Gransnet forums

Chat

my grandkids 6 7 10 are in foster care

(13 Posts)
karen4567 Sat 14-Nov-20 19:02:11

went to court last week to see if me and my daughter could have the boys but the judge decided they stay in foster care i am very upset also my family dont no what to do

Blossoming Sat 14-Nov-20 19:08:10

So very sorry Karen, the judge must have thought it’s best for the children at the moment. I don’t know the ins and outs, maybe you could try again in a few months. If there’s a particular area of concern perhaps that’s something you could work on. This must be really hard fir you x

GrandmaKT Sat 14-Nov-20 19:10:40

Ah, that must be so hard for you! Did the judge give any feedback of how you can work towards getting them back?

Susiewong65 Sat 14-Nov-20 19:11:33

So sorry to hear this, is there a social worker on board who may be able to help you ?
Best of luck, big hug to you and your daughter.

PamelaJ1 Sat 14-Nov-20 19:13:51

How awful for you. Is your daughter the mother of the children?
I hope you manage to get some help and that you still have contact with them.

crazyH Sat 14-Nov-20 19:20:03

So, so sorry....I can't begin to imagine what you, your daughter and all who were close to your grandchildren, are going through. Big hugs......hope you will able to see them and sooner or later, you can all be one big happy family. As far as I know, fostering is a stop-gap, a temporary solution. Wish you all the best !!!

ayse Sat 14-Nov-20 20:23:56

That is so hard. You must be devastated. Sending you hugs and hope they will return to their family soon, if possible.

??

Jimjam1 Sat 14-Nov-20 20:29:31

So so sad for you and your daughter. Might be worth asking about a contact centre visit. These centres are supervised by professionals where it enables you to see the children but supervised. I don’t know whether this would be available at the moment because of the virus. Might be worth making some enquires.

welbeck Sat 14-Nov-20 20:49:57

it's hard to advise without knowing the circumstances.

EllanVannin Sat 14-Nov-20 20:54:14

I agree Welbeck.

Summerlove Sat 14-Nov-20 21:01:34

I’m sorry you are in pain Karen.

NotSpaghetti Sat 14-Nov-20 21:19:25

Karen - work with social care, they will be able to tell you exactly what you need to be doing, why they can't come to you, and when they will reconsider.
Just work with them. They want what's best for the children, and so do you.

Charleygirl5 Sat 14-Nov-20 21:22:57

So sorry to hear this but difficult to give any advice not knowing the circumstances.