Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(62 Posts)
Bellasnana Sun 01-Nov-20 07:33:51

Good morning and ‘white rabbits!’ from Malta. We are enjoying lovely weather at the moment, long may it last.

No plans today other than a few jobs around the house.

Hope you all have the best day you can.☀️

MawB2 Sun 01-Nov-20 07:30:16

Good morning all from grey (again) N Bucks.
Halloween came and went without any disturbance last night but guess what? The fireworks started! ?? poor Hattie - she really suffers, pacing around non-stop, panting, hyperventilating - but that’s a whole other topic on another thread!
I am looking forward to a visit from D and Flynn for a couple of nights - while they still can- as he has completed his 2 week self isolation, poor little boy. It’s hard to explain to a 4 year old why he can’t even go to the playground or for a walk on the Marshes.
Fingers crossed it stays fair here.
The prospect of this November is a bit bleak but that’s how it is and I hope you will all find it bearable and, for all our sakes, worthwhile.
Wishing you a peaceful day.

Beauregard Sun 01-Nov-20 07:28:32

Good morning all from Derbyshire. Less rain today (until this evening) but I fear the strong winds might delay my gardening plans again.

Not much planned today. A walk up to check the horses this afternoon. One of them is on box rest at the moment and I worry about them all with the fireworks at this time of year, very stressful for them. Also some picking at the veg garden. Roast beef for dinner later.

Hope everyone is feeling well today. Thoughts for those with worries or illness to contend with flowers

dragonfly46 Sun 01-Nov-20 07:21:50

Good morning from wet and windy Leicestershire.

Had a lovely walk in sunshine yesterday afternoon. We are going to try the same today.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Dwmxwg Sun 01-Nov-20 07:16:28

How lovely your kitchen is finished MissChateline, makes all the upheaval worthwhile

Dwmxwg Sun 01-Nov-20 07:10:03

Good morning all from a dry but windy north Surrey
We and dog got soaked on yesterday’s walk, bucketed down for the last 10 minutes and Freddie decided to roll in large muddy puddle. He is now a very clean golden retriever, he doesn’t enjoy the shampoo and blow dry but he tolerates it! Thank goodness I invested in a tumble dryer last year - for the towels not dog?
The DGC all looked adorable in their Halloween outfits, 2 year old couldn’t understand why she couldn’t come in to granny and grandads house but we managed to smooth over with no tears.
Today will be a fairly quiet morning. Am making a list of November challenges to keep me sane and positive over lockdown (love my lists). Then off to work for a late shift.
Happy Sunday all

NfkDumpling Sun 01-Nov-20 07:04:55

Morning All

A grey, damp and very squally day here in the north of Norfolk.

Looking at the forecast to see whether to sort out our little boat today, we'd hoped to wait for a nice day and DH may decide Wednesday is cutting it a bit fine! She's due to be lifted out in a couple of weeks and we won't be able to get onto her.

Enjoy your kitchen MissChateline!

baubles Sun 01-Nov-20 06:59:06

Good morning Mick, that sounds like a good day. Morning all from a dark, wet and windy South Lanarkshire.

I’m sorry to hear that England is going back into lockdown, it will be so much more difficult in gloomy November. I suspect Scotland or at least my area won’t be far behind.

I think I’ll do a spot of ironing this morning while catching up with the Archers Omnibus then who knows? Probably not much more than a bit of online Christmas shopping before cooking the chicken for dinner.

Have the best day you can and take care of yourselves.

MissChateline Sun 01-Nov-20 06:50:59

Good morning from a damp West Yorkshire. Happy to announce that my kitchen is finally finished. 2 months of work, mess and chaos not to mention not being able to make a decent meal. If I never see a pitta bread filled with a tin of sardines ever again it won’t be too soon!
Hopefully I will get my morning walk through the woods and meet a friend later this afternoon.

Ashcombe Sun 01-Nov-20 06:28:56

Good morning, everyone!

Another wet, windy one here in Torbay.

Well, our socially distanced, Covid secure performance went really well with some talented actors and an appreciative audience. As there was no admission charge, we had a bucket collection which raised over £300 to be divided between the theatre and a local homeless charity.

It will be a few more weeks (months?) before anything else can be staged. I’m sure all of us on Gransnet will help to keep spirits up during this grim November of lockdown.

Take care and stay well.

grandMattie Sun 01-Nov-20 06:22:58

Good morning from dark windy E Kent.
Must have been fun to see so many ghouls and witches, Mick. Shame about flea market.
Not looking forward to the new restrictions. Will life ever approach normal again?
DH enjoyed Wall to wall rugby yesterday with the desired result of England winning the cup, albeit 6 months late.
Enjoyed my rather elementary patchwork course yesterday. One every fortnight. Might carry on with them, for tips and hints.
Nothing today. Virtual church, perhaps DD will be preaching. Roast chicken for dinner.
Hope you have a good day. Stay safe.

12Michael Sun 01-Nov-20 06:16:08

Good Morning Everyone,
its dark ,wet, and windy this morning here in Brackley .
Yesterdays trip went to plan , had a coffee in Bicester ,and the cafe and bakery staff were dressed as witches , did my shop after getting another gift card , caught bus back to Buckingham no flea market weather wise , had a large breakfast , visited a shop next door and got something, then bused home .
Watched the Vuelta ,and then got a Chinese , weighed myself this morning weight wise back to normal .
Take care,
Mick