Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(71 Posts)
12Michael Wed 11-Nov-20 06:33:40

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry outside herein Brackley this morning .
I had all that I ordered online yesterday by post ,and UPS the later one surprised me, it was the Xmas stamps which I thought would be delivered by royal mail but not that way for a small envelope package .
See the new Antiques Road trip on TV with both having to drive separate classic cars.
Take Care,
Mick

Ashcombe Wed 11-Nov-20 06:37:59

Good morning from a peaceful, dry Torbay!

Yesterday was fine and mild so a walk over Babbacombe Downs beckoned which offered some unusual cloud formations over the bay which I’m sharing in these photos.

Thank you for the kind comments over the car hire saga, which ended happily with the delivery of a 70 reg bright blue Vauxhall Corsa with only 500 miles on the clock! It has all sorts of gizmos, like automatic lights, press button handbrake, touch key ignition and fuel saving cut out whenever I stop. I shall feel slightly superfluous as the driver but it will be fun trying it out.

Nevertheless, I love my four year old Ford Fiesta Zetec Ecoboost which has served me well, not least in early March, 2018 when we battled the Beast from the East (and survived!) during an epic 15 hour journey to Portsmouth! But that’s another story!

I wish brighter skies to those whose lives are clouded with worries. ?

Ashcombe Wed 11-Nov-20 06:40:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Scentia Wed 11-Nov-20 06:41:36

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire, dark and mild outside today.
I now want to live on a farm in Yorkshire, have another 7 children and live like the Owens for the rest of my days❤️❤️❤️
Off to the priory with the pooch and DD and DGS with my winter picnic and towels for getting dry after our dip in the freezing waters!! (I may just watch the pooch and DGS in the water!!)
It seems rather overkill Mick to send a few stamps by courier, I hear you have to pay postage to get them too!!!

I wish you all well and you all be careful out there❤️

Pantglas2 Wed 11-Nov-20 06:45:07

Morning all from a dry north Wales where I’m up early for no reason other than we had an early night after sharing a bottle of wine ? at lunchtime! We’re proper lightweights these days!

Lovely to see Conwy bustling yesterday- locals spending money and keeping businesses going in these sanitised/distanced days!

You’re right about Lidl, GwenisGreat, just off the flyover in Junction - my only quibble is they don’t have a fresh bread slicing machine like they do in the Spanish ones!

Hope things are sorted insurance wise now Ashcombe- how vexing! Lovely photo of Paw, MawB and I’m sure you had a bittersweet day with your memories ?

A nothing much day for me so will pop in later to read all your bizziness!

Beechnut Wed 11-Nov-20 06:50:02

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where we have a dry start.
Gosh Ashcombe with those gizmos I think I’d just get in and lie across the back seat.

Yesterday’s crafting went well with my daughter I thought. After a few hiccups we got into the swing of marbling. All left to dry and I will take some photos to send to her later.
I bought a new outside clock last week and there was a rather nice piece of backing card in the box so I’ve earmarked it to make a new home card to make for my good friends who have moved many miles away.

Have a good day day all and hope poorly people have a much better one than of late ?

Dwmxwg Wed 11-Nov-20 06:54:55

Good morning from north Surrey, looks dry out there this morning.
Yesterday’s shift cancelled and have no more booked for a few days as we were due to have a week at a cottage in the Peak District. Instead we are going to decorate our bedroom but need to buy the paint first.
This morning I have my PT session which will be outside (glad it isn’t the 2 degrees that I trained in last week❄️)
I am then meeting up with a friend at Bushy Park for a good walk and natter.
DGSs will be arriving this evening for their usual 2 night stay whilst DD works her nights.
DH received a letter yesterday from Imperial College inviting him to take part in a study to look at how many people in UK have CV, he has registered and a test will come in the post to do. The envelope was NHS so guess it is all linked to government statistics.
Hope everyone has a successful day

Ashcombe Wed 11-Nov-20 07:03:13

Dwmxwg:
I’ve been participating in that research for several months and did a home test which proved negative in August. It all helps with their pool of knowledge on lifestyle and how it affects resilience, I believe.

cornergran Wed 11-Nov-20 07:06:21

Morning Mick, morning All, it looks dry outside, our corner of Somerset is still dark. Regular Wednesday grocery delivery today. Curry to put in the slow cooker for this evening. Some ironing to do and a couple of small outside jobs before lunch, hope for a beach walk this afternoon. Take care everyone, as ever special thoughts for those with heavy hearts or worries of any kind.

kittylester Wed 11-Nov-20 07:09:23

Good morning all!! It's too dark to see what the weather is like but it doesn't seem to be windy or raining hard.

This morning I have the final Carer's session of this particular group. When we meet face to face we provide cake, biscuits, sausage roles etc. as this week is all about looking after the carer. It is not the same on line.

This afternoon I need to finish my Sainsbury's online shop. And, I forgot to ring the butcher yesterday so much remember that too.

Have a good day all.

Bellasnana Wed 11-Nov-20 07:10:23

Good morning from Malta where the weather is still very pleasant and un-Novemberlike.

Yesterday DD3 said she was going shopping and would I like to go with her. I didn’t need anything but went along to keep her company. How I managed to come out with a couple of bags full of things I didn’t know I needed is a mystery!?

Nothing planned for today apart from my usual exercises and a few chores. I have been putting off the ironing so might get it done today. I know, scintillating isn’t it!

Wishing you all the best day possible and special thoughts for those who are feeling poorly or just fed up.flowers☀️

Kalu Wed 11-Nov-20 07:12:46

Good morning all from a still dark outside, breezy Glasgow.

Our big challenge today is to cut each other’s hair. Can life get anymore exciting? We still haven’t used the clipper thingy but I reassured DH, if it is a disaster, to wear his woolly beanie whenever he has to go out and no one will notice until it grows in again!?
He has the easiest job to just cut mine straight across at the ends.

I don’t know if you are keeping up with us gilly . You are often in my thoughts of good wishes.
You too EV. I miss reading your posts in the morning. Hope all is well with you.

Make the best of the day all, whatever helps you through the day.

brook2704 Wed 11-Nov-20 07:13:42

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s still dark but the weather forecast says it’s going to be showery and windy later
Nothing much planned for today so will see what the day brings. I’ve always got lots of sorting out to do so I’ll be busy doing something!
Hope everyone has a good day today especially those with worries and struggles, take care all whatever the day brings ?

Sar53 Wed 11-Nov-20 07:15:10

Good morning everyone from a dry and bright Essex by the sea.
My 9 year old DGD had a lovely birthday yesterday despite being at home in isolation. We spoke on WhatsApp and she showed me all her presents.
I had a nasty accident with a very sharp knife whilst chopping up some cabbage. I really thought I had done some major damage but a padded plaster seems to be working.
No plans for today apart from trying to finish my current cross Stitch, this one is of Harry Potter. I have one more ballerina to do and that will be the 6 I set out to do for my granddaughters.
Have a lovely Wednesday and stay safe everyone xx

Beauregard Wed 11-Nov-20 07:36:59

Good morning all from Derbyshire where it's dry and cloudy.

We had a nice walk in the local countryside yesterday. We had heard that a new development of glamping pods has just opened nearby so we walked past to see them, and very nice they are.

Today we plan to work at the veg garden to prepare and cover for winter. Mostly weeding - a job I hate, but it has to be done.

Hope everyone is feeling well and has a good day today.

Urmstongran Wed 11-Nov-20 07:50:48

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga ?

I had a lovely day yesterday. We had breakfast at Juan’s (not Tiffany’s but hey) and I took this photo from our table of the lovely sky to remind me when I’m home how gorgeous it is out here. I shall miss it.

Our ladies group of 3 was fun. We chatted away but did miss the others. We all think this curfew & restrictions will be extended.

I shall be ringing my Covid warrior later. She is quite anxious about having long Covid and worries what damage might be done to her body. I read up on it a bit last night then wished I hadn’t.

Jaxjacky Wed 11-Nov-20 07:57:03

Good morning all from a dry S Hants, day three of kitchen refit. Flooring man due this morning to remeasure the kitchen.
OH not working today, so we may get out for a walk. I had the much dreaded call with the consultant last night, he’s going to write to GP to change meds around, no mention of an op, phew!! Nothing much else on, up to the chippie for tonight’s dinner, give the microwave a rest.
Have a gentle day all.

NannyJan53 Wed 11-Nov-20 07:59:57

Good morning from a grey and drizzly Black Country. Such a contrast to yesterday as it was warm and sunny.

Again, not a lot planned today, it seems as if life has come to a halt again. Apparently the infection rate is high in our area, so staying in as much as possible. Have to take car for MOT and service tomorrow though.

Lovely photo's Ashcombe, it is an area we hope to visit next year with our caravan. Partners Quashi has all those gizmo's too, including a reversing camera! Even if a car gets close behind in a queue of traffic it bleeps!

Wishing you all a good day, with special thoughts to all our missing contributors, especially gilly and EV flowers

NannyJan53 Wed 11-Nov-20 08:02:05

Urmston such a worry for you, I hope your DD will be on the road to normality soon flowers

ginny Wed 11-Nov-20 08:07:24

Good Morning from N. Bucks. Quite dull at the moment but there is a fuzzy gold ball in the sky so hope it may improve.
Our next door neighbours are moving today after 27 years. They have been good neighbours and luckily only moving up the hill so we will still see them.
I’m leaving DH to the decorating today and going to meet Dd1 at the local country park. We’ll have a walk and then buy lunch from the cafe and sit at opposite ends of a bench to eat. Cars are allowed in free of charge at the moment so we’ll be safe if it rains.
Hope everyone manages a ? today.

Urmstongran Wed 11-Nov-20 08:12:11

Oops! Posted before I’d finished ha!

We have no plans for today so will just see how the day unfolds and what if anything we fancy doing.

Hope Wednesday is good to us all. Thinking especially of gillybob and EV. Has anyone tried a p.m.? Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Gingster Wed 11-Nov-20 08:12:26

Good morning from a bright and calm Suffolk coast . The cloud formation is very unusual here too Ashcombe very pretty on the horizon. Lovely pics from you. ?.

Scentia - I’ve been dreaming of the Yorkshire Farm Family all night. What an idyllic life they lead. Tough at times, I’m sure and what a lovely grounded family. ????

We’ll be tidying up the cottage and garden today and putting it to bed for a while. I don’t think we’ll be back until the New Year, so we must leave it in apple pie order.

I must start Xmas shopping soon. I’ve written cards but need more. I have stockings to fill - 8 in all. I usually put 10 gifts in each and wrap them all. Takes a while but always creates a bit of fun. Only silly bits and bobs ?

Take care of you hand Sar and be careful with that knife.

Best wishes for a pleasant day. ???

Sark Wed 11-Nov-20 08:12:30

Good Morning everyone from Oxfordshire where it is overcast and still.
Sar53 sounds like a nasty cutflowers
Just bought a new fridge freezer to be delivered on Saturday but other than that nothing much happening in Sark towers as usual..just another work day!
Best wishes to all and have a good daysmile

BlueSapphire Wed 11-Nov-20 08:14:10

Good morning all from a cloudy grey Northampton. Not much planned for today, may get around to making cakes, maybe not. Must finish my Sainsbury's order ready for tomorrow's delivery.

Have been researching new integrated fridges, as mine is struggling to meet a low enough temperature even on the lowest setting. Wondered why the milk seemed to be going off quicker than usual. I will have to have them install it and take out and dispose of the old one. AO seem to have the best price and installation charges. Also looking at new phones, and will consult with DD at the weekend. DS-in-law is already looking at new laptops for me. Will be an expensive time!

Wishing everyone a good day. Lovely pictures, Ashcombe.

baubles Wed 11-Nov-20 08:15:48

Good morning Mick, morning all from a wet and breezy South Lanarkshire.

We are relieved of our childminding duties today as SiL is using up some annual leave so the cottage pie I made yesterday will have to go in the freezer.

Yesterday I finished a crochet blanket for the littlest GC, just have to wash and block it today. It was an easy, relaxing project and I’ve lots of yarn so I think I’ll start another one today.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day, look after yourselves.