Gransnet forums

Chat

Day Dream Destinations

(84 Posts)
Teetime Mon 26-Oct-20 09:05:54

I'm a real daydreamer and I find I have one or two regular destinations, Clapton in the Yorkshire Dales - the footpath to the Ingleton climb and Aysgarth Falls. Care to share and describe to help us think some some lovely things and places today.

jillyJo Mon 26-Oct-20 20:47:40

Catalan Bay in Gibraltar - love it!

Lollin Mon 26-Oct-20 23:50:30

Sitting in my beautiful bloom filled peaceful garden - day dreaming is the only way I'm going there!

grannysyb Tue 27-Oct-20 09:11:49

Funnily enough, I've been thinking of somewhere on the North Yorkshire moors called Sheepwash. My late aunt used to take my sister and me up there when we were children. It's above Osmotherly , a lovely village. Must go back and find it before I get too old. We are hoping to go back to Venice next spring, one of our favourite places.

Witzend Tue 27-Oct-20 09:33:18

Floating on my back in the lovely warm Caribbean Sea, looking lazily at the palm trees and listening to the plash of tiny wavelets on the shore.

Roll on a few hours, sitting on that beach watching the last of the sunset, with a Rum Collins, listening to the wavelets and the nightly chirping of the tree frogs.

Teetime Tue 27-Oct-20 09:57:45

Thank you joining in this thread. I find day dreaming does help me think about when we could do these things again as we will I'm sure. Another big rainy day today - we are going to put some bright music on and look at cottage website for next autumn - we have been looking at the programme on Shetland somewhere that we dream of going one day soon.

Omits01 Tue 27-Oct-20 10:03:25

Visit to an Alien Spaceship. Unlikely as they will not want all our Human bugs!

Kate1949 Tue 27-Oct-20 10:20:49

I sometimes daydream that I am back in Santorini. What a stunning place. And those sunsets! Also the Amalfi Coast and Lake Garda. Beautiful.

Aepgirl Tue 27-Oct-20 11:45:47

Anywhere but my back garden.