Gransnet forums

Chat

The Argy Bargy Bar...the lease has been secured!

(1001 Posts)
lemongrove Sun 01-Nov-20 16:52:25

Well, fellow Argy Bargers, after some hard bargaining with
Moneybags Mike our landlord, I have managed to secure another short term lease.The scoundrel wanted ten pounds a month, but I showed him my maroon bloomers and he reduced it to seven pounds.Result!?

GrannyGravy13 Wed 04-Nov-20 12:53:51

The poteen has finally damaged your eyesight lemongrove the tables are beside the chairs ????

LauraNorder Wed 04-Nov-20 14:29:35

GG13 one of those old fireworks behind the skip was me, the one with the multi coloured silk bloomers holding the empty gin bottle.
I was hoping to pin myself on the door frame and spin wildly so that my bloomers gave a wonderful colourful display like a giant Catherine Wheel.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 04-Nov-20 15:16:33

LauraNorder. I have some plastic ties left over from my Fifty Shades of Grey obsession, I’ll tie you on and happily spin you round!!

AGAA4 Wed 04-Nov-20 15:27:59

The bar is looking good with the new tables and chairs and Laura as a catherine wheel will be a big draw and make lots of money.

GG13also managed to snaffle some tankards from that posh restaurant so I am filling them with best poteen.

I will be wearing my best bloomers in a lovely shade of shocking pink. 2 bob for a peek.

lemongrove Wed 04-Nov-20 21:34:55

Oh dear....that’s Spangler’s weekly wages gone then AGA
?

lemongrove Wed 04-Nov-20 21:36:42

Made loads of Parkin for Friday, and tested a piece for my supper.?I think I need a lie down in a darkened room.

Doodle Wed 04-Nov-20 21:51:00

Look here you lot, just move out of the way will you. I’m a regular here and I need to get to my seat at the bar.
Lemon who are all these people. Remember when this was a nice quiet bar, just you, me and a couple of ferrets.
Notspaghetti , mancgirl welcome. Spangler I think I’ve come across you before, so to speak. Welcome all.
What’s all this talk of black peas? There are loads in the cellar....or they might be ferret droppings ?
mancgirl Achilles is mine.....
Lemon that tin of golden syrup actually contains creosote so don’t use it for the Parkin. .....oh you already have. ...never mind it will be fine ......as long as they don’t eat it near the fire.
GG well done getting us those new tables and chairs. Much better than the old ones.
laura you’ll make a wonderful firework. What a night it will be. ?

Spangler Wed 04-Nov-20 23:20:02

Doodle Wed 04-Nov-20 21:51:00
Spangler I think I’ve come across you before, so to speak.

If you are talking about the ladies knickers that went missing off the washing line, it wasn't me I tell you, I was set up.

Doodle Wed 04-Nov-20 23:36:02

Ah that’s where I remember you from. ?

mancgirl Wed 04-Nov-20 23:36:57

Doodle by the time Achilles and I have finished jobbing in the cellar and emerged into the bar from the darkness, you may find him a little fatigued. Black peas anyone?

lemongrove Thu 05-Nov-20 11:30:51

Oh that’s normal, Achilles is a lazy sort, he spends more time on his back in the cellar than any other position .....get him to do some actual work mancgirl?

That explains it Doodle....creosote eh? Hopefully the punters will be so blotto they won’t taste it.

Doodle Thu 05-Nov-20 11:34:34

Well at least they’ll be well preserved on the inside lemon.
mancgirl just make sure you dust him off before he goes back to the bar. ?

ixion Thu 05-Nov-20 11:37:39

Well, despite lots of warnings about louche behaviour, unsavoury conditions and exploitation in domestic duties, I feel brave enough to visit Firework Nite this evening, if I may?

I have found some interesting bottles at the back of the drinks cupboard which I can bring. They seem to be liqueurs of varying lurid hues, circa 1960s, clearly brought back for my late parents from exotic (NOT erotic, Spellcheck) holidays in Spain. Rather appealing is the little straw donkey with mini bottles in its panniers, perhaps they could be a welcome addition to the Bar's ambience? Or the liquid could be used as a loo cleaner if you have delicate palates? (Guess not....)

Will that nice spangler be there? He seems a true Gent of the old school. Such a rarity these days.

lemongrove Thu 05-Nov-20 11:38:05

The Admiral says he’ll be bringing the whole ships company on Friday ( I gave him permission to come aboard)? so it will be a full house.Steamy Stan will be bringing a big bag of out of date noodles, and the tattoo shop staff say they’ll be doing free tatts on the night for us staff! I’m having a tattoo of a whale ( on my arse.)

LauraNorder Thu 05-Nov-20 11:45:33

Just the one cheek then Lemon

lemongrove Thu 05-Nov-20 11:50:37

Haha, nope it’s going to be huge ( like the arse!) so needs the full width ( all 72 inches)?

LauraNorder Thu 05-Nov-20 13:08:19

72”? Like I said, just the one cheek.

Doodle Thu 05-Nov-20 13:50:20

Welcome ixion you and your bottles will be received graciously . But unless I’m mistaken (which happens often) our Firework night is tomorrow. We usually have a Friday night theme night in the Argy and this week it’s bonfire night.
Please come. Entertainment is guaranteed (although not always as expected). Please wear bottom protectors as we have 4 llamas who have a biting fetish.

Doodle Thu 05-Nov-20 13:51:39

laura grin Is it going to be a sperm whale lemon ?

ixion Thu 05-Nov-20 14:57:26

Duh - silly me. There's me thinking that it would be held on Bonfire Night?

Many thanks for the bottom-nipping hint, you will see I am naturally well padded. BUT don't you muzzle these beasts if they are so antisocial? Do you have a Performing/Dangerous Animals licence from the Council?

So the Fleet will be in? How exciting? I can do a good hearty rendition of 'Hey, ho and up she rises'.
Can we get hold of an itinerant accordion player for the evening? Payment in poteen, maybe?....

AGAA4 Thu 05-Nov-20 15:41:36

I am going to have to brew more poteen ixion if we use it as payment. Those llamas have drunk 2 vats of it and are now sleeping it off in the roof garden.

Thor and I will be busy as there will be a huge crowd in here tomorrow and if the poteen runs out Lemon will not pay us.

And just remember all the new staff that Thor is mine!
There will be lots of sailors to go round.

The Admiral is making a firework display on the roof so I will ask the hunky firemen to come too. They will be needed.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 05-Nov-20 15:44:18

AGAA4 just a reminder that I have first dibs on hunky firemen ?‍??‍??‍?

AGAA4 Thu 05-Nov-20 15:52:59

You deserve that GG13 after getting all those posh tables and chairs. Thanks for the tankards too. We usually use jam jars.

I will make sure you get the hunkiest fireman, Sidney Strong.
Look out for his massive muscly chest....think I'm going to swoon. Please cover my bloomers while I am on the floor.

LauraNorder Thu 05-Nov-20 16:18:47

Still looking for a tarpaulin to cover AGA’s bloomers as she’s having a sudden and highly unusual fit of coquettishness

LauraNorder Thu 05-Nov-20 16:20:25

GG13 careful with those hunky firemen the ones with the biggest hoses are not necessarily the ones with staying power.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion