Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(77 Posts)
12Michael Mon 16-Nov-20 06:10:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark looks like its rained again ,and cold out as well .
Today , later this morning pick up my prescriptions from thr chemist .
And after lunch , I will stand in the main street ,and wait for a funeral cortege to pass to pay my respects to someone who has known from being a kid.
After that snooze ,and watch TV .
Take Care,
Mick

Elizabeth1 Mon 16-Nov-20 08:03:27

Good morning everyone from a windy east coast of Fife I’ve no idea if it’s wet out. The new windows are making a real difference to reducing the traffic noise. These dark curtains are still closed however I do see a ray of daylight peeping through . I’m hoping dh takes me to the local McDonald’s this morning to bring home a lunch where all 3 of us will be watching wee Ns briefing hoping for improvement in Fifes update these numpties better be daeing as they’re telt I want to go to Aberdeen again beginning Dec. We all received delivery yesterday from a dear friend of a chocolate cake which is partially devoured already, sadly it’s a wee bit heavier than the sponge cake she previously made. Never mind it’ll still get eaten. Food is about all we focus on at the moment. Marydoll I’ll be thinking of you today when you go for your injection and I’ll be thinking of you too Mick standing at the side of the road with your own thoughts and memories waiting for a funeral procession to pass by. flowers hugs all around to those who are anxious and wondering what’s going to hit them next remember we’ll get through this together, it’ll end at some point.smile

Pittcity Mon 16-Nov-20 08:05:18

Good morning from a grey, breezy and chilly Colchester.
A day of admin and decluttering today. I already have quite a pile of excess stuff to sell/give away.
Just crossed another day of Lockdown off the calendar!!
Love to all xx

Grandmabatty Mon 16-Nov-20 08:08:05

Good morning All. It's cold and damp in Polmont this morning. I'm at dgs ready to drive to my house. The boy loves going in the car. Susan56, Kittylester and Marydoll, we are quads! I'm not sure what we'll get up to today. Have to go as his lordship is demanding the car. I'll drop in later

ginny Mon 16-Nov-20 08:09:37

Good Morning.
Looks like the weather is trying to brighten up and if it does I’ll do a bit of pottering in the garden. In particular sweeping leaves
I have booked myself on a couple of on line art classes. I wonder how they will go ?
DH has to drop his Mother at the hospital for an appointment which they say might take up to 3 hours. He is wondering how to occupy himself while waiting.
Bits and pieces to do otherwise yams then I’ll retreat to my craft room.
Good wishes to those feeling sad or poorly. Hope everyone finds a ? along the way.

Nannytopsy Mon 16-Nov-20 08:09:53

Quads! My mum could be very difficult at times ?.
Good morning Mick and all his followers from Suffolk. It was a glorious clear morning but now the heavy clouds are appearing. We are at DS’s for the school run so I hope the rain holds off for a bit.
Hope your injection goes well Marydoll - are they helping you?
Best wishes to everyone

Sar53 Mon 16-Nov-20 08:21:00

Good morning from a damp and dismal looking Essex by the sea.
Yesterday started off exceedingly wet but by the afternoon the sun briefly appeared. The waves along the seafront were crashing over the sea wall.
I will be making our Christmas cake today, I've had the fruit soaking since Friday. Fingers crossed it's edible!!!
A sad day Mick, take care.
So sorry to hear that the black dog came to call Grandmattie, I do know what that feels like. I'm sending you flowers and a virtual hug xx.
I hope you all have the best Monday possible, love to all xx

Gingster Mon 16-Nov-20 08:21:02

Good morning from a slightly brighter Essex. Yesterday morning was dreadful with torrential rain and a leaky conservatory roof. DH will have to go round it with sealant today as it’s dry with no rain forecast. ?.

We had youngest DGD yesterday and we had such fun. Crafting most of the day and then reading and ‘school’ work. I’m amazed how these little ones learn so quickly. She only started reception in September. All due to her lovely teachers who make it so exciting and fun. (Mummy spends a lot of time ‘doing’ with her too. )

DH has had an appointment at last to have the top of his ear sliced off. Been waiting all year and now he has to go on his birthday. DS1 will take him and it’s his birthday too (born on his dads 24th birthday, six weeks prem. ). They always spend their birthday together, so will have a jolly time at the hospital. ??.

A nice walk through the woods today with little pooch and left over chicken for tea. What to do with it? ?. Might just have it cold with a jacket potato and salad.

Susan - mums can be meddlesome. Mine was, at times. I just hope I haven t inherited her genes. Just let it go!

Good luck dragonfly with the treatment and Marydoll with your injection. Hopefully making you better .

Scentia what is YP? ??

Have a good day, all. ???

dragonfly46 Mon 16-Nov-20 08:23:44

Grandmatty flowers

Scentia Mon 16-Nov-20 08:26:17

Gingster goodness only knows, I meant to write the word to!!!

Gingster Mon 16-Nov-20 08:27:59

Oh ok Scentia I’ve been racking my brain ??

Susan56 Mon 16-Nov-20 08:32:15

Thank you for all the supportive comments re my mum.I feel better for knowing I’m not the only one although sorry so many of you totally get it because of your own experiences.

Lins, I hope all goes well at the eye clinic today.

Grandmattie?

NanKate Mon 16-Nov-20 08:32:44

Morning Mick, welcome back grandMattie ? and All.

Grey cool day in South Bucks.

I’m glad Mick that you can show your respects to your acquaintance of many years.

My right leg wouldn’t go to sleep last night so I found myself at 1.00am glugging down a paracetamol, buying a book on Kindle and reading the first chapter. No wonder I look like something the cat dragged in this morning, as my dear old mum would have said.

bellasnana ???????

cornergran Mon 16-Nov-20 08:34:19

Morning Mick, morning All from a grey and gloomy corner of Somerset. On with our task list today and if there’s a dry spell a walk, being indoors for any length of time doesn’t agree with either of us A sad day for you Mick, good luck with that injection marydoll and your treatment dragonfly. I hope you can soon be reunited with your partner MissChateline, good luck wishes on their way to Mr Lins and to anyone else with medical ‘stuff’ today. That black dog is never welcome grandMattie, hang on in there, good to see you here. Take care everyone in this weird, stressful world.

NannyJan53 Mon 16-Nov-20 08:35:06

Good Morning from a mild but cloudy Black Country.

I have a Zoom meeting of my U3A canal group today at 10am, then no real plans. Usually we would be going for a lovely canalside walk somewhere.

I too feel rather despondent lately, especially when FB come up with messages of past family gatherings etc. I cannot even contemplate Christmas yet. Gentle hug to Grandmattie, we will get there flowers

Wishing Dragonfly well today with treatment, and hoping Marydoll that your day improves and you feel more like your usual self. I am always so in awe how you cope, and be able to be mainly upbeat.

Wishing you all a good day and flowers too all feeling down.

Gelisajams Mon 16-Nov-20 08:49:57

Good morning from a now dry windy Morecambe Bay.
Marydoll featured in my dreams last night as a very efficient nurse!
I think health problems are preying on my mind as DH has his consultant calling later. 2 GC are back in COVID isolation from close contacts at school. Is there an end to this?
Anyway onward and upward, there is washing to be done and a couple of birthday gifts to sort out. So glad of Moonpig at the moment.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Marydoll Mon 16-Nov-20 08:55:31

Marydoll I can understand you thinking I was efficient, but are you not sure bossy would be a better description! grin

Alygran Mon 16-Nov-20 08:57:31

Good morning from North Yorkshire where it is bright and very breezy. Washing on so I hope to get it dry outside.
Bits of admin to do today for my charity and I must get out for a walk.
Hope all those with worries and troubles have a better day.
Take care everyone and stay safe.

Anniebach Mon 16-Nov-20 08:58:21

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

harrigran Mon 16-Nov-20 09:05:59

Good morning from a bright NE but we have gale force winds which made for a noisy night.
Another painful day for DH yesterday, can only get some ease if he lies flat in bed.
I was getting into bed last night when my phone pinged and it was DS to tell me that the washing machine had died. I can not believe the number of machines they have had, I have been married 53 years and only had four.
The family seem pre-programmed to off load to mum and leave me to worry overnight while they sleep.
Admin work today, closed a bank account and they refused to electronically transfer money, they have sent me a cheque. I have not been to our town centre since January never mind to a bank. I expected better in the present circumstances.
Still battling to get refunds for goods that did not arrive, they insist they sent them therfore I must have received them confused

Grandmafrench Mon 16-Nov-20 09:16:07

Good Morning everyone. We’re promised a blue and sun-filled fortnight starting today. But the sun can’t seem to get going - or to even know if it’s coming or going at the mo’.......bit like me ?‍♀️ today. So, no plans, I shall just crack on until I have powered through (that’s a ? laugh!) a few chores and be in the mood for great achievements. Possibly. I certainly have lots to do in the house this week.

GrandMattie you never need to explain to us lot. We’re there for you always. I think it’s possibly worse if you’re fit and well and housed and fed and not stressing over anything specific - because you then feel bad that others have problems so much worse, so you feel ‘ashamed’. Black dog situations don’t work like that, do they. Please be especially kind and patient ..with you! Take your time. We’re all wobbling and wavering by turns and so we all understand. No need ever to try to explain, but please don’t vanish so we just keep fretting, the odd thumbs up will be more than enough to stop all that. Meanwhile, please feel better, brighter, stronger, soon. Thinking of you, and sending you many smiles, a hug and endless ??????????

You’d have quite a turnout at your MeddlesomeMums Refuge, I should think, Susan (and the gang). You must know that you’re a seriously nice person - so let it all float past you. Far too busy to give it a thought? ?

All those with medical “doings” today, best of luck - starting with you, dragonfly and ending down the line with poor Mr Gingster’s ear.......and everyone in between. Get well again, all.

Sun’s now settled in the sky and is beaming down on me in a kindly way, possibly muttering “shift yourself, Madam, you’re not here to have a good time!” ?. So, I’m off to achieve - well that’s what I’m telling myself. Report back tomorrow.
Until then stay safe. Find a smile and take care.
Hugs from French ?? France

Greyduster Mon 16-Nov-20 09:23:25

Good morning Michael and all GNs. The sun is poking through in South Yorkshire and it looks reasonably calm. It bucked the forecast yesterday and we had a nice clear day so went out for a walk with DD. GS was supposed to walk with grandad but he went running with a friend instead, which was fine - more important than trundling along with us. He gave us his Christmas list yesterday?! I’ll need a gun to go with my mask as I think we may have to rob a bank! “Hand up your sticks and gimme the money!” Anyone remember that Kenneth Williams sketch? Have a good safe day folks!

Grandmafrench Mon 16-Nov-20 09:26:30

greyduster ??

MellowYellow Mon 16-Nov-20 09:30:40

Good morning from a blue-skyed south Cornwall. Scentia and Gingster I didn't like to ask what YP was because I struggle with all the shortenings and assume everyone else knows them! Ha ha.

Woke up this morning with Escape to the Chateau filling my head. Must get a life.

To M&S for food today, then a walk on the pier. Thinking of you Mick. I stood on the pavement recently watching a carriage drawn by plumed black horses, with the coffin of a homeless man who lived in a church doorway near me. I cried buckets. I miss him, we always had interesting chats. (His family sorted the funeral - there was such a turnout for it.)

The best of days to you all.

Lins1066 Mon 16-Nov-20 09:36:52

Hope things go well for your husband today Gingster, not the best way to spend a birthday bless him. A Happy birthday to both your boys today.

Urmstongran Mon 16-Nov-20 09:37:46

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga where we have a beautiful day forecast ?

We had heavy gtey clouds yesterday which affected the stupid WiFi signal. We don’t pay for broadband (because we don’t live here - we pay for that at home and I’m too mean to pay double!). Himself managed intermittent signal to watch the Grand Prix but the transmission kept freezing.

We are going to walk to the Carrefour to buy new pillows and have a coffee. We can’t go into Arroyo as that’s in a different municipality - past the river bed!

I shall read all your posts later today as I’m so late today ha!

Hope Monday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x