Gransnet forums

Chat

Day Dream Destinations

(84 Posts)
Teetime Mon 26-Oct-20 09:05:54

I'm a real daydreamer and I find I have one or two regular destinations, Clapton in the Yorkshire Dales - the footpath to the Ingleton climb and Aysgarth Falls. Care to share and describe to help us think some some lovely things and places today.

Annaram1 Mon 26-Oct-20 11:02:02

My Dad was born in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and 2 years ago my daughter and I went there. Visited beautiful Rio de Janeiro, where we saw the Christ the Redeemer statue and the Sugar Loaf Mountain, and we sunned ourselves at Copacabana Beach. Then went to Sao Paulo where we stayed on a farm for 3 days, and then down to the wonderful Iguazu Falls. I'll never forget that beautiful country. Would love to go again.

Onwardsandupwards Mon 26-Oct-20 11:02:42

Isle of Skye.. Simply breathtaking

Davida1968 Mon 26-Oct-20 11:02:44

New Zealand & Hawaii. (The latter is now open to tourists... I can dream on.....)

GrammarGrandma Mon 26-Oct-20 11:06:37

I'm missing Italy. No Bologna for the Book Fair this year (cancelled), no Venice, no Florence no Siena - all my favourite places.

Nvella Mon 26-Oct-20 11:06:56

annifrance

India again.

And India again for me - just loved it

Jillybird Mon 26-Oct-20 11:12:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Patticake123 Mon 26-Oct-20 11:24:53

Plymouth Street Brooklyn New York - actually quite a scruffy, urban street but it’s who lives there and whom I am desperate to see that attracts . If that was possible, the next fantasy is walking in the Julian Alps.... roll on a vaccine.

Georgesgran Mon 26-Oct-20 11:26:27

Not everyone’s cup of tea - but New York. Discovered it in ‘07 and can’t get enough! DD2 (Wheelchair user) has been 33 in times in 11 years - what an inspiration! I’ve even started watching the ‘intro’ to Judge Judy just to see the streets of Manhattan. Sad???

Maggiemaybe Mon 26-Oct-20 11:28:10

Teetime

This all sounds lovely. What I really meant was when you are sitting quietly where does you mind wander to?

The end of a pier, looking out over the sea. Waves crashing and seagulls calling. The smell of salt and seaweed, cliffs in the distance.

Frannygranny Mon 26-Oct-20 11:31:07

A wee cottage that we go to that sits on the shoreline on the Isle of Skye or San Francisco. No difference!!

LauraNorder Mon 26-Oct-20 11:39:30

My dining room with all the family round the table laughing and chatting.
A cafe, anywhere in the world, at a table with my girlfriends and raucous laughter.
A lagoon in Vatukoula, Fiji, where I grew up, lazing on a big rock surrounded by chattering fellow school girls, no one said I couldn’t go back in time in my daydreams.

SewnSew Mon 26-Oct-20 12:05:21

Oh definitely Florence for me! We've been three times, were due to go again in the Spring but obviously had to cancel. Can't wait to visit the wonderful arty sites again.

Grandmabeach Mon 26-Oct-20 12:19:31

Our last holiday destination - South Africa. Wine tasting, fantastic food, lazy afternoons reading on our balcony while enjoying the view across the bay with Table Mountain in the distance.

polly123 Mon 26-Oct-20 12:28:32

Italy for me. Especially Venice, Rome and Sorrento. Beautiful.

GrandmasueUK Mon 26-Oct-20 12:36:23

The coast road from Lisbon to Cascais and along the Guincho road. I’ve been there quite a few times over the past 10 years. If I’m really missing it I go onto Google Street view and travel along it virtually! I also go onto the web cam at the Minack theatre almost daily for my view of the sea.

Craftycat Mon 26-Oct-20 12:40:46

There is a lovely little cove in Pefkos, on Rhodes where I can spend all day reading & swimming while DH stays on the balcony of apartment - we meet up for lunch.

dragonfly46 Mon 26-Oct-20 12:43:25

When I cannot sleep I imagine I am at the top of a mountain in Switzerland - Heidi country.

rosecarmel Mon 26-Oct-20 12:47:25

Balmy evenings in Puerto Rico, the couqui singing, the sheer curtains gently lifting on sea-scented breezes, folding into the notes of conversations and laughter rising up from the cafe below-

Dinahmo Mon 26-Oct-20 12:49:30

Italy for me too - my favourite destination. The last time we went to Florence was 3 years ago. This time of the year. Very crowded. We went over the Alps on the Bernina Express which was a lovely train journey. On the return journey we stopped overnight in Turin. A great city and will return. Sicily too.

About 12 years ago we went to the Yucatan peninsula - had everything that we like - interesting towns and archaeology, wonderful bird life. I'd love to go back as more ancient sites have been opened up but I don't fancy the flights. I always manage to pick up a bug. So train journeys for us in future (or car)

GrammaH Mon 26-Oct-20 12:52:52

I'm down in Puglia, sitting by a pool outside a trullo & looking forward to a delicious meal under the stars in the little town of Cisternino. Or maybe I'm up in Abruzzo overlooking the beautiful beaches of the region but with spectacular mountains behind me. I'm missing Italy so much.

Gracesnan Mon 26-Oct-20 13:23:47

Me too, Jillybird. Visited India twice, and it’s now in my heart! The utter chaos is wonderful, and the people are too!

blueberry1 Mon 26-Oct-20 13:33:39

Sitting on the rocks above La Corbiere Lighthouse on Jersey with the sea breaking on the rocks and a warm breeze.

Thisismyname1953 Mon 26-Oct-20 13:37:22

I’ve wanted to go to the Isle of Skye for many years but something always happens to stop me . Maybe next year I’ll drive there on my own if I’m brave enough .

sodapop Mon 26-Oct-20 13:41:28

Walking along the beach on the UK east coast, feel the wind and spray and breathe fresh air.

Chrisks Mon 26-Oct-20 14:14:39

It’s Venice every time for me!
I was like an excited child as we sailed in on the water taxi.
Had a gondola trip, worth every penny.
Long to go back one day when it’s safe again.