Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(76 Posts)
12Michael Sun 15-Nov-20 06:10:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , wet and windy this morning here in brackley .
Today , maybe a small shop, and then watch some TV , have lunch and maybe an afternoon snooze as well .
Think I may start to list the people on my xmas card list for something to do.
Take Care ,
Mick

MellowYellow Sun 15-Nov-20 08:23:37

Yes, it is pre Raphaelite-ish Nortsat. I'd never thought of that.

Marydoll Sun 15-Nov-20 08:24:01

Oh crossed posts, glad to hear your husband is doing OK, Lins and wishing him a speedy recovery.

Stunning portrait (and child!) MellowYellow. grin

Dwmxwg Sun 15-Nov-20 08:26:24

Good morning from a wet north Surrey. Horrible drive in the dark, torrential rain and huge puddles which I couldn’t see until I was in them. Luckily only 5 minutes to DD but was very glad to arrive safely. She has gone off to work and I am in charge of DGSs until their daddy arrives. I have done my online Pilates and they are currently watching the Simpsons.
Yesterday made a good start on bedroom decorating. We have a king size bed which is VERY heavy so we are having to minimise moving it by painting all coats, ceiling, walls and woodwork, on one half before moving bed across the room to paint the other side.
Hope Mr Lins is making a good recovery and Marydoll that you had a good nights sleep and feeling more comfortable today.
Mellow what a lovely keepsake from your dad. All that red hair ?
Wishing all a good Sunday

baubles Sun 15-Nov-20 08:27:23

Good morning team Mick. It’s another dreich one in S Lanarkshire or as DH says ‘another Marti Pellow day’ grin

Yesterday after I looked out last year’s cards and wrote my Christmas card list I realised that for the first time I hadn’t received cards from several relatives. I’m wondering if they have all given up sending cards.

Today I’ll do a little more online gift shopping then listen to the Archers Omnibus whilst I potter in the kitchen.
Doing that on a wet Sunday afternoon always takes me back to childhood and listening to Sing Something Simple in front of the kitchen fire.

Look after yourselves.

Susan56 Sun 15-Nov-20 08:27:25

Good morning from Shropshire.Torrential rain and blowing a gale today.

Nothing planned today.I am going to have to think up a project or two if this situation continues into the new year which I presume it will.In the first lockdown we were already in the middle of decorating and gardening projects so time flew by but this time everything is decorated and sorted so we are just drifting along.

I normally would be doing locum shifts in the pharmacy at this time of year but as I fall into a vulnerable category I won’t be able to this year.

I’m not as miserable as I sound!

Lins,I hope things went well for your husband yesterday and he is back home with you.

Cherry,I hope you had a more comfortable night?

Ellan,it was lovely to read yesterday that things are looking up for your little family and that Ruby Lou will be home to spend Christmas with the family.

Have the best day you can everybody and stay safe.

kittylester Sun 15-Nov-20 08:33:06

Morning all from a soggy North Leicestershire. I have, rather rashly, offered to deliver some Sainsbury's Lego cards to someone on the other side of the village - might have to drive.

Thank you for all your kind thoughts yesterday. I felt much better during the day. My sadness at Children in Need couldn't compare with EV's but I was at a low ebb.

I'm feeling a bit onwards and downwards too. The thought of getting sorted for Christmas defeats me.

Roast belly pork with Madeira gravy, roast potatoes, carrots and red cabbage for lunch.

Have the best day possible.

Beauregard Sun 15-Nov-20 08:41:07

Good morning from Derbyshire. Not raining yet but some more expected.

Yesterday my DD phoned with two lots of unhappy news. Firstly she had been thrown off the horse whilst riding in the field. The horse, Noregard, reared and spun around so she lost her balance. DD managed to twist mid air so that she landed like a cat, on hands and knees, so was thankfully not hurt, just muddy. I don't know if something spooked her to make her do that but it's very worrying. I've been planning to ride her myself, which I haven't yet done, but I think I'll have to shelve that idea for now if she's playing up. I don't think I'd get away with no injuries.

The other news from DD was that she's heard a family friend from the past has died. She was admitted to hospital a few weeks ago with another illness but caught covid whilst there. We were so sorry to hear that and it's so sad for her husband and family.

Today there's racing on tv and we'll have a walk out later.

Hope Lins has good news for us that everything went well with Mr Lins yesterday and everyone has a good Sunday.

GrannySomerset Sun 15-Nov-20 08:43:05

Rain has stopped for the moment but the forecast is dire so yet another indoor day. Not sure yet how to fill it, but DH can usually be relied on to create some small domestic drama for me to clear up, and there are cupboards which have reverted to their pre-Lockdown 1 state of chaos and need sorting.

Like Marydoll, I am tired of making meals and think I will pull something out of the freezer for today. Hope MrLins is recovering well after his eye surgery and that everyone has a good day.

Beauregard Sun 15-Nov-20 08:44:09

Lins another crossed post. Hope all is well today flowers

cornergran Sun 15-Nov-20 08:44:38

Please don’t feel guilty marydoll, just enjoy the chicken without feeling exhausted by the process Something I learned to do in my 40’s when illness struck and have perfected since smile. As a colleague used to say it’s making use of available resources. Enjoy what you can of the day, so hard not to worry about people at the moment, so much sadness around.

harrigran Sun 15-Nov-20 08:46:46

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Gave up trying to get to sleep at 1.30 and departed to the spare room with my book. I am reading The Giver of stars but it is not the best Jojo Moyes book I have read.
DH had a poor day with pain and nausea, he has no appetite which makes mealtimes difficult.
Emailed DIL yesterday morning and she replied at 11.30 last night, no the wonder my brain wouldn't switch off.
Still no joy from the company that I ordered cards from, no refund because they sent them out so I must have them.
Have the best Sunday possible in these difficult times.

Jaxjacky Sun 15-Nov-20 08:50:33

Good morning all from a windy, wet S Hants, think this is in for the day. Taking a bag of washing to DD’s today as kitchen still ongoing, will drop their advent calendars at the same time. Otherwise, a fairly nothing day, I think many of us are down in the dumps, it’s so hard with no end in sight. I’m trying to give myself a pep talk before I get up each morning, some days it works better than others!
To all of you, those with struggles and worries especially, have a gentle day.

MawB2 Sun 15-Nov-20 08:51:09

Good morning all -Mick I like your “to do” list. I think an afternoon snooze might be on mine too!
It’s a filthy day as far as I can see and I am so glad I went to visit D1 and family yesterday so we could at least get out with the puppy. Going round the park little DGD (6) painstakingly explained every detail of the film (?) which had caused her bad dream the night before but by the end of it I was honestly no wiser but she enjoyed telling me (I just had to make sympathetic noises as you do)
Bless her she is so affectionate and much as I adore the boys, she seems to like the “girl cuddles” and redressing the gender balance in the family!
Trains were empty, stations deserted - it reminded me of a Sunday in Scotland in my childhood - shut!
I am avoiding the current mood of unkindness on GN, partly because, selfishly it brings me down, but also because -I hope- it will pass, we are just all suffering from extra stress and worry and it has to come out somewhere. Better here than to be directed at our nearest and dearest I suppose?
So for all who are venturing out, I wish you a safe day and for all of us - keep well!

ginny Sun 15-Nov-20 08:53:31

Good Morning. Dull, windy and lots of rain here in N. Bucks.
Enjoy our family quiz on zoom last evening. Even family pets joined in, we had views of curious noses and paws, although their knowledge was limited.
DH is having a little grumble about having to finish the painting in such bad light. I hope the jam roly poly I have planned for pud will cheer him up.
Hoping to Facebook younger DGS and read him a new story later on.
I’ll have a quick tidy up and then get on with those Christmas cushions, I’m on the 4th on and enjoying it. I’ll post some photos when I’m done.
Take care and don’t forget to look for some? today.

Anniebach Sun 15-Nov-20 08:54:19

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Kalu Sun 15-Nov-20 08:55:53

MellowYellow, how could you have forgotten about your beautiful portrait, especially as it was done by your dad?
Had I such a loving keepsake, it would have been framed and hung with pride. It’s fabulous.
The vacuum bags are a great idea so my fingers are crossed they work this time. ?

Greyduster Sun 15-Nov-20 08:58:49

Good morning Michael and all GNs from a decidedly soggy South Yorkshire. We haven’t been out for a couple of days, and are feeling it, so rain or no rain, we will go out today, just for a lungful of fresh air! I seem to have rather a lot of cooking apples, so I think a crumble is called for today, with some of the blackberries picked earlier in the year. Roast chicken for a late dinner.
Mellow what a charming portrait - your father was obviously a talented painter. Have a good safe day folks!

Grandmabatty Sun 15-Nov-20 08:59:55

Good morning All. It's dreich in Polmont. I had a good night's sleep for me. I was awake only once which is a success! Saturday is housework day and that was thwarted by a visit from dd and dgs. I'm not complaining! It does mean I have to get cleaning today. I shall take things easy though after a rather unpleasant week, health related. Mellowyellow that is a lovely portrait. I had been thinking Titian and someone else said it first. Marydoll always having to cook and make food decisions is so annoying, isn't it? I'm roasting a chicken which will do me nicely for four meals. Kalu ?. By recognising your inertia, you have taken the first step to beating it. I'm off to have coffee number two and then to potter gently. Have a good day all.

Kalu Sun 15-Nov-20 09:03:30

Meant to say, I normall scour charity shops for decent frames which I then re do to suit whatever I am framing.

Thank you Marydoll. I am on a mission to be more constructive and lift myself out of this slump. Hey ho. ?
I hope you have a better, less pain/ pain free day. ?

Gelisajams Sun 15-Nov-20 09:06:20

Good morning from a dry Morecambe Bay. Apart from Zoom church later, nothing planned as yet for today. We were discussing what we would like to do next year in our little camper if we ever get the leisure battery problem sorted. We do have it booked in for the end of November when it will probably get re wired as the the 2 previous attempts to fix it haven’t worked. Intermittent faults are a nightmare to sort out.
It very much depends on what the consultant says following DH’s blood test result, which we get tomorrow, as to what we can plan.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Alygran Sun 15-Nov-20 09:12:57

Good morning from North Yorkshire where it has just started to rain again.
Had a walk in the local arboretum yesterday. Lots of families braving the drizzle. The trees are mostly bare but a beautiful leaf carpet everywhere.
FaceTime with DGS this morning then not much else.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Taichinan Sun 15-Nov-20 09:22:43

Good morning all from the Angus coast where it's getting brighter as I type. Very windy though.

I'm attaching (I hope!) a photo of my tree-that-isn't-a-Christmas-tree which now brightens up the garden room - a bit like an elaborate standard lamp. I just feel I need some brightness just now.

Love that painting of you "Mellow". A very talented Dad - and what lovely hair!

Glad yesterday went successfully for your DH, Lins. And glad you had a better night Marydoll.

Nothing planned here today, although I have my little list without which nothing would be achieved. There just doesn't seem to be a point in anything at the moment. Roll on Spring!

Have as good a day as you can everyone and stay cosy and dry ??

Georgesgran Sun 15-Nov-20 09:33:18

Good morning from Durham. Dry at the moment but rain expected soon. Late to bed last night after watching The Devil Wears Prada - lovely watching scenes around New York - my visit cancelled, of course.
Weird dreams where my 3 biggest bedrooms had been taken over as Covid wards - the rooms were silent and staff in PPE working like robots! Don’t feel rested at all.

Sunday is just another day in this house, so an omelette later as made by Antonio Carluccio on a programme earlier in the week - don’t eat meat.

Must shake a leg, but don’t know why.

Hope everyone has the best day today. X

BlueSapphire Sun 15-Nov-20 09:45:18

Good morning from a very wet East Northants, where I am staying with DD. DS-in-law has just taken the dogs out for their morning walk; no doubt the three of them will come back soaked.

DD dropped me in town yesterday to pick up my new glasses, and I am delighted with them; so much lighter than my old ones, but I could buy a small property with what they cost me! We spent a pleasant afternoon watching rugby, the England women, and then the England men; good results in both matches. And then fish and chips while we watched Strictly.

I hardly slept last night; consequently I am three-quarters of the way through my latest Agatha Christie book, can't wait to find out if the killer is caught before another murder.

A lazy morning, and then home this afternoon. Hope all goes well today, especially those feeling poorly or down. Stay safe everyone.

EllanVannin Sun 15-Nov-20 10:02:58

Good Morning All x.
Typical November day, damp and dingy, but as mum used to say " there's nobody out that matters ". I imagine that she meant that as long as we as a family were all cosy together then all was well.

A lovely portrait MellowYellow . I love art and paintings of which I have a few here gracing the walls from Chinese lacquered bamboo art to an old French oil copy of one of Pissarro's scenes. Even a burntwood scene of the Aussie Outback. All part of who I am grin

You wouldn't believe it but the sky's cleared and we have sunshine and a fair bit of blue albeit breezy with white clouds scudding along. Lovely.

Beef today with cheating Yorkshires out of a bag smile Usual roast and broccoli, an apple will do me for afters.

If only the few who delight in disrupting would join this thread, it might give them a different perspective on life ? Would they, do you think ? Then they could perhaps give us an insight on how they feel about themselves. It's sad.

Lins I hope your DH has a comfortable day x
Also those with ills who are finding things tough going.
Marydoll, ill as you are you still give me a smile with your " leaning tower of Pisa "-----that's spirit for you x Keep it up girl.

To everyone, have a peaceful day take it easy if you're under the weather and stay safe. xx