Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(83 Posts)
12Michael Thu 29-Oct-20 06:09:07

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry outside , with no wind at the moment here in Brackley .
Today , my usual trips via Buckingham to Bicester and back, tempted to start to xmas presents slowly over next few weeks as that period this year seems unpredictable as to things .
Take Care,
Mick

Sar53 Thu 29-Oct-20 07:33:39

Good morning from a grey, miserable Essex by the sea. Rain is forecast for much of today so apart from a visit to the supermarket I shall not be going anywhere.
A very happy anniversary Ashcombe, semi-detached, I like that. We spent the first two years of our relationship living in separate counties and only seeing each other at weekends, but separate countries, especially at the moment, must be difficult.
Grammaretto I hope your husband is back home with you soon.
Best wishes to all our grans overseas who are going into harsher lockdown. Will it happen here, who knows.
Have the best Thursday you can and stay safe everyone xx

GrannyGravy13 Thu 29-Oct-20 07:45:46

Good morning Mick and all

Weather is exactly as Sar53 said!!

No plans, might pop to Sainsbury’s to get some non-perishable Christmas bits and bobs. I cannot shake off the feeling that we shall be in another UK wide lockdown in the coming week and I feel more worried now than back in March.

Happy Anniversary to the Ashcombes

Speedy recovery to your DH Grammrtetto

Keep safe and well folks?‍♀️

dragonfly46 Thu 29-Oct-20 07:49:51

Good morning from a greyish Leicestershire.

Had a long chat with the DGC on FT yesterday. My DiL offered to self isolate for a week so they could come and see us but sadly I think we are going up a tier or two this weekend so not possible. It was reassuring though that they care and they are now back in the will! ?

Sending hugs to Grammaretto and flowers.
Happy Anniversary Ashcombe .
Maybe separate rooms Grandmattie?

grandMattie Thu 29-Oct-20 07:54:16

Suggested that, dragon, but his look of sadness makes it impossible. Beside when I o take a holiday, he sleeps very badly. He sleeps better with me. ?

mancgirl Thu 29-Oct-20 07:54:46

Good morning from a damp Manchester. Met dil and gs's 2 and 3 in a tea room yesterday for brunch. It was so nice, lovely couple that run it. There were a total of 6 adults in all the time we were there . The owner said that would probably be it for the day. Very sad, they try so hard to make it safe. Nice room, delicious food, good with the little ones, don't know how it can survive. Good to see the boys, we went to the park after that for a run round and fresh air. Being out makes me feel so much better. Happy anniversary to the *Ashcombes *?. Not much planned today but can always find stuff to do. Have a good day everyone. flowersfor those with extra cares and worries.

Nortsat Thu 29-Oct-20 08:00:34

Good morning Mick and the GM team from a grey east London.

Well I spent 35 mins on hold with HMRC yesterday and then was finally advised that for them to send out a self assessment form and number takes 2 MONTHS. I have been trying since AUGUST, to pay a tax charge, which they say I owe them. I am not disputing anything ... I actually want to give them the thousands of pounds they say I owe.
They gave me a refund in the summer of £600 and now say I owe them £3,700.
It really is the most soul destroying experience and it’s extraordinarily time consuming.

On to better things ... I will have a walk to the park today. Then some housework...

I hope MrG is making good progress Grammaretto.
Thinking of gilly. Good thoughts to those facing challenges today. Let’s be careful out there. ?

Susan56 Thu 29-Oct-20 08:01:45

Good morning from Shropshire.Torrential rain forecast today.

Supermarket today.We don’t need enough for a delivery every week so just a quick top up shop today?

Grammaretto, glad you can visit your husband and hope he is home with you soon?

Cherry.x?

Have a good day all and stay safe.

ginny Thu 29-Oct-20 08:03:33

Good Morning . Not too bad weather wise in. N. Bucks.
DGS was worn out yesterday and slept till 7.30. His Mummy will pick him up in an hour or so as they are going out for the day.
Dd2 is working from our house today and will be staying for dinner this evening
Cup of tea with a friend for me this afternoon and hopefully a short walk.
? for all who need cheering and hope you all find some ? today.

Urmstongran Thu 29-Oct-20 08:05:41

Sun’s up here! ?. ‘Oh what a beautiful morning oh what a beautiful day ? ‘

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s just gorgeous already. Can’t believe it’s November on Sunday! Not a cloud in the sky and the Mediterranean is deep blue - a good sign. We have highs of 24°C today and no plans. (Yet).
?

I love my hair! One of the best cuts (a relaxed bob apparently) I’ve ever had. Sharp precision and some layers to give it body - Aston (Scottish hairdresser, never heard that name before) said best for fine hair. Ladies make the mistake of saying ‘no layers please’ because they have fine hair. She always tries to persuade otherwise. No backcombing, no hairspray just a fantastic cut. I’m very pleased with it.

Happy wedding anniversary Ashcombe you both make a handsome couple. Together but living apart - sounds like fun meet ups! ??

A surprise cake is being delivered today to the grandchildren from grandma (me). Dark Chocolate brownie and comes with a white chocolate icing pen, while chocolate fondant bats, cobwebs etc for them to decorate themselves - and eat! It sounded fun and different.

Hope Thursday (already ... how is this even happening?) is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

kittylester Thu 29-Oct-20 08:06:01

Morning all. It is pouring in my bit of Leicestershire aboutc4 miles from dragonfly.

We were going to DD1's for tea in the garden today but have postponed till the weekend in the hope the weather improves!

Nothing else on the agenda till the Sainsbury's shop arrives at 5pm.

Gramaretto' I hope you husband is home soon.

And, congratulations to Mr&MrsAshcombe.

And, come back gilly.

PollyDolly Thu 29-Oct-20 08:07:46

Good morning from the North East Midlands! Well, my walk yesterday was wonderful, although rather muddy underfoot the sun was shining and it was so peaceful and uplifting to be out in the fresh air.
Today brings an eye test, a visit to the haberdashers and also the greeting card shop.
Thoughts are with all those struggling or feeling under the weather. Stay safe everyone and have a good day!

Marydoll Thu 29-Oct-20 08:10:23

Good morning all from a dull and grey Glasgow.

Wishing Ashcombe and her husband a happy anniversary, albeit a socially distanced one! ?
Dear Grammaretto, I don't know how I missed the fact your husband was in hospital. I hope you have him home with you soon, and remember to take care of yourself too.?

I want to send my best very wishes to Ellan Vannin, who last night was contemplating leaving GN, due to another poster's actions. Please stay, you have so much to contribute. ?

For my fellow posters on here from North and South Lanarkshire, Level 3 is bad enough for us all in the Central Belt, I hope you don't go into full lock down and Level 4. ☹
We will know today. ?

Wishing you all a pleasant day and virtual hugs for all of us who need them.

Jaxjacky Thu 29-Oct-20 08:13:02

Good morning Mick and all from a grey S Hants, rain on the way. New window and front door fitted yesterday, but boy it was cold indoors! DD in for a quick visit later with GC’s, emptying the kitchen cupboards means there’s lots of ‘stuff’ we just don’t use now, DD can help herself.
Happy Anniversary Ashcombe obviously SD works for you two ?
Grammaretto ??your DH is home soon.
I shall await a new toilet being delivered today! Wishing you all a gentle day.

Lins1066 Thu 29-Oct-20 08:13:26

Good morning Mick and all. It is raining steadily here on the S Welsh coast, no walk for Mr Lins and the puppy this morning, it must be bad. The gardeners finished all the cutting back yesterday, the garden looks a lot better. All that is left of the conifer is a large stump, it can't be removed as the roots go under a high dividing wall. Plenty I could be doing today but haven't much enthusiasm, we'll see.
A Happy Anniversary Ashcombe, lovely photo of you both ??
Best wishes to your husband Grammaretto, I hope that he is better and back home soon.
Take care everyone.

Urmstongran Thu 29-Oct-20 08:15:17

It’s such the perfect day for a stroll, not a puff of wind so we’ve just decided to have breakfast, Himself is already showered and take ourselves off for a long walk into Torremolinos. We will have lunch there and walk the calories off coming home about 6pm. Off to decide what sundress and sandals to wear ...
x

Taichinan Thu 29-Oct-20 08:15:51

Good morning from the Angus coast, looking particularly lovely under a cloudless blue sky. However it's due to start raining at 11am according to my BBC weather app. What's that the Old Wives used to say - "Sun before seven, rain by eleven"? Oh well, I shall be in the hall with my tai chi-ers, after which I shall have to swim to the fish shop!

Had a good class last night - but I swear that hall is haunted (it's in a very old part of the town). As we were doing our set the double doors to the first hall both opened slowly and simultaneously. I watched them, smiling a welcome from behind my mask, but nobody was there! It was really quite discombobulating and when the students had left and I was wiping down and cleaning the surfaces I felt quite nervous and couldn't get out of there fast enough! Oh well, I was looking for a bit of excitement in my life ......

Happy anniversary Ashcombe and Monsieur A. How lovely - a marriage full of honeymoons!!
Grammaretto, so sorry your DH is in hospital. I hope it's not long before he's home again.

Now off I go to join the ghosts and four classes of tai chi-ers. It's going to be difficult to refine the moves of the ghosts when I can't see them! Have as good a day as you can everybody and may the pain you're suffering be less today. Remember to keep smiling everyone. ☺️??

Urmstongran Thu 29-Oct-20 08:16:49

Ps don’t you DARE leave EV ... even if you only ever post here. WE would all miss you too much.
?

Grandmafrench Thu 29-Oct-20 08:23:15

Good Morning everyone......and from a warm South of France, ‘don’t panic, Capt Mainwaring!’ That’s me told.

I shall make a few adjustments to my to-do list today - as Lockdown starts at midnight. The dump will doubtless be busy but we’ll need 2 trips to dispose of garden waste and to free up the garage from the ever-present cardboard boxes. Chimney sweep will call later and wasn’t that good timing.

Distant neighbours have suddenly acquired children and other visitors - presumably GC’s from Paris. Wonder if they’ll hunker down here or rush back to Paris before curfew this evening. Waiting for fine detail from the Town Hall to see if the beaches are banned AGAIN for us. Is it really 8 months since we started this life-squishing drama?

Elsewhere......have a Happy Anniversary day, ? The Ashcombes. Happy Hairday, Urms.Pleased for you. Please, get well enough to go home Mr Grammaretto. ?? Hope the weather improves so that some outdoor life is possible for all. It does so lift the mood.

Enjoy your day and let’s keep on going......?....everything to gain!

Big hugs from ??

Gingster Thu 29-Oct-20 08:24:40

Good morning all from a grey Suffolk coast. No wind as yet, but string winds coming our way later.

Yesterday we had a lovely walk in the forest. The sun shone and the smell of the damp earth and fallen leaves was gorgeous. I sat in the summerhouse mid afternoon to read , with little pooch and it started to rain, quickly followed by huge hailstones. The noise was deafening in there and poor dog was terrified. Only lasted a few minutes and then a rainbow appeared over the sea. Magical! What weird weather we’re having!

Happy anniversary Ashcombe ?

I will pop to see my elderly SIL today. She is actually my brothers first wife but we have always kept in touch and I see more of her than I do my DB and his 2nd wife. I still call her my Sister in Law.

Try to find something nice to smile about today. It’s hard times ahead, ???

GrannyGravy13 Thu 29-Oct-20 08:26:45

EV please do not leave GN, I do think Covid has made some posters think they can be as nasty and hurtful as they like, just ignore them and stay here with us lot flowers

Greyduster Thu 29-Oct-20 08:53:26

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Grey and cold in South Yorkshire with rain to come I’m told. DH has a new weather app on his phone and he’s obsessed with it. Not knowing how long this Tier 3 lockdown is going on for is starting to get to me a bit. We are lucky in that we can at least see DD outside and talk to her, but we haven’t seen our DS and DiL in the flesh for some time and I would dearly love to. Although we all live in Yorkshire their bit of Yorkshire is in a different tier to ours! I hate Face Time. Not much to do today so I will bake I think. Happy Anniversary, Ashcombe, to you and Mr A.??? We spent a lot of time apart when DH was in the Army. We always made up for it though!?. Have the best day you can folks!

Oldbutstilluseful Thu 29-Oct-20 08:53:56

Good morning from a very dull N Hants. I had a very enjoyable but extremely rare morning shopping with my always busy daughter. I blaming her for encouraging me to buy a new pair of winter boots which made us both smile. At 73 I’ve found my inner punk!

EV I join with everyone else in asking you to carry on posting. Your daily updates on life are too good to stop.
Happy anniversary to the happy couple and a swift return to good health to all who are suffering. ??

Pittcity Thu 29-Oct-20 08:53:57

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester.

DH received a message from Test and Trace last night and now has 8 days of isolation. It seems some days have already passed without us knowing anything and carrying on as usual. No idea where or when he came into contact with Covid and I haven't received a message. Mystery???
He is going to abide by the rules and is cancelling everything and planning meals and TV.
I am going to show solidarity but will pop to the supermarket to stock up.
We both feel fine.

Happy anniversary Mr and Mrs. Ashcombe thanks

NannyJan53 Thu 29-Oct-20 08:57:36

Good Morning from a grey and rainy Black Country (as is much of the UK I think). Do you really want to come back Urmston? smile.

I am meeting a friend for lunch today. She is treating me for a belated birthday outing. We decided yesterday it had to be today, as our area will be in Tier 2 by the weekend. So no more meeting up with friends. It will be too cold for garden meet ups! sad

What a lovely photo Ashcombe, you make a very handsome couple.

Good that you are happy with your hairstyle Urmston I really need to pluck up courage to go to my hairdresser. Not been since before lockdown started in March.

EV please do not leave, as other have said, there are posters on here who are just not worth worrying about.

Have a good day all

Oldbutstilluseful Thu 29-Oct-20 08:58:07

Yet again photo doesn’t appear. I’ll try again even if the original does finally appear ... sigh...