Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(78 Posts)
12Michael Tue 03-Nov-20 06:16:01

Good Morning Everyone ,
Its dark, wet and windy here in Brackley this morning.
I am planning to my usual today as I want to finish getting my Xmas gift cards .
But we have had a confirmed case of covid -19 in the building , although the letter sent to everyone states carers and essential visitors should continue .
Will give more tomorrow on how the day goes but will have cycling on Tv as well as its final week of the Vuelta .
Take Care,
Mick

ginny Tue 03-Nov-20 07:56:05

Good Morning. Not looking very inspiring outside here in N. Bucks.
DH has a spot booked at the dump so might go with him for the ride and maybe pick up a few bits and pieces at the local shops.
Otherwise, I’ll make a few more masks from Christmas fabric and carry on with the blanket I am crocheting.
Hope everyone finds some ? today.

cornergran Tue 03-Nov-20 07:58:26

Morning Mick, morning All. A much brighter start to our corner of Somerset. Quiet day today, will finish our grocery order and do some tidying. May remove some dust or ignore that and go for a walk, see how the day goes. That’s not good news Mick, please take extra care. A very happy anniversary to Mr &Mrs Jaxjacky. Celebrations are even more important now I think. Stay safe everyone, as ever special thoughts for those with worries of any kind.

Taichinan Tue 03-Nov-20 08:00:04

Good morning everyone. I forgot to open the curtains when I was up, so don't know what the weather's doing on the Angus coast. I am going to assume it's a nice day until proved wrong! Sorry the awful Covid has reached your building Mick - stay safe. Ashcombe" what a great day you had yesterday! Your photos are lovely too. I like the sound of your rocking horse Scentia. What an exciting Christmas present for your DGS. I know what you mean about your tai chi classes *Grandmattie - it's more than just the tai chi. A number of my students have thanked me for making the classes possible again because it's lovely to have somewhere to go with a purpose - and there's the feel good factor the exercise engenders too. Mind you, I thank them too for coming, otherwise there'd be no need for the classes and I benefit too! Long may we stay in Tier 2 here.

It was one of those rare days yesterday when everything I did just clicked into place, with no hiccups. The sun shone, and there was no wind - and the world seemed full of smiling people! I also found out that I can travel through Dundee, Tier 3, to go over the Bridge to Newport - no stopping allowed and no sneaky little shop at M&S! - so I don't need to cancel my next hair appointment and I can say a quick hello to family there.

I hope everything has calmed down a bit on GN and that you have now recovered Marydoll. And I hope everyone down south is ready to batten down their hatches. DS2 in Lincolnshire says it won't really make much difference to them apart from not being able to meet friends outside work - both he and DiL have been working from home since last April. Long may we all stay safe. Have the best day you can everyone. ???

Marydoll Tue 03-Nov-20 08:01:58

Good morning all from Glasgow. Its chucking it down.
I seem to have lost much of yesterday, not a good day at all healthwise. All my plans went to pot.
I hope to get out for a bit of fresh air today, but as I have to avoid people, that may pose a problem. We had intended to walk for a loaf, but my hip is painful, so the breadmaker is on instead.

Happy anniversary, Jaxyjaxy ???. Bella, your picture brought back so many happy memories of Malta. As for the rocking horse Scentia, we have a family one in the loft, which DD has already claimed as part of her inheritance among other things !!!

A surprise parcel, addressed to DH and I arrived yesterday. Knowing how low I was after my consultation, my lovely son in law had sent us a Glasgow themed board game to keep DH and I occupied during my incarceration! He is such kind son in law, who treats me just like his own mum.

My friend and neighbour, the ebay queen, phoned me to tell me she had finally received a thank you card from my daughter for her wedding gift. The tardiness, to be honest, was partly my fault, as I was required to supply a wedding photo
for the printing of the cards.
However, my daughter had also included a note thanking my friend for looking after me during shielding. It brought a tear to my eye, as I knew nothing about it. I was so proud of her, as she can be quite shy and sensitive and gets embarrassed so easily.

I’m sending gentle hugs to Grammaretto and her husband and hoping Dragonfly, gets through this morning with as little discomfort as possible.
All the support yesterday meant so much to me yesterday, as I was quite fragile. You are a wonderful group of people.

Today's plan in to troubleshoot my newer tablet. I keep reverting back to using my preferred old one, but it has eventually died. ? and my new Samsung one thinks it's my phone!!! As you know, I do like a challenge.?

Please stay safe and take care everyone.

MawB2 Tue 03-Nov-20 08:03:44

Morning! Watching Bitz n Bobs in bed with a small you know who! Back later smile

travelsafar Tue 03-Nov-20 08:09:46

Oh what a dark and dreary day it is. But on a brighter note, i am off to the hairdressers to get my fringe trimmed. I rang yesterday as my appointment was for Thursday and she rang me back later and gave me a time for this morning. She will get a big tip!!! My plan then is to hunker down at home and do nothing. I have been awake since 3.45am this morning and i propose to just snuggle on the sofa with the tv or my audio book and knitting. No doubt i will have a 'nana nap'....zzzzzzzz smile

Gingster Tue 03-Nov-20 08:09:52

Good morning all and I woke to a very pretty sky here on the Suffolk coast. Pink and lilac clouds with the sun peeking through. The grey clouds are hurrying in now and rain is on its way. ?. What a beautiful pic from Bellasnanna.

Did a biggish shop yesterday before the shelves are empty. We got everything we need so we shan’t be going again any time soon.

We had our local handyman come to measure up for fencing part of the garden. We had it rabbitproofed about 10 years ago but the rascals still tunnel through. ??. It’s a long stretch so will be pricey. Isn’t everything, these days? ?

DH has to pick up his first day cover stamps today. He’s been collecting since he was a boy. I think they’re the Christmas ones this month.

Sorry to hear your back is bad again, Sar. Take it easy today and rest up. ?.

Grannygravy well done with your gift buying. I have no idea what to buy everyone this year. The teenage GC’s prefer to have money and the little ones seem to have everything. The parents don’t seem to wait for birthdays or Christmas and buy for them during the year. I always do a stocking for each GC (8 of them ranging from 5 yrs to 18yrs. ) . It seems to be the highlight of the day and they would hate me to stop. Just little bits and bobs which probably get thrown out after a day or so. Ten gifts In each stocking, all wrapped. Takes me ages! ???.

Thoughts with you dragongly for your treatment today. ?.

Happy annuversary Jax ?

Wishing you all a pleasant day ???

Beechnut Tue 03-Nov-20 08:19:00

Wishing you both a Happy Anniversary Jaxjacky ??

Taichinan Tue 03-Nov-20 08:19:40

Happy Anniversary Jaxjacky. ?Bella your photo gave me a stab of nostalgia. We only lived in Malta for four years in the early 70s, but for a little island it packed a big punch.
Glad you enjoyed your walk. Such a relief for you that all is well with your SiL NannyJan - the NHS at its best.

Pittcity Tue 03-Nov-20 08:25:00

Good morning from Colchester where it is brightening after a deluge.
Another day indoors (maybe we ought to have an acronym for doing nothing in lockdown) as DH's isolation ends on the day Lockdown starts.
The charity shop I usually volunteer in on Tuesdays asked me not to come in when I told them that DH had been contacted by track and trace and now I won't be back until December at the earliest.

Pittcity Tue 03-Nov-20 08:26:22

Meant to add, Happy Anniversary Mr and Mrs Jaxjacky?

Susan56 Tue 03-Nov-20 08:28:42

Good morning from Staffordshire.We were up at 4.45 to make the two hour journey to look after our little grandson for the day.We normally drink decaf coffee but on the full strength stuff today!

Not sure what we will do.We normally walk to the park but not sure that will happen today as we have bought him new Spider-Man pj’s which he put on straight away and doesn’t want to take off!

Happy anniversary to you both Jaxjacky??

Love the photos from Ashcombe and Bellasnanna.

Hope your treatment goes well today dragonfly.

Thinking of Cherry?and Mary hope you have a better day today?

Have a good day all and stay safe.

Urmstongran Tue 03-Nov-20 08:35:22

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s misty. Tried to look on line at the weather forecast but the WiFi signal isn’t great. Hey ho.

I could get off to sleep last night, tossing and turning. Our Covid warrior told me last night she had a tight chest (but was able to take deep breaths). Then I was thinking about the US elections today (? Why) and upset thinking about that little 3y old girl in Turkey who was rescued after being trapped for 62 hours following the earthquake. Poor little sausage. She’s the same age as our granddaughter so I think it resonated.

Tuesday = that means it’s my LWW at 2pm. Yay! ?? I shall wear trousers today I think and a cardigan ... that’s a first since May. That said the mist is clearing a bit now and the sun is just peeping through.

Hope Tuesday is good to us all. Dragonfly ? Happy anniversary Jaxjacky! ?? Lucky you Maw ?

Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

harrigran Tue 03-Nov-20 08:46:42

Good morning from a dry, bright NE.
Need to make a shopping list and do an order for Sainsbury's.
Spent hours yesterday creating C cards online, very frustrating when told the photos I wanted to upload did not have a high enough definition.
Take care everyone.

Dwmxwg Tue 03-Nov-20 08:53:36

Good morning from north Surrey. We have already had one downpour this morning but dry again now. Weather was a bit like that yesterday but I did get my pram walk in the dry and I got a cuddle with DGD2 as mum was loading up the car, lucky granny
The government guidelines seem to be drip fed for this lockdown. Popped to local DIY store for some paint test pots, chap on the till didn’t know if they will close on Thursday. Have not had txt from optician about my eye test due Thursday and tried to look on gov website but can’t find information there either.
Today I am cleaning floors and ironing before a late shift.
Happy anniversary JaxJacky and mr Jaxjacky
Have a good day all GNs

Anniebach Tue 03-Nov-20 08:56:26

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Gelisajams Tue 03-Nov-20 09:02:31

Good morning from Morecambe Bay, where a menacing black cloud obliterates our view of Grange over Sands. DH is out running so I hope he’s back before he gets soaked. He will set off if its dry and isn’t bothered if it rains while he’s running but he won’t set off in the wet!
Wishing Jax a Happy Anniversary.Enjoy your fish and chips.
I’m envious of your boat trip Ashcombe. As a child we had our annual holiday every year in Paignton always staying in the same B & B. I still love your part of the world and will hopefully visit again next year. Hopefully the cruise ships will have gone which will mean C19 is behind us!
DS1 and his partner are still on their feet with the C19 and as yet the children are ok.
The rain has arrived! It’s bouncing down! Poor DH , he’ll be drenched.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Georgesgran Tue 03-Nov-20 09:16:35

Good morning from Durham after yet another night of heavy rain. Seems quite bright and calm now. DH is 70 today - not bad, considering he was given 3 months to live on Christmas Eve 2015. Going to a local Italian restaurant for lunch, but nothing else planned. We aren’t ‘birthday’ people - another year, a different number?
Collecting dog food for DD2 and a visit to Virgin and Halifax Bank later.

Hope everyone has the best day today. X

CherryCezzy Tue 03-Nov-20 09:29:11

Good morning everyone from sunny Gower.

To say I've had a couple of difficult weeks would be a bit understated, floored would be a better description. I think I've edged up to 50% battery power now though which must mean my glass is half full ?

Crickey, everyone's gearing up for C.......s and I haven't even had a chance to work out what I'm going to get the four birthday boys who were inconveniently born the wrong side of the year! ?. I've always got to think forward to the three birthdays that arrive immediately after! When the firebreak ends here in Wales I'll be running around like a blue a***d fly ?.

A few errands to run today, needs must and all that, but not much anything planned after that.

I hope the virus doesn't spread through the building where you live Mick ?

Happy Anniversary Jaxjacky ? ?

Hope your radiotherapy session goes well dragonfly.

I hope the pain eases off for you Marydoll, I know you had quite an upset on a thread a couple of days ago, "don't let the simple b* get you down" is what my WP always says.

? Grammaretto.

Thank you so much for your kind wishes Susan, it's been a hard time for me x

I hope everyone can manage to find at least one ? today. Sty safe and be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

Marydoll Tue 03-Nov-20 09:35:15

Cherry so pleased to see you posting. I missed you!

grandMattie Tue 03-Nov-20 09:35:54

Dwmxdwg, I was in a similar situation with an appointment next week, but the paper said dentists and opticians are still working as normal...

Auntieflo Tue 03-Nov-20 09:35:58

Good morning Mick, Annie, and all.
Volunteering afternoon for me today. It will be sad to shut down again for a few weeks, and I feel so sorry for our manageress, who works so hard and has been planning our Christmas event, that should have been held in a couple of weeks.

I am going to try and mix a couple of paint colours this morning, to cover the over enthusiastic paint job underneath the new radiators. Don't ask!

The 'Elsa' hat and hair that I was crocheting for GGS, is now finished, and I may try to make him a moustache and beard.
He does so love dressing up, and we get little videos to watch.

Wishing Mr and Mrs JaxJacky, a very happy anniversary.
Marydoll, sorry to hear that you are not too good at the moment. Please take care of yourself, we need your sagas now and again to cheer us up.

Best wishes to all who are down in the dumps or feeling unwell. Especially our Gilly. She is still on my mind.

Have a good day one and all.

Greyduster Tue 03-Nov-20 09:36:49

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is out in South Yorkshire. GS is allowed to go back to school today after his period of isolation. I expect he was straining at the leash this morning. I only hope it doesn’t happen again. We have to go out today as DH has to get his new glasses fitted properly - for some unfathomable reason, they refused to do it when he picked them up (should have gone somewhere other than you know where) and I need some bits and pieces from the haberdashery stall in the indoor market. Meat and potato pie for supper. Happy Anniversary Jaxjacky - enjoy your day!???. Have the best day you can folks!

Auntieflo Tue 03-Nov-20 09:37:13

Cherry, nice to see you back

Greyduster Tue 03-Nov-20 09:38:24

Good to see you back Cherry!??