Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(76 Posts)
12Michael Sun 15-Nov-20 06:10:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , wet and windy this morning here in brackley .
Today , maybe a small shop, and then watch some TV , have lunch and maybe an afternoon snooze as well .
Think I may start to list the people on my xmas card list for something to do.
Take Care ,
Mick

LauraNorder Sun 15-Nov-20 10:11:48

Good morning all from Anglesey where the wind continues to roar. The cover on the scaffolding is ripped to pieces and flapping against the windows like giant seagulls. Not protecting the new lime render at all so it’s drying too quickly, still two gable ends to be finished.
Marydoll reading about all the wonderful cooking and baking you have done for family and friends over the years I’d say you deserve a meal cooked for you today....... x.
Tesco has just arrived, be back later

Mapleleaf Sun 15-Nov-20 10:13:01

Good morning all,

It's very wet and windy today, plenty of leaves are falling off the trees.

That's a lovely painting, mellowyellow. Your dad was very talented.

Not sure what I'll be up to today. Another exciting day ahead, no doubt ?.

I will go back and read through all the posts as I've only skimmed them.

Hope Lins DH is home again and that all went well.

Take care and have the best day you can.

? to all feeling sad, lonely or worried today.

Grandmafrench Sun 15-Nov-20 10:14:49

Good Morning everyone! Drying up in a warm wind after a few predicted showers here ??

I think we’re all waiting. And we’re all truly hacked off with waiting. At a time of year when everyone - including Grans - has a lengthy list, a master plan or some good ideas about the Christmas season ( in real life), and we’re positive and so busy, we find we’re still stuck in a no man’s land of empty promises, ongoing fears and a millstone of ‘what if’s’ to drag us all down. No wonder we feel fed up.
Add worries about loved ones and our own health concerns - it’s honestly a surprise we’re not all heading for the funny farm!

But, as long as we don’t all crash and burn together, there’s hope. Each one of us on here can take a turn to have a bad day or two.....that’s allowed. Then the rest can concentrate on the cheering up noises? We are tired of it all now and want our lives back, so we must do this - and we will. But we mustn’t forget to look after ourselves and spoil ourselves and indulge ourselves in every way possible, because we’ve gone without so much for far too long. Promise?

Loved your latest construction project, Scentia. Mellow that’s so lovely. Your talented Dad...and that tumbling hair.What an heirloom! Keep resting, Mr and Mrs harrigran - sleep’s healing, remember? Take care of that tum, Grandmabatty - bad stomachs really wear you down. What a dreadful Saturday, Beauregard, very unsettling. Nortsat take it slowly. Wishing hard for good news tomorrow, gelisa .
Congrats on the down-size manoeuvres, Pitt. Hope you’re feeling better day by day, BlueSapphire. Thrilled for you and yours, at last, Ellan. Love that pretty tree, Taichinan. Get well very soon, to everyone who isn’t. Try not to worry and stay safe all.

Just to say that the missing suet delivery saga has been solved. DH never ordered it....he was side-tracked by interesting spices, went off to do some ?‍? cheffy research and “forgot”. After a few words......it’s now ordered. Going to be a VERY busy Stir Up Sunday coming up!! ?

Be Strong, be well, have a smiley day if you can, and just think “what the hell!”

((((((Hugs))))))

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 15-Nov-20 10:16:36

Morning all from a 'sunshine after the rain' South Notts. I'll do the weekly shop later - this is the highlight of my week in these strange times.
I'll read or do something creative later.
Hope all is well with everyone, especially those with illness or worries.

Blossoming Sun 15-Nov-20 10:19:45

Good morning all, today I will be making my Christmas lists and perhaps buying a few gifts. As we won’t be seeing anybody this year everything will need to be posted, but it will be gift cards and Christmas cards so no parcel wrapping.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day.

CherryCezzy Sun 15-Nov-20 10:23:06

Good morning everyone. Alternations between sun and flash showers in the Gower today and it's chilly.

I had a lovely day yesterday ?. One of my great nephews' birthdays (nephew1's son). We facetimed to join in singing happy birthday and we chatted away. My youngest great nephew (3yr old) was on top form, dancing away throughout ?. I also had a long chat with my neice1 to catch up on all her news.

I did sleep well Susan, apart from one moment of rude awakening imposed upon me by my neighbour ?.

Sorry to hear than Mr Lins had an uncomfortable night but so pleased that his operation went well and he came home. I hope everything is as the surgeon would want when he is checked today ?

GrannySomerset the same thing seems to have happened to a couple of cupboards in my house. Could it be because they tend to be the ones that my WP just throws stuff in to ?.

I'm inviting myself to yours for pudding ginny ?

Sorry to hear that so many of you are "onwards and downwards* rather than "upwards*. A lot of it is this dratted virus's fault I think, grrh. We've all had enough of the situation we're in. It won't last forever, there will be an end, we can get through this. Find a ? and pass it on and plenty will come back to you ? ☺️

Slow cooked pork for dinner later with lots and lots of veg ?. Then I think I'll put my feet up (or down) and pamper myself with a bubbly foot bath ?

Take care lovely goodmorningers, be kind to yourselves ❤️

Stilllearning Sun 15-Nov-20 10:24:56

Good morning from grey and damp S Lanarkshire. Beautiful picture Mellow, what a memory to have. I'm afraid I've been part of the 'down' team recently, I think our emotions are very near the surface just now and can overwhelm us unexpectedly, at least that's what I'm finding. On line mass this morning and, on a brighter note, I've started touring around on the magic internet and found a church in Ireland with a great guitarist so I'm enjoying that!
This afternoon I am going to do the two hour round journey to see my two youngest grandchildren through the window and hand in some goodies because, like everyone else in central Scotland I'm pretty sure we'll be back to lockdown this week and who knows for how long.
Very glad things are looking up for your family Ellan and
good wishes to everyone especially those who need it most.

Bigjohn Sun 15-Nov-20 10:32:54

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 15-Nov-20 10:35:37

Good Morning all from a dreary wet Harrogate - Hope it isn't like this in North Wales? I'm so looking forward to seeing Gwyrch Castle in I'm a celebrity. As a child it was a fairy tale castle, so sad to see it the way it is and hoping the money made from the show will help to restore it to it's former glory. Hope Mr L improves as the weeks goes on.
Apart from making my morning cereal, no real plans for today - plenty to do, but a bit of motivation needed.
Stay safe and hopes your woes disappear

hulahoop Sun 15-Nov-20 10:36:55

Very windy and set here I w/York's not a lot happening here bellypork and plenty of veg later today .I agree with you marydoll Fed up with having to think and make meals ,take care everyone .

GrannyGravy13 Sun 15-Nov-20 10:38:18

MellowYellow a beautiful painting of a very pretty little girl, such a treasured reminder of your Father.

EllanVannin Sun 15-Nov-20 10:40:16

Taichinan, that tree is lovely. I love anything like that, so cheery and welcoming with its warm light.

EllanVannin Sun 15-Nov-20 10:43:19

Yes, Grandmafrench and all, it's a lot less like Casey's court than it was grin

Kalu Sun 15-Nov-20 10:48:43

Thank you Grandmabatty. This inertia feeling is a whole new ball game for me but but I am determined to do whatever it takes to push myself forward. I’m sorry to hear you have had a bad week health wise and hope the following days find you feeling better.

Christmas is out the window for us this year Kitty. No indoor visits but I hope we can at least attempt some sort of garden visit....weather permitting. Yet another, hey ho!?‍♀️ Hope you find yourself going onwards and upwards soon. ?

Annapops Sun 15-Nov-20 10:59:41

Good morning all from a very wet County Durham.

DD2 sent me a photo of her Christmas tree yesterday, standing proudly in her dining room fully decorated. This is the girl who normally never gets around to thinking about Christmas until her school breaks up as she is so involved with Christmas plays and carol services (which will not happen this year). I think covid despair is truly getting to her, plus the fact DG1's gym and ballet lessons have to be overseen by her on zoom when she gets home each evening. This has certainly made her life more difficult.

Today a little more gift wrapping and I've also decided to order DH a new computer chair for his birthday. We like to celebrate by booking a cottage for a few days, or a trip away to a hotel. With all that is happening I refuse to take the risk, even though we are supposedly going to be out of Lockdown by that time. I can only see restrictions here remaining to be honest, as our rate continues to climb.

I hope some cheer comes your way everyone among this dreadful, dark, damp weather. Have the best day you can.

CherryCezzy Sun 15-Nov-20 11:00:02

Popping back to say that's a beautiful portrait of you a young child MellowYellow ?. Your father was very talented. There is a look in your eyes of worldliness, for such a young girl, that he captured. Your red hair is exquisite ?.

MellowYellow Sun 15-Nov-20 11:05:14

Thank you for your kind portrait comments everyone. My dad was a professional artist so I kind of took it all for granted. It wasn't till he died that, when we were dismantling his studio, I found several portraits of me.

lovingit Sun 15-Nov-20 11:06:06

good morning from a bright sunny day in Spain. At first I admit to being a bit homesick but after reading the posts about the dreary weather at home and chatting with friends there I am much better off here with my dog and good weather.

Nannytopsy Sun 15-Nov-20 11:12:42

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
Wet and windy again here in Suffolk but it should be better next week.
I almost enjoyed the first lockdown as we were so busy in the garden in all the beautiful weather and finally unpacking the last boxes. This time I am missing being able to wander up the lane, take a few photos etc because my knee is still so painful. It is frustrating because there is plenty of decorating to do and new flowerbeds to create.
Add to that the diet and the weather!! DH’s legs have stalled too - what a pair we are! Like so many here, I need a good shake!
Our first Tesco delivery this afternoon, so I cleared the fridge yesterday in preparation. At least I achieved something!
Trousers to shorten today and I must finish DGD’s jacket.
Best wishes to everyone and lots of positive vibes for us all!

HAZBEEN Sun 15-Nov-20 11:54:57

A late good morning. Its been a busy start here this morning, firstly a Tesco delivery then someone came to collect the fridge/freezer we were selling for our neighbour, and to top things off a poorly cat so I have been cleaning carpets!
I havent had a chance yet to read the thread so I will now go back and catch up with the goings on!
Until later stay safe everyone!

dragonfly46 Sun 15-Nov-20 12:03:15

Good morning (just) from sunny Leicestershire.

I too was one of the down team but the sun is shining and I have just been to the farm shop to buy eggs which were still warm so I can try poaching an egg as described elsewhere.

I am sorry to hear so many are feeling down. One day at a time - there must be a way out of this.

Pleased things are going better for you Ellan.

That's a beautiful picture of you Mellow. My DH painted a picture of me once but the less said about that the better.

Sending love to all those feeling poorly or down.

Auntieflo Sun 15-Nov-20 12:19:46

Good morning Mick, * Annie*, and all. By the time I have written this, it will be Good Afternoon.

Many thanks for all the good wishes yesterday, it did cheer me up. It's not like me really to be down, but I have been, like others who have mentioned their feelings.

The sun is now coming out, so will be bright , instead of grey and gloomy.

I was trying to remember bits from posts upthread, to comment, but my wooly brain has forgotten them now. But, I think I remember Harrigran, ( apologies if it was AN Other) saying Jojo Moyes book, wasn't as good as her others. I felt like that when I began it, but after a couple of chapters, I was hooked, and loved it.
Marydoll, buying a ready cooked meal can be such a treat. Enjoy. I recently bought a cooked chicken from Waitrose, and it gave us three good meals, that I didn't have to think too hard about.
Not sure what is for today, but there is some left over cauliflower cheese, that will go with something later.

I bought a lamp recently, that I wanted to brighten up a corner, and it has been lovely on a grey day. I will try a picture

Loved your portrait Mellow. It reminded me that many years ago, a neighbour painted mine, copied from a photo. It is somewhere at the back of a wardrobe, and I'll go and see if I can find it.

Am now waiting for a Freecycler to collect a cactus that has outgrown itself. So ? that she actually turns up today.

Remembering our Gilly, and all the GM's who are a bit down.
Have a good day one and all.
(The photo is not good in the daylight, it needs to be darker, then the shade pattern shows up. It casts lovely shadows)

LauraNorder Sun 15-Nov-20 12:21:13

Tesco delivery now wiped and stored, Eccles cake sitting waiting until I’ve eaten lunch. I added them to my order after the thread about sweet treats tempted me.
EllanV your post yesterday brought tears, so poignant. You are such a brave woman.
Your father was such a talented man Mellow, and your hair is beautiful.
Sorry that so many of you are feeling low, times are tough and life a struggle for so many at the moment. We will get past this and emerge stronger.
Look after yourselves.

LauraNorder Sun 15-Nov-20 12:23:21

Lins hope this mornings op has gone well and that Mr Lins is feeling more comfortable

farview Sun 15-Nov-20 18:04:06

lovingit...good to see that you and your dog are happy in Spain..I remember reading all about it on the travel forum a while back..Well done! ?