Gransnet forums

Chat

Is lock down making you lazy.....

(255 Posts)
travelsafar Sat 14-Nov-20 09:45:35

Being as the dark nights and colder weather now rolling in i find myself starting to get lazy. In the last LD i worked every day in the garden and also walked. Now i walk for an hour a day and after completing necessary chores, time is on my hands. I have things i could do but i can't be bothered. Before there was a sense of urgency to complete tasks as i had social activities to go to, family and friends to visit and meet up with. In the summer there was the nuturing of plants in the greenhouse and garden and even after evening meal the watering of both to be done. I find myself spending more time trawling on the internet or sitting watching tv and knitting. I dont like it, is this the slippery slope to complete inactivity!!!! I also find that y diet is also up the creek because i get up later i have breakfast later, dont want lunch and make do with a cuppa and some bics around 3ish. Rarely do i want an evening meal but have to cook for DH so make myself eat something. I feel the whole stucture of my daily life has disappeared.

Callistemon Tue 15-Dec-20 10:41:41

I'm not being lazy, I'm busy on here!

Lucretzia Tue 15-Dec-20 14:52:42

OldBiddyVera!

You share 2 of my favourite hobbies!

Fortnite and horror films

I was rather disappointed this morning. Updated Fortnite and expected it to be all Christmassy and nothing had changed!

As to the OP yes, I am indeed lazier. Not doing my usual stiff means I sit around more.

ButI still do a couple of hours walk with my dog in the evening so all isn't lost

Lucretzia Tue 15-Dec-20 14:53:51

Callistemon

I'm not being lazy, I'm busy on here!

Exactly!

Should have thought of that smile

And the mammoth present wrapping has also kept me busy. And infuriated. I'm not a natural present wrapper.

Callistemon Tue 15-Dec-20 16:02:43

I'm a terrible present wrapper.

My MIL used to be very good; she was used to wrapping up parcels in her shop in brown paper and string, very neatly indeed.

I feel a song coming on
#JulieAndrews