Gransnet forums

Chat

Another beheading in France!

(57 Posts)
Jane10 Thu 29-Oct-20 10:13:49

Just read this. Hellish situation a poor woman beheaded by a knife wielding Islamic terrorist. Others killed or injured too.
Macron is not wrong to talk about the problem they're having. I'd like to see Boris sending good wishes to the people of France. Time to stand together.

pinkquartz Sat 31-Oct-20 16:45:25

More respect for human life and less for religion.

I admire France for defending it's beliefs. If they are going to be intimidated to not express the need for individual expression then where are we all headed?
The muslim religion is basically the antithesis of free expression especially for women.
Should we want to follow in those footsteps?
I am sickened by any defense of beheadings carried out.

Urmstongran Sat 31-Oct-20 16:52:31

I wish the imams would speak up and condemn these actions. They are mostly very quiet on the subject aren’t they?

We in the west are very tolerant. Yes, of course you can have a mosque next to our corner shops. Yes, wear your burkhas. Why not have a hook wearing hate preacher spouting out?

Our chickens have come home to roost. We have been too soft.

biba70 Sun 01-Nov-20 20:58:56

No-one, but no-one, has defended those heinous crimes. No-one.

And yes, I agree Urmstongran. I would not allow the wearing of any head covering which make contact and communication almost impossible.

maddyone Mon 02-Nov-20 10:04:26

I saw pictures on the internet of people, mainly men, but some women, in Iran, Pakistan, India, and another country (can’t remember where now) demonstrating in huge crowds and burning big pictures of Macron and burning the French flag. I daren’t put what I really think about this on a public forum.

Ellianne Mon 02-Nov-20 10:09:32

Very unsettling pictures maddyone. France has a huge military might, more than many even know about, so these other nations are playing with fire.

Jane10 Mon 02-Nov-20 10:13:35

I feel the same as you maddyone. It makes me want to rush out and buy lots of French products to try to support France.