Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(94 Posts)
12Michael Mon 26-Oct-20 06:11:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a twilight start here in Brackley this morning , its dry as well.
A quiet day for me after watching the Giro drama unfold yesterday afternoon on TV.
Last year, when at the World Cycling Championships in Harrogate, I took a photo of the Giro winner boarding the INEOS coach , having finished 20th for GB on a wet day there.
Take Care,
Mick

mamaa Mon 26-Oct-20 21:57:31

Just popped in, I usually ‘lurk’ as I don’t have anything interesting to say of a morning but was so pleased to see that BlueSapphire has posted that I felt that I had to comment to acknowledge it. flowers

Urmstongran Mon 26-Oct-20 21:02:55

Baby steps BlueSapphire - well done! x

NannyJan53 Mon 26-Oct-20 18:23:40

Great to see you BlueSapphire glad you are ok flowers

Jamie Mon 26-Oct-20 18:10:20

Wishing you well,*Blue Sapphire* Hope you are ok.x

Georgesgran Mon 26-Oct-20 14:11:06

We do indeed Annapops!

Just trying to be extra careful with DH at the moment. Half way through a new treatment only licensed by NICE last November, so would hate to jeopardize it. Usually just a weekly blitz at Sainsbury’s - so fast, you’d think I’d won a trolley dash in a raffle!! Now in T2, I’m seeing 2 friends separately outside and GS George, of course. The ‘Lumiere’ thing at Ushaw sounds great - might risk it. X

SilverDarlings12 Mon 26-Oct-20 13:40:52

Hello BLUESAPPHIRE I did have my door painted

Sapphire Blue=Lovely x

kittylester Mon 26-Oct-20 13:09:24

bluesapphire

kittylester Mon 26-Oct-20 13:08:28

Waving back to you bluesapohire.

GrannyOwl5 Mon 26-Oct-20 13:00:00

And another one delighted to see you BlueSapphire

Kalu Mon 26-Oct-20 12:58:14

Hello Bluesaphire. It’s so good to see you posting this morning. ?

cornergran Mon 26-Oct-20 12:55:08

Me too bluesapphire. A huge wave back smile. .

GrannyGravy13 Mon 26-Oct-20 12:53:03

Another one who is so pleased to see you posting BlueSaphire flowers

Marydoll Mon 26-Oct-20 12:51:24

Oh Bluesapphire, I'm so delighted to see you posting! ?

Susan56 Mon 26-Oct-20 12:44:02

Lovely to see you BlueSapphire??

BlueSapphire Mon 26-Oct-20 12:43:14

Am raising my head above the parapet and giving everyone a tentative wave.....! Had a lovely chat with Maw yesterday.

grandMattie Mon 26-Oct-20 12:17:06

Urms, I fight important battles and let silly things pass. Just needed a whinge. ?

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 26-Oct-20 12:13:21

Good afternoon folks from at the moment sunny Harrogate - the skies were falling earlier when I thought I had posted my usual spiel! It was raining a bit last last years cycling event Mick! I have since been talking to my school friend who lives in Ayrshire and is a bit fed up with the Lockdown, she can't see her daughter who lives in Glasgow or her son and family who lives in Hampshire. Sorry you are missing your son, Grandmattie.
Marydoll you sound as though you are too ambitious!! Slow down!
Good luck Ellanvanin.

Hope everyone stays safe

Taichinan Mon 26-Oct-20 11:56:48

Welcome Kazzer! My spell checker decided you were called Jazzed, but that's sorted. Now, back to my to do list ?

Annapops Mon 26-Oct-20 11:55:17

Such a shame Georgesgran as the gardens at Ushaw are looking amazing in their Autumn colours plus the stained glass windows in the trees are so pretty with the sunlight gleaming through. I do hope you will be able to get out and about to see them at some point. Is it possible for a family member to take you, or is it too risky at the moment with your DH being unwell? My DIL will be there later in the week doing a pumpkin trail with GS4. The college are doing so much to attract visitors. A mini Lumiere is planned for Christmas too (fingers crossed it will go ahead).

Good luck with your DH's treatment. Hoping it will not be postponed.

Wishing you a lovely day Georgesgran, we share a beautiful part of the country. X

Taichinan Mon 26-Oct-20 11:50:09

Grandmattie I understand now! That would not sit well with me either! I shall revert to enjoying being master of my own daily grind. ??

Urmstongran Mon 26-Oct-20 11:49:04

Typo hollysteers?

annsixty Mon 26-Oct-20 11:38:41

450 pairs of trousers hollysteers?
Respect, more than a pair a day for well over a year.
You should open a charity shop.??

Taichinan Mon 26-Oct-20 11:32:15

Thanks for reminding me - I meant to send good luck vibes to EllanVanin too today. She's one feisty and capable lady and is well-prepared - go get 'em Ellan!

Marydoll sorry your escape route has been barred - but I'm sure you'll find a way!

hollysteers Mon 26-Oct-20 11:31:50

Morning Mick and all. Not mentioning your health Mick so I presume you are ok.
Breezy here and the cat has been miaowing for attention all morning, in out, in out and feeding not seeming enough. She’s had a lot of attention since lockdown. Oh no, I’ve spoilt the cat. No cat flap as yet. I’m a cat waitress!? Maybe it’s the Dreamies that did it, nothing else will do. Long walk in the woods yesterday in the sun and felt better for it as well as a chat with my very reclusive neighbour. I’m glad he’s ok. He told me when he moved in (widower) that he wanted to be left alone and boy he means it, so it was nice when he called me as I set off. I think even he wanted a chat in these strange times,
No plans today apart from tackling my bedroom which resembles an angry teenagers. I have a trouser problem, having put on weight round the middle, I have 450 pairs of trousers in different styles and sizes. Getting it just right is getting me down.?
Thoughts to the worried.

Taichinan Mon 26-Oct-20 11:21:02

That's my problem Gingster - I flounder and faff about and achieve precisely zilch. I think I'll get DGD3 to take me in hand - she's a real wee do-er. She's very nearly 15 and is very 'into baking'. She's been baking all weekend and has distributed cakes and biscuits to all her favourite people. I'm meeting up with her next weekend so hoping I'm on her 'favourite people' list! Anyway I shall get her to text me each day asking what I've been doing. That should sort me out!