Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(84 Posts)
12Michael Tue 10-Nov-20 06:09:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry outside here in Brackley this morning.
A quieter day than usual , await post , maybe do some housework ,and watch TV .
Starting to miss my trips out , as I have got to know and talk socially to others I got to meet over the last few years .
Take Care,
Mick

Urmstongran Tue 10-Nov-20 07:52:12

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from a beautiful start to the day in Malaga ?

The new curfew rules come into play from today and sadly will affect our LWW afternoons.
☹️

The decision by the junta is that we all have to stay in our council regions - so 3 of us will be in our bar in Torremolinos and the other 4 will be in the other bar we go to in Benalmadena! We literally live next to the bridge (the dividing line) so if we stood there we could even wave to the other ladies over the road!

Himself realised last night that if he & his friend won’t be able to watch Rangers evening matches now either as everyone has to be home by 7pm.

Our daughter, the Covid warrior is in week 5 with a sick note for next week. The practice nurse rang her yesterday to see how she is doing and made an appointment for her to be seen by the GP next week. She told her to put all thoughts of returning to work (she’s a teacher) out of her mind for a while until she starts to make more progress, as otherwise it is just making her anxious. I felt quite anxious for her when I went to bed.

On a happier note, I hope Tuesday is kind to us all. Sorry to hear you’re arthritis has flared Scentia. Maybe that’s why you took your husband to task - you must want him to do more of something. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Bellasnana Tue 10-Nov-20 07:55:02

Maw three years already ? Thinking of you on this sad anniversary.flowers

cornergran Tue 10-Nov-20 07:57:37

Morning Mick, morning All. Grey cloud over our corner of Somerset. Routine day ahead, dust removal and some soup to make. Resting on our laurels today, three tasks accomplished from our list yesterday. Next list day is Thursday, a day off is scheduled for tomorrow. Mustn’t over do it grin. Hello and welcome MrsThreadgoode, Oh mary, understand the worry about your granddaughter, one of ours has had to isolate twice it. You’re not having the best time, go gently. Not a good day for you yesterday ashcombe, hope all goes smoothly now. In general I think any sort of joint or muscle pain increases in either cold or damp weather scentia, hope today is more comfortable. Take care everyone. Thinking of anyone with a heavy heart.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 10-Nov-20 07:57:43

MawB2 thinking of you flowers

cornergran Tue 10-Nov-20 08:00:38

A sad day maw, flowers, go gently.

Marydoll Tue 10-Nov-20 08:01:25

For Maw.?

Sark Tue 10-Nov-20 08:01:30

MawB2flowers
Lovely photo.
Thinking of you

Urmstongran Tue 10-Nov-20 08:02:14

X posts Maw your day will be a mixture of emotions I expect. I’m sending you a virtual hug dear lady.
?

baubles Tue 10-Nov-20 08:06:18

Good morning Mick, morning all. It’s another damp, misty, grey day in South Lanarkshire.

Shopping delivery today, once I’ve put it all away I shall prepare a couple of cottage pies, one for the freezer and one for DD who I’ll see tomorrow.

Wishing you all a peaceful day, especially those coping with pain or illness.

flowers for Maw.

brook2704 Tue 10-Nov-20 08:07:34

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s cold but dry with some blue sky peeping through.
DD1 is a another one a bit worried as DGS has to isolate for 10 days as someone at school has tested positive. I wish I could help but as they live in Cambridge I’m too far away to help with any shopping etc. Anyhow I did pop into town to get some activity books and children’s crafting stuff to post which I hope helps a bit.... I should have put something in the parcel for DD1 but didn’t think in time ... ?
Have fun with your DGS grandmabatty and enjoy your special time together!
Maw for you ?
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings

Greyduster Tue 10-Nov-20 08:07:45

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Another foggy start to the day in South Yorkshire. I hate these misty mornings. Nothing much going on today except cleaning which has been somewhat neglected of late! Had a lovely walk around the woods yesterday while the car was being serviced. Showers of golden beech leaves falling all around. Magical. Squirrels in an absolute feeding frenzy. As were the blackbirds squabbling over the berries on my pyracantha. “Winter is coming”⚔️! Have a good safe day folks!

aggie Tue 10-Nov-20 08:09:02

Good Morning all, dull and still out , not a breath of wind . Yesterday was so dull we had the lights on all day , but I got my grocery shopping done , a visit to OHs grave and a walk up the lane to inspect a new bungalow being built , it will soon be roofed and doors on and less interesting . I love watching houses going up
Nothing planned for today , I have to get my crochet done , but every time I lift it something interrupts !
flowers maw memories are bittersweet sometimes xxx

ginny Tue 10-Nov-20 08:11:27

Good Morning. A slight pink tinge to the mist this morning.
Didn’t get to DD3s yesterday so will be going this afternoon instead. I will be delivering the meat for her to make a special birthday dinner for SIL this evening ( beef Wellington). Looking forward to DGS telling me why he was ‘star of the day’ at school yesterday
The lounge decorating is underway and will call the carpet man today, so he can drop off some samples.
More cushions for me to make today but I ‘d better tidy up my craft room first, I am such a messy worker.
This evening I’ll be joining a zoom talk set up by a local WI who invited our WI to join in. It sounds like it could be fun.
Best wishes to all feeling out of sorts in any way. I hope you all find some ? along to way.

Georgesgran Tue 10-Nov-20 08:17:04

Doesn’t seem right to post after MawB - it’s heart warming to know there’s still so much real love. ? We raised a glass to an absent friend on Saturday - taken too soon. X

Elizabeth1 Tue 10-Nov-20 08:17:41

Good morning everyone from a dry and cold east coast of Fife. I’m pretty peed off I wrote my message for today and lost it in the blink of an eye. How on earth did that happen? I was just saying how sorry to hear of your struggle Ashcombe with the car. We got a real beaut replacement while ours is in the garage getting repaired. Here’s hoping we get ours back soon. I’m hoping to go for a wee run in the replacement car today for sanity’s sake. It’s been a trying few days what with the plumber and the joiners putting my ds en-suite in. Thank goodness it’ll soon be finished. No more loo sharing blush does that mean we’ll have to buy more loo paper? I’m hoping Nicola will relax the restrictions today if not today hopefully it’ll be quite soon. Look after yourselves and others less fortunate hugs all around especially those who are on their own double hugs to those who are feeling low flowers you’re in my thoughts and prayers. Have a good day everyone it will pass.x

NannyJan53 Tue 10-Nov-20 08:20:00

MawB flowers loving thoughts are with you

Lins1066 Tue 10-Nov-20 08:20:34

Good morning Mick and all from a dry S Welsh coast. For some reason the seagulls are really noisy this morning. It rained overnight and it is very mild. Mr Lins has taken the puppy for their early morning walk and he said he didn't really need a coat. Laundry, baking and ironing on my exciting agenda today.
For you Maw ?
Thinking of our missing friends gilly and EV in particular.
Hope everyone will have a good day.

Elizabeth1 Tue 10-Nov-20 08:23:17

Mawbe2 thinking of you today flowers

Pittcity Tue 10-Nov-20 08:24:34

Good morning from a warm, damp Colchester. Nothing on today's agenda except a pile of ironing... Again!
Much love to all especially Maw thanks

Susan56 Tue 10-Nov-20 08:24:55

Good morning from Shropshire.Dry but dull here today.

We are feeling slightly less anxious today Mary,still waiting to hear from our DD this morning.Like many of you I am finding the school situation worrying.Son in law has said all along he feels it is a case of when they get it not if.DD isolating for two weeks but SIL still teaching and DGD in school.Our DGD is in reception and her teachers wear visors,our daughter teaches the same age group but at her school no visors for teachers?‍♀️I feel they are so vulnerable.She is worrying about some of the children in her class who fell so behind during the first lockdown and just as they were making progress another two weeks off.

I am going to make a start on Christmas today.The first job as others have said is the finding gifts I have already bought!

One of us will have to brave the shops at some point??

Maw?we will be thinking of you today.

Sending special thoughts to gilly and Ellan?

Welcome Mrs Threadgoode??

Have the best day you can all and stay safe.

BlueSapphire Tue 10-Nov-20 08:29:12

Good morning to all from Northampton where the sun is trying to come through. May get a walk in to blow the cobwebs away, but am tempted to stay in and make a cake instead!

Wrapped DGD's birthday present yesterday so it is ready for DS to pick up. We are hoping to have a family WhatsApp video chat on the day.

Researching new phones yesterday as mine is really slow. I like to buy a phone outright and then get a good SIM card deal, but my phone company no longer sells phones, only does monthly contracts. I had a very helpful phone chat yesterday with my company who said that would be fine, and they could upgrade my SIM card and then put it into the new phone. I will consult with DD before I do anything.

flowers to Maw, thinking of her today.

dragonfly46 Tue 10-Nov-20 08:32:20

Maw ❤️?

MellowYellow Tue 10-Nov-20 08:35:54

Morning everyone from a clear, bright south Cornwall. Am going to try to get to my allotment today, weeks since I've been there, it's a mile away, but with painkillers and crutches I reckon I can do it, even if I just sit around once I'm there! I love the fresh air and trees and my sunken bath pond, all so good for the soul. Thinking of you today Maw.

LauraNorder Tue 10-Nov-20 08:37:30

Good morning Mick and all from dry, cloudy and breezy Anglesey.
flowers for Maw, what a lovely photograph of a very charming looking man. Three years is no time at all after a lifetime together.
Kind thoughts too to all of you with pain from arthritis and other causes, and to those with worries about family members in isolation because of the dreaded Covid.
Hope your appointment goes well Dragonfly.
What a strange dream Marydoll, I am flattered to have appeared as the one likely to sort out the stray dog. Perhaps I’ll pass the task to my husband Orlin who is best at resolving these things.
Sorry to hear that your daughter is still struggling a bit Urms, it is a worry, our son had Covid back in April and didn’t feel completely right for a good few months. Teenage Grandson tested positive a few weeks ago and was fine and dandy after a week.
I’ve joined up with some friends to do an art challenge. The word for November is ‘show’, we are to produce something in any medium to share at the end of the month. I have an idea for some graffiti on a large canvas showing the thoughts in my head, the happiness, the sadness, the doubt, the positivity, the confusion........you get my drift.
Have as good a day as you can everyone.

Kalu Tue 10-Nov-20 08:41:00

Good morning from a grey day in Glasgow where we are promised a high of 12deg. Wow!?

No plan as yet to keep myself busy today. Faffing around seems likely.

I hope all goes well for your appointment today Dragonfly
How lucky you are Maw to have had 50years with your darling Paw. ?

Take care all and best wishes to those who are struggling with worries.