Gransnet forums

Chat

Vegetarian cook ahead meal idea please

(9 Posts)
Lucca Tue 17-Nov-20 22:13:23

Want to take a vegetarian meal to my family that I can cook here first and heat up . I’m not the worlds finest in the kitchen....
Any nice recipes ? For three adults

Missfoodlove Tue 17-Nov-20 22:21:54

A lasagne made with Quorn mince and loads of diced peppers, onions, carrot and celery.
Tastes better for being made in advance.

Riverwalk Tue 17-Nov-20 22:24:43

Aubergine parmigiana - so many recipes for this. Try Jamie Oliver's, Waitrose, BBC.

BBC

Hithere Tue 17-Nov-20 23:06:54

Watch out with Quorn products, they dont always agree with everybody's stomach.

NotSpaghetti Tue 17-Nov-20 23:27:31

Another vote for Aubergine Parmigiana - but just beware if they are vegetarian they won't eat parmesan because it can only be made with calf rennet. You can get vegetarian sort-of parmesan though. It's sometimes called "Italian style hard cheese".

suziewoozie Tue 17-Nov-20 23:28:06

Rose Eliots Beany Goulash - I serve it with garlic bread which can be prepared in advance. From the Bean Book

vegansrock Wed 18-Nov-20 01:18:40

Well if they like spicy food there’s loads of options, butternut squash and chick pea tagine with couscous, black bean chilli with rice, loads of curries - cashew nut curry with coconut rice, alloo saag, dahl, cauliflower and potato etc etc The Bosh book is good, though all their recipes are online. Make them the day before and they taste even better.

Lucca Wed 18-Nov-20 01:34:56

Thank you everyone ! Think I’m sorted

M0nica Wed 18-Nov-20 08:32:20

So many, I do not know where to begin - and I am not a vegetarian.

In this cold miserable weather, what about mushroom and chestnut hotpot? Ingredients: 8 oz mushrooms, 1 small onion, Clove garlic, stock cube, 3 oz cooked chestnuts, 1 tbsp tomato puree, splash of red wine, bay leaf, thyme leaves.

Fry chopped mushrooms, garlic and onion for about 10 minutes. Add chopped chestnuts, stock cube and water as needed, wine, tomato puree and herbs. Simmer for 10 minutes. These quantities are for 2 so you can increase the ingredients to meet the number required. it is a gorgeously 'meaty' stew on a cold day.