Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(83 Posts)
12Michael Thu 29-Oct-20 06:09:07

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry outside , with no wind at the moment here in Brackley .
Today , my usual trips via Buckingham to Bicester and back, tempted to start to xmas presents slowly over next few weeks as that period this year seems unpredictable as to things .
Take Care,
Mick

Kalu Thu 29-Oct-20 11:12:52

Good morning all from a wet day in Glasgow which doesn’t bode well for any visit from DD1 and the girls after school today. According to the weather forecast it’s due to last for a few days.

Sorry to hear your DH is back in hospital Grammaretto. I hope all goes well and he is home soon. Take care of yourself. ?
Happy Anniversary to the Ashcombes. Vive la différence. ?

Back to lockdown again Grandmafrench and I suspect this will be the case for many more. It’s pretty tough to keep plodding on with no sense of direction but plod on we must to stay safe, with the hope that those who selfishly dismiss any guidelines, get the message this time round. ?. Bon courage.

Non Carborundum Ellan.

A day of footering and faffing ahead and a FaceTime chat with GD2 after school. Her cat required a visit to the vet yesterday. It appears he was in a fight and a nasty bite was the cause of the swelling on his face. GD was so upset yesterday going to school. The school secretary is a friend of DD and after a quick text from DD, she passed on the message to GD that her cat was OK and had some medicine. It’s such a difficult time for children, she is allowed to cuddle Granny but her big sister isn’t due to different age groups. A catch up with Granny later to check her beloved Scout is OK now. ?

Have a good day all, especially if you are having stricter guidelines and those having troubling times.

We need you back gilly?

Stilllearning Thu 29-Oct-20 11:14:16

A late good morning from S Lanarkshire, wet just now and going to be so all day I think. I slept really late this morning after a very disturbed night, it’ll throw off the whole day unless I’m careful so I’ll just say happy anniversary to the Ashcombes (lovely picture), and hope that your husband is home soon Grammaretto and that you yourself are at least getting the chance to have a rest. SiL arriving soon to take down curtain rails in preparation for painter, so best crack on. Good wishes to everyone.

Annapops Thu 29-Oct-20 11:16:21

Good morning from a wet County Durham.

More happy anniversary wishes to Ashcombe. Hope you can organise a distanced celebration.

Another one here encouraging EV to stay and ignore a poster who is obviously a very sad, lonely and disturbed soul. Maybe we should pity that person who finds the need to behave in such a way. You take strength. We're all with you.

I finally got round to that Ch..... wrapping yesterday. Absolutely unheard of until now! Never before have I found myself surrounded by paper, tape and labels in October. May do some more today, then again may not. What a strange life we're all living at the moment.

Have the best day you can everyone.

Oldbutstilluseful Thu 29-Oct-20 11:17:41

Thank you Farview ?.
EV I don’t have the privilege of ‘knowing’ you, but do know you are a kind and interesting poster. Enjoy your macaroni cheese!

dragonfly46 Thu 29-Oct-20 11:20:59

Good to see you are still here Ellan I would really miss your support if you went away.
I think the policy going forward should be to ignore.

Annapops Thu 29-Oct-20 12:06:57

Excellent advice dragonfly.

GrandmasueUK Thu 29-Oct-20 12:14:47

Good morning Mick and all who follow from a rainy Greater Manchester. I spent the night downstairs after tossing and turning for a couple of hours. My hips were so painful I thought it best to get up. I seem to be on a waiting list to get on the waiting list at the hospital about my arthritis. Awaiting stronger painkillers due today. I did manage to get a couple of hours sleep when everyone else was up and about. My shower seems to have woken me up now.
Just read a few messages on here Happy Anniversary Ashcombe and hope Grammaretto's DH is soon back home.
Awaiting several parcels today so will have to gst a wiggle on, although the porch door is open and parcels are left there.
Online shopping for birthday and Christmas presents after brunch. I don't miss physical shopping in this weather at all.
Hope everyone with ills or worries has as peaceful a time as possible.
Stay safe flowers