Gransnet forums

Chat

What's your favourite perfume?

(119 Posts)
FlyingHxndbag Sat 31-Oct-20 20:21:18

Hi all,
It was my birthday today and I got the Ariana Grande Thank U Next perfume as my cousins had it, and it's absolutely divine. It's my new favourite.
I also love Gucci Bloom, Alien and Black Opium although I've never had them.
What about you? X

FannyCornforth Sun 01-Nov-20 09:30:31

L'eau de Givenchy
And they don't make it anymore sad

harrigran Sun 01-Nov-20 09:45:47

Jo Malone Pomegranate noir mostly in the winter.
Bronze Goddess for summer.
For intense and lasting perfume I buy Serge Lutens.

Witzend Sun 01-Nov-20 10:07:55

I still love Cabotine (light and fresh) and Amarige (warmer) though the all time favourite is Je Reviens - must have a search online since I dare say it’s still available.

I loathe anything heavy, over sweet or musky. I’ve been known to use dh’s aftershave - he never uses the stuff he gets as presents (never from me) - don’t know what the current one is, in a blue bottle, but it’s very light and fresh.

travelnan Sun 01-Nov-20 11:58:10

Joy by Jean Patou

Jane10 Sun 01-Nov-20 12:12:45

CK1 for everyday but Hermes 'Orange Vert' for best.

Vickysponge Sun 01-Nov-20 12:22:45

The lowest priced Cinnabar is still expensive, so if it's a lot cheaper than your favourites, you must be one expensive lady. Kudos to you.

Spangler what’s expensive to one person may be inexpensive to another according to their personal wealth. £52 is about average for a perfume I would say. I certainly wouldn’t call it expensive though it is a considered amount and a lot to pay out for some people.

Marydoll Sun 01-Nov-20 12:22:49

Does anyoneone remember Helena Rubenstein, Heaven Scent/Sent?

I found a bottle years after I stopped using it and it just wasn't the same. sad

FlyingHxndbag Sun 01-Nov-20 12:36:12

Puzzler61, thanks. I do that too after I've sprayed it all over my wrists and neck a million times. X

FlyingHxndbag Sun 01-Nov-20 12:36:38

Yiayia4, thanks. X

baubles Sun 01-Nov-20 12:44:10

Jo Malone Red Roses. I’ve worn it for several years now and I’m often asked what it is, it seems to suit me. One of the little DGDs declared ‘Grandma, you smell delicious!’ smile

Vickysponge Sun 01-Nov-20 13:11:10

baubles

Jo Malone Red Roses. I’ve worn it for several years now and I’m often asked what it is, it seems to suit me. One of the little DGDs declared ‘Grandma, you smell delicious!’ smile

Oh I love her scents. Not had the roses one. I like her blackberry and bay. I’ve also had her lavender and Amber. Delicious.

Maltagozo Sun 01-Nov-20 13:15:30

Bet your a bundle of laughs. ?

Bellasnana Sun 01-Nov-20 13:37:31

In my youth I loved Alliage by Estée Lauder but nowadays I stick to Chanel No.19 or Chanel Allure.

I don’t care for strong perfumes as they give me a headache and/or hay fever symptoms. My mum used to wear Opium which was eye-wateringly strong. Anais Anais was another popular one that really made me feel ill.?

Megs36 Sun 01-Nov-20 13:42:51

I had a very good friend, sadly no longer here who always used In Love by Norman Hartnell, you always knew if she had been in a room. I would love to be able to buy it now but not been around for years.

catladyuk Sun 01-Nov-20 14:02:32

Ashaya by Kenzo

Jasmin noir by Bulgari

and old favourites, Diorissimo, Diorama and Chanel Cristalle.

Does anyone remember Helena Rubinsteins' Apple Blossom? That was my favourite for years along with Coty L'Aimant, when I was younger (almost too long ago to remember!) but after I had my daughter, the scent completely changed on my skin.

varian Sun 01-Nov-20 14:07:29

Diorissimmo, scent of lilly of the valley, has been my favourite for many years. My OH always bought it for me in Duty Free but is getting harder to find.

biba70 Sun 01-Nov-20 14:07:46

I truly dislike most ver strong and pungent modern perfumes. As a young woman, I loved 'Je Reviens'.

Now I love simple fruit and herby scents. Oranges Amères by Hermès, or some artisan Verbena, or Bergamot Eau de Parfums.

FlyingHxndbag Sun 01-Nov-20 14:15:08

The perfume I have been waiting on has arrived. It's lovely. X

FlyingHxndbag Sun 01-Nov-20 14:15:58

(Not SJP Lovely, I meant it smells lovely). X

Daddima Sun 01-Nov-20 14:18:52

sharon103

Happy Birthday. flowers cupcake

My favourite is the Body Shop White Musk.

Alwaoys reminds me of my mother.
And Puzzler61 have you tried ‘ Suddenly’, the Lidl ‘ smellalike’?

My favourite is Agent Provocateur, bought online from Fragrance Direct at around half the shop price.

My wee auntie liked ‘ Coty Malone’.

jroberts1 Sun 01-Nov-20 14:24:41

My favourite was Body Shop Cotton White. The bottle was wrapped in white cotton.They stopped making it years ago .I always test their new fragrances in case they bring it out under a new name but I haven't found it yet

FlyingHxndbag Sun 01-Nov-20 14:28:18

Daddima, I have that perfume, it's very nice, my colleagues bought me it as a token birthday present, as they know I like perfume. X

dragonfly46 Sun 01-Nov-20 14:28:42

Thierry Mughler Angel

FlyingHxndbag Sun 01-Nov-20 14:29:16

The Suddenly one I meant. X

FlyingHxndbag Sun 01-Nov-20 14:31:55

dragonfly46, I love that, have you tried the one called "Blossom" from the Superdrug Layering Lab range? It's £3 and smells exactly the same, my auntie has it and everyone asks her if she's wearing Alien. The first time I smelled it on her, my exact words were "When did you get Alien? Lucky you." X