Gransnet forums

Chat

NOT one of Marydoll's Maths problems!

(32 Posts)
phoenix Mon 09-Nov-20 17:34:39

But one to make you think.

Lexisgranny Mon 09-Nov-20 17:41:22

I think this one could best be solved by swimming uphill through porridge whilst considering it.

MissAdventure Mon 09-Nov-20 17:42:36

Is the answer eleventy seven?

Gill66 Mon 09-Nov-20 17:44:40

You can always repaint the hamster with the ice cream, who needs gravy ?

Grannynannywanny Mon 09-Nov-20 17:57:32

For my calculations I need to know if the ice cream has sauce on it as this will affect the walking speed.

phoenix Mon 09-Nov-20 17:59:26

I think the answer might be seventy eleven, but only with a left handed flange gasket, on BBC 3 on alternate Wednesdays.

But I'm just guessing.

MrsThreadgoode Mon 09-Nov-20 17:59:34

I think the hamster is a red herring.

phoenix Mon 09-Nov-20 18:02:25

Gill66 consider yourself on the norty step! I'm down to my last half litre of locally made honeycomb ice cream, and I'm NOT wasting it on painting a hamster!

(Not that I've actually got one)

Pantglas2 Mon 09-Nov-20 18:30:00

If?‍♀️on? @ 5oz x toaster + ?‍♀️ - ?, ? gravy = ? ?

I’ve used up my brain cell doing the above, Phoenix you minx someone else can use theirs for the answer......?

phoenix Mon 09-Nov-20 18:39:04

Very good attempt, Pantglas2, gold star and a big red tick!

Pantglas2 Mon 09-Nov-20 18:42:48

Wot? No Stiffgit?

Aye wontyd too mount it in mi bedrwm tonite....?

Marydoll Mon 09-Nov-20 19:01:21

Pantglas, I'm so glad, despite all your nonsense, you learned something my maths class! Algebra is indeed the key!! ?

Marydoll Mon 09-Nov-20 19:02:40

PS, you what happens to girls who are naughty. Where is that soap????

Pittcity Mon 09-Nov-20 19:03:09

If you warm the gravy in the toaster and pour it into the sock you can easily paint the hamster.
You'll need more than it takes to paint an ant and less than needed for an elephant. ??

Grannynannywanny Mon 09-Nov-20 19:07:34

Miss Marydoll I was just thinking recently how much I miss your maffs class. My ejukayshun has shoorly gone to pot since skool closed. I hope you are coping ok ?

phoenix Mon 09-Nov-20 19:12:03

Ah, but, Pittcity the bicycle has lost a sock, and obviously needs the remaining one (we will never know why) and how on earth do you warm gravy in a toaster?

Marydoll Mon 09-Nov-20 19:16:15

Grannynannywanny

Miss Marydoll I was just thinking recently how much I miss your maffs class. My ejukayshun has shoorly gone to pot since skool closed. I hope you are coping ok ?

Thank you so much. I will , hopefully, get back to it. I'm not great at the moment, but onward and upwards! Not great first thing and it does involve a fair bit of prep.
You are very kind.

Grannynannywanny Mon 09-Nov-20 19:31:22

Sorry to hear you’re not feeling great Marydoll. I hope you’ll soon start to feel stronger and in better form. I can imagine it wasn’t easy doing the lesson prep for our school when you were feeling under the weather. It was great fun. Not something I’ve ever said about reel skool!

Stay safe and well. Hopefully better days ahead for everyone. The vaccine news today was very encouraging.

Jaxjacky Mon 09-Nov-20 20:16:02

My abacus is the best I can try as I’m lacking a Marydoll rithmetic class, sorry ?

CherryCezzy Mon 09-Nov-20 20:54:45

A Cup Of Vinegar Is needed for the Dormouse first surely .... ?

lemongrove Mon 09-Nov-20 22:13:00

I do know the answer to your question Phoenix but I belong to a sect that can only type answers when the moon is full on a Thursday, when there isn’t an R in the month and whilst wearing a bowler hat.I’ll get back to you.

Doodle Tue 10-Nov-20 20:36:05

I think the answer depends on whether or not the hamster is sitting inside a Yorkshire pudding and whether or not there are four or more roast potatoes and also on how many glasses of wine I have had.

Miss Marydoll we miss you so much. Phoenix nice of you to help out in class but may I ask have you been to Teechr twaining collige like wot the prophessiunals ave? An doo yous ave a stiffgit four it?

Marydoll Tue 10-Nov-20 20:37:50

I miss you all too ?, Doodle!

Pantglas2 Tue 10-Nov-20 20:40:20

Ooh Doodle, praps Phoenix as ad ‘on the job’ speeriens ?like wot I ad?

Doodle Tue 10-Nov-20 20:47:08

Ooh I didn no Phoenix woz doin sex edukayshun klassis.
I’m not sho Miss Doll wood lyke that an eyes sho Miss Charley woodn.?