Gransnet forums

Chat

Karma?

(111 Posts)
MissAdventure Wed 18-Nov-20 12:49:23

Do you believe that "what goes around, comes around"?

Is it just the consequences of our actions that catch up with us, naturally, or is there a more organised system of ensuring people reap what they sow?

Or, is it a load of twaddle?

MissAdventure Thu 19-Nov-20 20:40:15

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. flowers

Blossoming Thu 19-Nov-20 21:03:48

Wishing your daughter is soon on the mend ❤️

tictacnana Thu 19-Nov-20 21:40:49

To Thisiyname1953 My thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

Hetty58 Thu 19-Nov-20 22:03:57

I'd like to think that 'what goes around comes around' and, just sometimes, it does. I believe that it's a thought rooted in our instinctive wish for fairness and balance in life.

When you see reality, though, there's no evidence of it. Anything attributed to it is pure chance.

Florida12 Fri 20-Nov-20 00:24:23

I believe in the 5th Law of Karma, Responsibility, (cause and effect).

Whatdayisit Fri 20-Nov-20 06:42:29

Thisismyname1953 sending you hugs and best wishes to you and your family. Hope your daughter can recover quickly

If it's karma for past life deeds i must have been Adolf Hitler. 1 child paralysed at 18 another struck down with the most horrendous mental health diagnosis.
I think what Glenn Hoddle said was absolutely disgusting. Are children with cancer really paying the price of a past life?

Laughterlines Fri 20-Nov-20 07:45:36

I had a bad neighbour years ago. I was an old lady he was a Youngish big fellow. He made lots of alterations to his house to my detriment including stealing a part of my garden. He sold his house but searches revealed that he didn’t have necessary documentation and permissions. He was taken to court and got a criminal record and subsequently inland revenue got on his case. Karma.

Alexa Fri 20-Nov-20 08:57:43

Karma is superstition.
Effects of causes are chaotic . 'You reap what you sow' applies in cases of long term planning such as planting trees for your children and grandchildren, or tolerating hard work or serious studying for deferred benefits.

Many good actions are unseen and unrecorded , and many evil acts are rewarded.

BelindaB Fri 20-Nov-20 15:11:11

I absolutely and utterly believe in Karma and I've seen it work over and over again.

I tell peope again and again - don't give yourself ulcers because someone has done something evil to you and/or yours. If you are a good person who never consciously does anyone harm or hurt, life will always, always catch up with them.

And I also beleive that those people never, ever, know true happiness.

Alexa Fri 20-Nov-20 15:16:35

I too feel confirmation bias.

"The tendency to search for, interpret, focus on and remember information in a way that confirms one's preconceptions."