Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(75 Posts)
12Michael Sun 15-Nov-20 06:10:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , wet and windy this morning here in brackley .
Today , maybe a small shop, and then watch some TV , have lunch and maybe an afternoon snooze as well .
Think I may start to list the people on my xmas card list for something to do.
Take Care ,
Mick

Ashcombe Sun 15-Nov-20 06:23:16

Good morning to you all from a wet and windy Torbay. (again!)

My first thought this morning was for Lins1066 and her husband having eye surgery; I hope he is comfortable. Next for, Marydoll: I hope you continue to feel cherished by friends here.

Yesterday, I enjoyed being with my friend, helping to wrap Christmas presents. She is a rich widow with a beautiful house overlooking the bay but doesn’t feel the cold although she did put on the heating yesterday in honour of my arrival! Added to that, I haven’t yet fathomed the heater on my hire car, (note to self: must read handbook!) so, by the time I returned home, I was distinctly chilly. A good excuse to don my cosy onesie!

Today I shall hibernate and look forward to the Turkish GP for which Lewis Hamilton is not on pole! It’s on this morning, unusual for a GP within Europe.

Have the best of days, everyone and stay safe, well..........and warm!!

NanKate Sun 15-Nov-20 06:52:08

Morning Mick Ashcombe and All to follow.

Just opened the door onto the garden and it is tipping it down and is set to do so all day here in South Bucks.

Good idea Mick to revisit the Christmas card list. I shall do the same.

Fortunately for us tennis fans the Nitto ATP tournament starts in London today so the telly will be on from lunchtime. I remember years ago when my mum would turn the tv off to let it cool down,which never pleased me.

Hugs and support to our GM members who feel a bit wobbly today. 💐

Scentia Sun 15-Nov-20 07:06:24

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is still dark and still dry. I am sure the rain will come.
Off on a bike ride this morning, I will put the trailer on and collect DGS for a ride too. Let’s hope he doesn’t try to get out this time!!
I keep reading about nastiness on here and it seems everyone knows who is going to be nasty from the get go, this is so sad as this is a safe space for a lot of people and should remain so. I hope GNHQ will get it sorted.
I hope you all find time for yourselves today and have the will to have a big smile, even if it’s just to yourself!❤️😀

Kalu Sun 15-Nov-20 07:08:15

Good morning all from Glasgow where it is too dark outside to know what sort of day is ahead.

I was pleased with myself when feeling motivated enough, to stack up my summer clothes, ready to pack away. That was weeks ago, unheard of for me to leave anything that needs doing so long. I have tried vacuum bags in the past but have never found any that actually work. This time round, I bought, hopefully, better quality bags so fingers crossed, I will successfully tidy away the pile,of clothes still sitting in a corner.

Now that one lot of clothes on the pulley are dry, dark wash is next to fill the pulley again. There are only two of us here so where does all this dirty washing come from?
Once I have finished those chores, I will make up another batch of hand sanitiser.

Having actually completed some chores today will help shake off this inertia of what’s the point as I lost my mojo at some point this year. I have been feeling more onwards and downwards rather than onwards and upwards so, hoping to find my can do attitude again.

I hope everyone has a pleasant Sunday whatever you have planned and for those who are struggling through with worries, I hope you have a better day.
Love to gilly.

Beechnut Sun 15-Nov-20 07:16:13

Good Morning everyone from a wet and windy Severnside. It’s looking very grey out there. ☹️

A good job with your kitchen helper Scentia. You’ve saved many precious pennies.

I would like to add paint to my air dry clay thing today. It’s had plenty of time to dry. I should get some fresh air in my lungs as it was an indoor day yesterday.

There are many worries so thinking of you all 🌺

Kalu Sun 15-Nov-20 07:22:50

I agree with you Scentia. So much nastiness now, so much so that another lovely long-standing member has left. I have joined some nasty threads to offer support to a member blatantly being got at which resulted in me being reprimanded by GNHQ twice for my efforts, whilst the nastiness is allowed to continue.

Nanabanana1 Sun 15-Nov-20 07:33:20

Good morning everyone from a grey and damp Torbay, the wind seems to have dropped thank goodness.
Carrying on with the decorating today, nearly finished for now and then I can concentrate on getting things ready for Christmas.
Wishing everyone as good a day as possible xx

GrannyGravy13 Sun 15-Nov-20 07:35:12

Good morning Mick

We have torrential rain and high winds here in S E Essex. I purchased two pretty pots of assorted winter flowers for my patio table I am not sure what state they will be in after this weather?

I must rouse myself out of my current gloom and put a smile on my face, GrandpaGravy must be fed up with looking at grumpy me!!!!

I might write a few more Christmas cards 🎄

scentia you are very talented 👏

Thinking of poorly and troubled Goodmorningers thanks

Keep safe and well folks 🙋‍♀️

mumofmadboys Sun 15-Nov-20 07:35:14

Good morning all! Hope everyone has a peaceful and happy Sunday. I have Zoom church this morning and must hoover the house . It desperately needs it! Thinking of those with worries or illnesses to contend with.

Bellasnana Sun 15-Nov-20 07:40:31

Good morning from Malta where we have had rain overnight. My plants already look restored from the downpour. Not sure if there will be more but no matter as I shall be staying home and watching the tennis like NanKate.

Kalu I sympathise with your feelings. Some days just feel more difficult than others to put on a brave face.flowers

Hope everyone manages to have the best day possible.☀️

Sar53 Sun 15-Nov-20 07:43:59

Good morning everyone from a very wet and windy Essex by the sea. It is absolutely horrible outside and still so dark. I don't think we will be going far today.
I had a lovely long Zoom call with my youngest daughter yesterday and briefly saw my two granddaughters. It was so nice to chat face to face if you know what I mean.
Then later DH's eldest daughter Facetime called and we saw the 3 year old twins and their 6 year old brother.
We watched a very sobering film last night set in the trenches of the 1st WW. How brave those young men were.
Roast gammon later and the Grand Prix to catch up with.
Hugs to all those with worries and sadness flowers.
Have the best Sunday you can and stay safe everyone xx

cornergran Sun 15-Nov-20 07:44:50

Morning Mick, morning All. Wet and windy sums up our corner of Somerset. Off to the tip if we get a dry spell otherwise an indoor day for us. Sorting the Christmas card list sounds a good plan otherwise some gentle drawer tidying I think. Roast beef with lots of veg and apple crumble later. Hoping Mr Lins and marydoll are comfortable this morning and all with worries of any kind find some brightness in the day. Take care.

Pantglas2 Sun 15-Nov-20 07:46:07

Morning all from a blowy north Wales where DH has kindly brought the chamberpot ☕️and is now trotting for a newspaper 🗞 - what a ⭐️ I shall reward him later with a sausage butty!

Marvellous handiwork Scentia and I seem to have missed the nastiness on a couple of threads - not good if people leave GN is it?

Best wishes for a peaceful Sunday for all with worries and unwell and full speed ahead for Mr Lins!

Grammaretto Sun 15-Nov-20 07:53:07

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Calm after a wild and windy night. I hardly slept.
Such a shame about nasty posts. I have only noticed one contentious reply to something i said and didn't rise to the bait.
I think some people just love to argue and don't know how to put a point of view without putting others down.

I shall deliver a 60th birthday present to Sis in Law today without stopping.

The family quiz last night had 3 questions on cycling. I thought of our Mick as I got them all wrong. wink

Hoping everyone has a good day.
Special thoughts for those with big worries or in pain.

NannyJan53 Sun 15-Nov-20 07:56:16

Good Morning from a brighter Sunday, after torrential rain yesterday.

We had our celebratory meal last night, but I have to say, I was not too impressed by the Mussels NanKate, at least I can say I tried them once smile

We visited Mum yesterday afternoon. Planning to go for a walk with her, but the heavens opened as we arrived. So no walk.

Thank you to all who wished my other half well on his retirement. Seeing as he has been on furlough since April, it didn't seem any different.

Wishing you all a good day, with special thoughts to all who are struggling at the moment.

Gingster Sun 15-Nov-20 07:58:19

Oh my goodness, you’re right Grannygravy , it is tipping it down here in Essex. I’m having my cuppa , sitting in the conservatory and we have at least three leaks. I’ve put bowls and towels down. Little pooch is oblivious and snoozing away. The problem is as soon as it stops raining , we can’t see where the rain is coming in, so DH leaves it 😤. Until the next time. ! He’s still doing his Rip Van Winkle impression In bed.

Well done Scentia what a great idea. I haven’t seen these towers and they would have been great when my GC were small. They were always wobbling and falling off of chairs when helping with the baking etc. . You’re a clever granny!

We have smallest GD for a few hours today as mum has been called in to work. She’s always been hard work but now she’s 5 and a delight. Loves baking, crafting, reading . She’s a bright little spark and I always think these children are more demanding.
So we will have a busy time and I’ll be exhausted when she has gone. 😂😢

I made brownies and florentine biscuits yesterday (spurred in by Mellow. ( it was you, wasn’t it?) . Well the Florentines turned out well, but the brownies are more like cake and very dry. 😫. I’d used a different recipe. Always a bad decision.!

I love my onesie Ashcombe . I have it on now. 😍 so cosy!

Well I hope everyone has a pleasant day, despite the weather.☔️☔️☔️

Pittcity Sun 15-Nov-20 07:58:42

Good morning from Colchester where it is dark with torrential rain at present.
No plans today apart from roast lamb for dinner.

MellowYellow Sun 15-Nov-20 08:02:26

Good morning from a drizzly but lovely fresh south Cornwall. I've been watching Thomas the Tank Engine as I was awake so early. What an admission!

The photo is a portrait my dad did of me when I was 5 or 6. I'd forgotten all about it and have just found it tucked away in my work room. So precious.

Kalu funnily enough I bought some vacuum bags yesterday. I don't have a vacuum with a hose so I bought some with a gadget which sucks out the air. Brilliant, a real space-saver in my dinky flat.

No idea what today will bring. Have borrowed a load of new sheet music from the library so may tackle that. Then there's a giant jigsaw to puzzle over. And I may take a walk to the town beach again... choices, choices. smile

Have the best of days everyone.

brook2704 Sun 15-Nov-20 08:03:34

Good morning everyone from Inverness - I can just see from my bedroom window that it’s dry but with some grey clouds looking like they’re heading this way
Yesterday I met DD2 in town and we started on the long Christmas shopping list that she had. It was mainly browsing and looking for ideas for gifts. I didn’t get much of my own shopping done but she made a good start and I enjoyed the day. We’re fortunate here that our shops remain open so I’m trying to limit the online shopping as much as I can to support the smaller businesses.
Sorry to hear there’s been so much nastiness on GN recently that’s resulted in posters leaving - such a shame that this happens. Thank goodness we’ve got this lovely kind supportive thread - thank you mick for starting this each day.
Hoping everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care whatever the day brings 💐

Kalu Sun 15-Nov-20 08:06:26

Thank you Bellasnana. Plodding through this unknown territory can defeat even the strongest of characters when we suddenly have a wobble. Hope you are well and being kept busy with catch up chats with your precious GD. How the years have flown. 🌻

Nortsat Sun 15-Nov-20 08:17:41

Good morning Mick and the GM team from a wet east London.

I am not feeling too good today. I think we’ll just have a simple supper of steak and salad, so not much cooking.

Sending good wishes to MrL for steady progress and hope Marydoll had a better night. Good morning to gilly.
Have a pleasant day all.
💐💐 as it’s Sunday.

Lins1066 Sun 15-Nov-20 08:19:21

Good morning Mick and all. Mr Lins had a rather uncomfortable night. He spent most yesterday at the Eye hospital in Bristol, he could have stayed the night but chose to come home. He was the only patient in a four bed ward. They removed the fluid behind the eye and he will go back this morning for 10am.
Thank you all for your good wishes, I will record the GP for him Ashcombe as I didn't know that it was on this morning, how odd. Hope everyone will have a pleasant and peaceful day, but above all stay safe.

Nortsat Sun 15-Nov-20 08:21:32

Popped back to say what a lovely portrait Mellow.
It’s rather pre Raphaelite.
Your hair is beautifully painted.
How talented.
A precious find, indeed.

Marydoll Sun 15-Nov-20 08:22:10

Good morning all from a miserable Glasgow.

Glad to say I'm feeling a bit more upbeat, thanks to all your kind words, but sorry to hear my neighbour Kalu is a bit down.
It's exhausting trying to support our GN friends and protecting them from the nasties and there has been a lot of that recently.

I got such a shock last night when I watched our online church service. I heard that two parishioners, whom I know well had died. I have become so out of touch.
Our former Parish Priest, a good friend is also very ill with Covid. It's all quite distressing.

No real plans, I have done something I never do, we are having pre bought Sunday dinner, barbecue chicken. Every Sunday, I spend hours on Sunday dinner, but I'm fed up cooking. Why do I feel a little guilty?

MellowYellow, I have used the same brownie recipe for years, but recently found one in my Bero Recipe book. The Brownies were delicious, so I shall be sticking to that.

Scentia, what a talented lady you are! When we were first married I tried to build a kitchen unit from MDF, cut with a hand saw. It turned out like the Leaning Tower of Pisa!!!

Hoping Auntiflo is improving and sending healing thoughts to all our missing posters, including GrandMattie.

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday.