, yesterday, Mick with the Giro!
I was very miserable yesterday but feeling positive today.
Got a haircut, then clean the house. Monday, we clean as DH needs to have everything in the diary, every day allocated its jobs, nothing left to chance. Even in retirement. As for spontaneous decisions, forget it!
Have a good day everyone, stay safe.

Dwmxwg Mon 26-Oct-20 06:18:19

Good morning Mick and all to come.
Stil dark but dry here in north Surrey. Off to work very soon, then gym and M&S shop on my way home.
I have a huge pile of ironing waiting to greet me when I get home. Don’t mind the ironing if I’ve got something to watch on the tv.
Had a lovely day yesterday, one rainy dog walk (the weather not the dog!) in the morning and an autumnal sun/colours in the afternoon with DS and his little family.
Have a good day all and will enjoy catching up this evening with everyone’s news

MawB2 Mon 26-Oct-20 06:18:38

Good morning Mick and all to come.
Just wanted to say I had a chat on the phone with Bluesapphire yesterday. It was really nice to hear from her and she said she still “lurks” occasionally so may be reading this! She very much hopes to be back with us.

Dwmxwg Mon 26-Oct-20 06:19:43

I am someone who likes my day organised too GrandMattie

Beechnut Mon 26-Oct-20 06:22:06

Good Morning all from Severnside. It’s a little cloudy and rain is expected.

Not the best of days yesterday mood wise so I hope to shake that off today. I don’t think it was all to do with the clocks going back but I shall be looking forward to mid December when it’s starts to get lighter.

Have a good day everyone ?

Beechnut Mon 26-Oct-20 06:25:19

Lovely to hear news about BlueSapphire Maw. I’ll give her a wave ?

Ashcombe Mon 26-Oct-20 06:29:05

Good morning, Mick and the rest of the gang!

Dwmxwg: you have a busy day ahead - I’m tired just reading about it but I hope all your plans come to fruition.

We have some sunshine promised after a little rain initially. Perhaps I’ll venture out to some local parks where some wonderful old trees are to be found and the colours will be worth seeing.

grandMattie: I’m glad you are feeling more positive today; we can’t underestimate the effects of current circumstances in the world and shortening days.

Here’s to a brighter new week for us all!

Beauregard Mon 26-Oct-20 06:54:22

Good morning all. It's dry here in Derbyshire with showers to come later.

DH is hoping to dodge those showers and give our field shelter a coat of engine oil this morning. I might go along too - there are always plenty of jobs to be done at the field. If not, I still have bulbs to plant and plenty of housework to do.

Hope everyone is feeling well and today is a good day.

aggie Mon 26-Oct-20 06:58:19

Good Morning all, no idea what its doing out there , i am trying to ztay in bed to reset my body clock
Nothing planned for today ,I could go grocery shopping but the schoolchildren were all over the place last week and I think discretion is the better part of valour

Marydoll Mon 26-Oct-20 07:00:04

Good morning all from a dark and wet Glasgow. DH is off to play golf, I hope!!!

I'm so glad to hear you spoke to BlueSapphire, Maw. I have often wondered how she is getting on.
Grandmattie, you sound quite low and you must be missing your boy. You too Beechnut. ?

I'm off out early to pick up a change meds in the hope that they will not interact as badly as the previous ones did with my injection.
I haven't told DH, my daughter or my SIL. They will just make a fuss about me going out, as numbers are very high here. However, I feel so guilty about having to rely on them for things like this. They need to keep safe too.

I spent yesterday producing a funeral order of service. I used to make them in no time, but Microsoft Word has changed and as usual, I just rushed ahead without actually looking properly at the new features.
Of course, I can't just make a simple one, I have got to make it fancy, complete with graphics and photographs.?
I become quite absorbed in tasks like that, enjoying troubleshooting when it goes pear shaped! I know I'm an odd character.

Not much else got done, as my right hand is quite swollen and excruciatingly painful. I don't know what has caused this flare up. Splints are not the most comfortable thing to wear, but it looks like I will have to go back to wearing them again.?

Wishing everyone the best day you can.

MissChateline Mon 26-Oct-20 07:07:28

Good morning from a damp West Yorkshire. So lovely that it’s lighter in the morning as I can do my morning stomp through the woods as soon as I get up rather than having to wait for it to get light.
Had supper with some friends yesterday evening. Yes I know I shouldn’t have done, but it’s the first ‘normal’ thing I’ve done since the start of September. My mental health is more important than the latest round of incomprehensible rules.
My partner continues to be stuck in Europe and really doesn’t want to come back to the UK whilst it’s in such a mess. We were last together in august when I went out for a month. I have no idea when we will live together in the same country again.
Kitchen fitter will be here today and should finish completely tomorrow. The decorator comes in on Wednesday and hopefully I will have a fully finished kitchen after 8 weeks. It’s been a long haul. There is not an inch of my house which isn’t covered in plaster dust and debris. Onwards and upwards!

Scentia Mon 26-Oct-20 07:09:10

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. Damp and cold out there today.
Work at the factory today as we are enjoying a bit of a rush on orders, not complaining?
DD will pop over at lunch to pick up the book box and a bag of clothes from the little boy next door for my DGS.
Mary don’t take too many risks. Be careful out there folks.

grandMattie Mon 26-Oct-20 07:14:05

Marydoll, I’ve recently been changed to the new 365 Word and can’t get my head round it yet. Too many bells and whistles. And I think you’re right about missing my boy. Once a mum always a mum!

Sark Mon 26-Oct-20 07:17:07

Good Morning from Oxfordshire.
Dry and still at the moment.
Well that was a busy weekend as we had our 3 and 6 year old GC for most of it.
We had lots of laughs and a lot of fun but they are on the go from the moment they wake up and simply do not stop.
Somehow our DD manages to look after these two, teach a class of demanding children in a special needs school, cook and clean etc etc whilst in pain and a few health problems.
Back to work for a rest for me today!
Hope everyone has a good day with some sunshine and smiles

Sar53 Mon 26-Oct-20 07:19:35

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea.
Another one here who got a bit down and tearful yesterday morning. I was looking at pictures on my phone of my granddaughters and it suddenly hit me how much I miss them and when will I see them again. I got over it, as you do. DD1 phoned and we had a lovely chat.
Admin and housework today.
Have a pleasant Monday and stay safe everyone xx

Jaxjacky Mon 26-Oct-20 07:19:48

Good morning all from a dry, clear S Hants. Yesterday one of my vapes exploded, really quite dramatic, apparently it’s very rare, I just wish I wasn’t that special! More kitchen boxes to pack today, an hour a day should have it more or less done in a week, the dishwasher is on the drive for the scrap metal man. I’ve emailed a charity and hope they can make use of the cooker and small f/f. I’ve been a bit down and trying to get my head set more positively before I get up in the morning.
Wishing you all a day with at least one happy moment or two.

Nannytopsy Mon 26-Oct-20 07:21:06

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Glad you enjoyed the Giro yesterday. My nephew risked £10 at 120:1 weeks ago on Teo, an outsider and won £1200 yesterday!
We have men coming to lay the greenhouse base today which I want to manage quite closely but my knee is worse than ever this morning. I have a phone appointment with the GP in an hour.
Good news about Bluesapphire. Best wishes if you’re reading!
Better get hopping I suppose!
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 26-Oct-20 07:21:10

Good morning Mick and all

We have blue sky here in S E Essex. Yesterday was a completely wasted day!!! I didn’t get to start my new book, I just couldn’t get going so I gave in in the afternoon and watched two really corny American Christmas films whilst laying on the bed ( Mr GG13 was hogging the tv in the sitting room.

I hope I can find my get up and go today as I am not used to feeling so downhearted.

Good morning BlueSaphire ?

Thinking of all our poorly friends and of course dear gillybob Grandmattie , Beechnut flowers

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

cornergran Mon 26-Oct-20 07:24:29

Morning Mick, morning All from a very wet corner of Somerset. It’s foul out there. Hope it clears by lunch time, have what I hope (please) is the final stage of a dental process. Instructions are not to take coat, bag or umbrella. Can’t park outside. Oh heck.

Thanks Maw, good to hear BlueSapphire hopes to be back when she can. Not sure how to occupy myself this morning, I’m sure something will appear, may settle for a couple of phone chats. Its a strange world, bound to get us down sometimes, let’s all be careful out there, please.

Marydoll Mon 26-Oct-20 07:27:39

? The golf has been abandoned, I've been rumbled! No sneaking out. I'm raging!!!

Grandmattie, I used to deliver courses on Microsoft Office to teachers for the LA, now I need to use the Help function. Oh the shame of it!!!?

I hope you perk up, as the day goes on.

teaforone Mon 26-Oct-20 07:39:43

Morning all. Went to a local carvery yesterday and it was managed so well. We all went to up to the servers and remotely chose our lunch then it was bought to our table by lovely young waitresses. Felt very safe. Had to take down my bird feeders as they were being swamped by starlings and squirrels so instead have put up a window feeder on the patio window and can watch the robins and blue tits at close quarters, Sorry squirrels etc but it was getting too expensive to feed everyone and I love seeing the small birds so close,

NanKate Mon 26-Oct-20 07:39:48

Morning Mick and All.

A lovely sunny day in South Bucks.

Going to play Rummikub for the first time since Lockdown with 5 socially distanced friends. Hope I can remember the rules.

Poor Mary. I do so feel for you with your swollen hand. How you keep your spirits up I don’t know. Sending a very gentle hug. ?

Urmstongran Mon 26-Oct-20 07:39:55

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s blowing a hoolie! The palm trees are dancing this morning but the sky is pale blue and sun is forecast later this morning.

We have absolutely no plans for today and will see what unfolds, if anything. I feel for you grandMattie I would absolutely hate an imposed regime (especially in a diary). I wouldn’t want to get out of bed. Or I’d be telling Himself it’s his list so crack on! I feel cross on your behalf. As this isn’t new though, I expect Marydoll is right and you are down in the dumps because your boy has gone back to India.

Thanks for the welcome update Maw about BlueSapphire. Shout out to you dear lady if you’re lurking ?

Hope Monday is good to us all. I’m sure I won’t be the only one looking at a clock and thinking ‘it’s .... really’ for a day or two! Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

baubles Mon 26-Oct-20 07:46:21

Good morning Mick, morning all from grey and wet South Lanarkshire.

My biggest decision today will be choosing what colour of yarn to use to edge the little crochet blanket I finished last night. Must resist the temptation to pop down to the wool shop, I’m sure I’ve got something suitable in my stash.

Take care of yourselves.