Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(73 Posts)
12Michael Mon 09-Nov-20 06:10:06

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry here in Brackley this morning .
Usual day of some housework etc, did my small shop in close by Waitrose ,and noticed some form of panic buying as to loo rolls .
Mind you the amount of click and collect plus online deliveries are busy .
As to the shopping trolleys ,noticed each shelter has sanitising where customers can clean down trolleys after use in the store .
Take care ,
Mick

Pantglas2 Mon 09-Nov-20 06:25:53

Morning Mick and all who follow (it’s been a while since I was up at sparrowfart to say those words?) but I’m trotting out after our Firebreak in Wales to get some shopping in our lovely new Lidl and will pop in to DDs office to say hello beforehand.

Haven’t paid much attention to the Vuelta this year Mick as it’s covered northern Spain rather than my neck of the woods in Andalusia but I’m sure the scenery has been spectacular.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe ?

grandMattie Mon 09-Nov-20 06:36:44

Good morning from dark grey E Kent.
Just cleaning today, oh joy!
Have a good day everyone. Stay safe.

Urmstongran Mon 09-Nov-20 06:41:29

Sunrise here! ?
Good morning Mick & Pantglas and everyone to follow from Malaga.

The curfew here in the Malaga province of Andalusia has been extended back to 7pm. All non essential businesses (bars and restaurants for example) now have to close at 6pm to allow everyone to be ‘locked in’ by 7pm.

It must be incredibly hard for any business these days in these strange (and slightly worrying) times.

We plan a stroll into Arroyo for cafe sombras later this morning.

Hope Monday is good to us all. Shout out to you gillybob just hoping your situation is now more bearable. Hope to hear from EV today - I worried in the wee small hours that she might have had another episode of her cardiac arrhythmia. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Ashcombe Mon 09-Nov-20 06:42:42

Good morning, one and all from a rather damp Torbay,

I hope you enjoy the new Lidl, Pantglas. Did you see the programme about the company last night on C5? We have two in Torquay now, one of which is less than a mile from my home!

Yesterday should have been a relaxing lunch with my friend, with whom I’m in a bubble, but on the way another driver ran into the back of my car at traffic lights! Luckily, my handbrake was on, thanks to advice from my late dear father about the advisability of that when stationary. I’m fine, although very shaken at the time and I continued to my friend's for the meal. Priority!

Full marks to my insurance company (Liverpool Victoria) for their efficient reaction. As the boot wouldn’t close, my car was recovered to be stored securely overnight before being collected by the repair garage, which will also supply a hire car, to be delivered to me at home today.

Take care, everyone and have as good a week as possible within the lockdown limits.

Beechnut Mon 09-Nov-20 06:59:03

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. It’s dark and damp here.
I’m sorry to here about your car bump Ashcombe and hope you feel less shaken today.

I have to pop out for a few things today and then it will probably be a day of pottering. My brother will be by this evening but a it’ll be a quick ‘you ok’ on the doorstep for us.

Stay safe all ?

Greyduster Mon 09-Nov-20 07:01:37

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Misty again in South Yorkshire. We have an early call today as our car is going in for it’s first service and they want it by nine o’clock. They will have it most of the morning (all, in fact), and we will be wandering about like lost souls with none of the usual comfortable breakfast venues or coffee stops due to lockdown. Their covid rules are so stringent we aren’t even allowed to get out of the car until they come and take the keys off us! Good job it only happens once a year! Whatever you are doing, have a good safe day!

kittylester Mon 09-Nov-20 07:02:49

Good morning all from a still dark North Leicestershire.

Glad you got your priorities right and didn't let a minor inconvenience prevent your lunch date, Ashcombe.grin I hope you are ok today.

A pootling and faffing day today here.

Have the best day you can, everyone.

And, as always, love to gilly.

Sark Mon 09-Nov-20 07:08:13

Good Morning everyone
Dark and damp here in Oxfordshire
Ashcombe glad to hear you are ok and your car is getting sorted so quickly.
Had a nice walk along the canal on Saturday (helped by stopping for takeaway cake and coffee which defeats the object a bit but we have to support small local businesses!) and round a lake yesterday. There is something lovely about walking near water.
Work now.
Have a good day smile

Jaxjacky Mon 09-Nov-20 07:09:24

Good morning all from a dark, damp S Hants. What a shock Ashcombe hope you’re recovered today. Kitchen strip out day, camping in the l room, DH off to work, so well out of it! I too miss EV hope all is ok.
Have a calm day everyone.

Dwmxwg Mon 09-Nov-20 07:18:04

Good morning from a dry north Surrey. There has definitely been some rain in the night.
Had lovely day yesterday looking after the DGSs, roast dinner when DD finished work rounded off by a Zoom chat with other family members, so good to see them all.
Today I will be doing some Pilates and ironing prior to working a late shift.
After seeing the lovely photos that some GNs have posted I will attempt to put one up from our walk in Windsor Great Park on Saturday
Have a good day all

NanKate Mon 09-Nov-20 07:18:34

Morning Mick and All.

A grey mild day in South Bucks.

Making a Spag Bol for the DGSs, their favourite, for less stringent Lockdown times. Otherwise nothing more exciting on the cards. Oh for those carefree days of freedom. No doubt our parents/grandparents thought the same during WW2.

Grandmabatty Mon 09-Nov-20 07:21:56

Good morning All from a very foggy Polmont. That must have been a shock Ashcombe. At least no one was hurt. I, too, hope EllanVannin is alright. I'm fairly new but I really enjoy her posts. Babysitting all week as his other gran and grandad have to quarantine. I'll be exhausted by Thursday evening! Today we might go puddle splashing. Apart from that, I've nothing else planned. Have a good day all.

Nortsat Mon 09-Nov-20 07:23:52

Good morning Mick and the GM team from a grey east London.
Ashcombe sorry to hear about the incident with your car. Glad you are ok, but it is distressing. We have Liverpool Victoria for our Insurance too. It’s pleasing to hear a good report. We went with them on the recommendation of Which.

I have my 6 month review with my consultant from Barts Hospital today, it’s by phone of course. I will be pleased when that’s over.

Grocery delivery this morning and a walk to the park.

All good wishes to EV and gilly if they’re reading.
Hope we all have a good day GMs and let’s be careful out there. ?

Sar53 Mon 09-Nov-20 07:24:18

Good morning from a misty but not cold Essex by the sea.
Supermarket shopping this morning and some admin this afternoon.
Two people have come forward to say they heard the dustcart hit our gate on Thursday, late afternoon. DH will be on the phone to Veolia this morning.
I'm glad to hear you are ok Ashcombe, it's horrible when something like that happens.
I also send my best wishes to Gilly and Ellen and anyone else who is having a rough time.
Have a pleasant Monday and stay safe everyone xx

MellowYellow Mon 09-Nov-20 07:26:56

Morning from a bright-ish south Cornwall. Good programme on BBC 2 last night about the poorer side of our county. Continuing with Christmas cake making today plus a walk/hobble to a little beach by the town centre for some beach combing. I want to make a vase from pieces of the broken pots that end up there.

Have the best day you can, everyone.

Beauregard Mon 09-Nov-20 07:29:08

Good morning all. Here in Derbyshire it's a dull start with some rain this morning.

We observed the two minute doorstep silence yesterday. Only one of our near neighbours came out too - a young woman with two small children. I was heartened by that as I didn't except to see her out. It was made difficult when two people walked past and tried to chat to DH in the midst of the silence. He was trying not to speak, giving nods and thumbs up signs instead. It must have looked very odd, but it spoiled the solemnity of the moment.

Not much on the agenda today. A walk out to check the girls and I've got to go to the supermarket later.

Ashcombe how unsettling for you. Hope it all gets sorted out quickly.

flowers to all not feeling well or with worries or sadness this morning.

dragonfly46 Mon 09-Nov-20 07:30:43

Good morning from a misty Leicestershire.

Did a lot of my Christmas shopping yesterday so now waiting for the packages to arrive.

Radiotherapy this afternoon. I thought it would be quieter on the roads but it doesn’t seem to be. At least the hospital parking is free.

dragonfly46 Mon 09-Nov-20 07:32:42

Good luck with your review Nortsat.

Grammaretto Mon 09-Nov-20 07:39:47

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it's damp and a overcast.
I had to check the council website to learn what our restrictions are and don't think they are very different for us
An Indian restaurant/takeaway is opening in the High Street so some businesses are managing.
DH had a reasonable night. Builders move in today to repair our living room ceiling. I hope they're not here too long. It has been very disruptive already.

I hope to get out for a walk at some stage.
I hope everyone's day goes well.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 09-Nov-20 07:48:49

Good morning Mick and all

Need to get a wriggle on today and sort out some more wrapping of Christmas Gifts along with finding where I put my Christmas cards.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Pittcity Mon 09-Nov-20 07:55:27

Good morning from foggy Colchester.
We are viewing a house this afternoon.
I am another Lidl fan and will be there this morning as soon as the fog lifts.
DGS age 4 had his flu spray on Friday and was ill over the weekend so had a CV test. Fingers crossed it's just a reaction to the vaccine.

harrigran Mon 09-Nov-20 07:59:08

Good morning from a dull, rainy NE.
Last night it was so foggy I could not see the end of the street, at midnight it had gone and it was mild.
Long chat with DD on Skype yesterday, she was telling me how convoluted it was to collect her new car in total lockdown in Brussels. She can not park the car outside of her own front door as the commune have installed charging points for electric cars. Hefty fines make parking impossible so she has to leave the car in the office car park.
Waiting for four Christmas cards in the post, I paid for express delivery a week ago and still no sign of them. I want to make a parcel for Germany and include cards so that it arrives in good time for Advent.
Binge watched Roadkill yesterday, tad disappointed with the end.

Harris27 Mon 09-Nov-20 08:00:06

I’m one of the lucky ones going to work after a nice relaxing weekend. Both sons birthday next two weeks and feeling a bit sad I won’t see one of them been in my mind over the weekend. I am hoping this week will still be busy at work keeps me focused on better times. Have the best day all.

Scentia Mon 09-Nov-20 08:00:08

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is damp and grey.
Work day today, yesterday I met DD at the end of her street to collect DGS and take him on a walk down the trails near her house. She was in her pyjamas? honestly she used to go mad at me if I took the bin out in my pyjamas, oh how times have changed. She is now 15 weeks pregnant and has lost 20lb in weight as she is still feeling sick, she said how glad she was that she gained 2 stone in lockdown as she would have been a poorly lady if not. I must keep my eye on her and make sure she is getting help from the midwife for her sickness.
I do hope you all had a productive weekend and wish you all a ‘Manic Monday’ to keep you busy?
Take care my GM friends ❤️