Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(80 Posts)
cornergran Sat 07-Nov-20 06:53:46

Morning Mick, morning All. It looks dry in our corner of Somerset, cloudy this morning. A catch up day for me. Admin this morning and I’ll finally get to weighing out the Christmas cake ingredients this afternoon. I’m hoping Mr C will remove what seems to be half a beach from the car. Not his favourite task though. Take care everyone, stay safe. Hope Saturday is kind to all.

Bellasnana Sat 07-Nov-20 06:49:52

Good morning Mick and everyone. The weather for the Maltese Islands is partly cloudy and it looks like next week might bring some much needed rain.

Mick, I haven’t been able to find any poppies for sale either.

Had a lovely day yesterday, did a lot of walking then watched some tennis from Paris. Decided I was going to be cheerful and it worked!

Not planning to venture out today so shall do a bit of laundry and housework, then settle down to watch the tennis at 2pm.

Hoping you all have the best day you can. I know it can be a struggle. ☀️

grandMattie Sat 07-Nov-20 06:29:05

Good morning. Another bright dry day in E Kent.
Yesterday, I followed my usual curiosity in finding out the etymology of words. Shampoo was the target. To my astonishment it comes from a Hindi/Sanskrit word meaning massage, flatten. More interesting was that “chapati” has the same root! Fancy that,
I had a sudden urge to make a lemon drizzle cake to DH’s delight. I haven’t been baking much as there didn’t seem to be a point.
I wanted sauerkraut for dinner last night but our jar had a bbe of 2017. DH refused point blank to consider eating it. I would have gone ahead. After all, it was sealed and it IS a preserved food. So no sauerkraut for us.
I hope that those in distress or pain have a gentle day. Stay safe.

Beechnut Sat 07-Nov-20 06:21:09

Good Morning everyone. Dry and very dark outside on Severnside.

I wrapped up my potted olive tree yesterday. It’s too heavy for me to move to the greenhouse.
Today I’m going to swop over to a higher tog quilt and put up winter curtains in the dining room. Should be a reasonable day so hope to get out in the fresh air and do something in the garden.

Have a good day all and stay safe ?

12Michael Sat 07-Nov-20 06:13:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry and looks cold outside .
A day where I will try locally and get a few booklets of Xmas stamps.
Yesterday , having been unable to obtain a poppy , I did hear a news item as to the Royal British Legion website , where you can purchase a poppy for a donation that way , as there seem to be very few places where you have trays .
Under normal circumstances , I have gone to Bicester and the local RBL branch have had a stall in the main pedestrianised area, and stall in Sainsburys .
Quiet day , fry up for a change breakfast wise , Cycling on from late morning .
Take Care,
Mick