Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(84 Posts)
12Michael Fri 27-Nov-20 06:13:00

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry and cold outside , if forecast is right , expecting to see fog when its lighter here in Brackley .
Today , will catch bus up to the new Sainsburys in the town later and do my shop.
With theses new levels in 2 when it happens , being on a beer related email group , reports as to pubs being only able to meals with a drink , taking away the social leisure of just going for a drink , it will sales as well .
Take Care ,
Mick

EllanVannin Fri 27-Nov-20 08:14:16

Good Morning All x.
Don't know what it's doing out as I only opened the patio door enough to let the cats out but it smells cold.
Woke up when I heard the living room clock chiming, as I normally turn the chime down but forgot, so I didn't know what time it was. Anyway, it was 7 so that was fine.

Well I'm at a total loss of what to do about GD----she's " hit the bottle ". This is the one who lost her partner this year. D rang me yesterday to tell me that she'd had a row with her and of course I was fuming about it myself. GD had been counselled by the mental health team when she'd suffered a breakdown and now she's undone all that.

The situation is dire really as all the children were " farmed out " at the time with D having 3 of them, the 3 younger ones in foster care and of course Ruby-Lou in Durham. GD is pining for the children but she can't have them when she's sozzled----a catch 22 situation. I could go mad but at the same time I feel helpless as to what to do.

D has already got a houseful and also has the builders in altering the inside of her house. GD is in her own place and her dad has been staying on and off but he's useless.
I can see me having to phone the adult mental health team and telling them before she ends up at the point of no return.

Granted, I'm thinking of myself in all this as I shouldn't be enduring this at my time of life, she's turned 36 for goodness sake and should pull herself together and think of the children, all healthy and happy. This is when I can't understand people turning to drink, it's a killer.

Sorry for putting a dampener on things but everyone's gone out of their way to help and this is what you get.

Anyway, enough about my moans as there's Beauregard who's just lost her brother flowers and GrandMattie who's keeping her DGD going with custom-made underwear for the little one and Gilly who had her worries and concerns. You tend to think that things only happen to yourself.

Take care and stay safe everyone.xx Keep warm if you're out and about.

dragonfly46 Fri 27-Nov-20 08:15:40

Good morning it is looking relatively bright here in Leicestershire.

It really upset me hearing we will be in tier 3 next week. I don’t really know why but it feels like this will never end and it is impossible to make plans.

So sorry for to hear about your brother Beauregarde such a shock for you flowers.

You are so clever GrandMattie it is so good to feel useful isn’t it?

I am going to make a start on the chaos in the garage today - if I don’t post tomorrow I am lost under a pile of rubbish!

dragonfly46 Fri 27-Nov-20 08:18:42

Oh Ellan so sorry to hear your news. What a worry for you all flowers.

grandMattie Fri 27-Nov-20 08:21:28

Oh, Ellan, how I feel for you. Falling off the wagon is absolutely dreadful. I suspect that GD is in a morass of shame. My father was a functional alcoholic so I know all about that...
Marydoll, I hope you take your own advice and rest, rest, rest!
Beauregard, I’m so sorry for your loss. Be prepared to be ambushed by emotion, be kind to yourself.
Everyone else, I’m sorry if I haven’t commented about your troubles, but please know that you are much in my thoughts. ❤️

12Michael Fri 27-Nov-20 08:25:08

I forget to mention earlier Brackley Town Football wise are playing at the Wirral at Tranmere tonight on TV at 730pm in the FA Cup .
Mick

Bellasnana Fri 27-Nov-20 08:37:50

Good morning everyone. It’s a sunny start to the day here in Malta.

I’m so sorry to read that your brother has died, Beauregard. It is hard to lose a sibling.?

Sorry you are worried about your DGD, EllanV. I can understand how helpless you must be feeling and only hope a solution can be found.

Well done with your sewing grandMattie. You are very skillful with your needle.

Glad you are making progress Elizabeth. Sorry you were feeling poorly Nortsat, hope today is better for you.

Safe travels Urmston. I shall miss you being in the same time zone as me!? (the Panache’s are regulars in Soop’s kitchen)

Marydoll you make me feel bone idle with all you manage to accomplish and while you aren’t feeling too good as well.?

I’m off for my weekly wash and blow dry, then meeting a friend for lunch. We have not met up for a year with all the restrictions, but we should be ok sitting outside. I crave someone to chat to so I expect we will have a lot of catching up to do.

I had better get a move on. Sending best wishes to you all and special thoughts for those who have too much to handle at the moment.☀️☀️

Stilllearning Fri 27-Nov-20 08:39:37

Morning from S Lanarkshire, very grey here today. Condolences Beauregard on the loss of your brother.
Safe journey Urmstongran, you will be so glad to see your family and reassure yourself all is well.
I am planning to ‘get my head straight’ today re Christmas, work out what I have, what’s ordered but not here yet and start card/letter writing. Lists coming on, they always make me feel better!
Hope everyone had a good day.

HAZBEEN Fri 27-Nov-20 08:44:14

Good morning everyone, for once I am up with the larks and feeling full of energy! Don't know how long that will last!
Thank you for your kind thoughts Marydoll.
Beauregard I am so sorry to hear about your Brother. EV sorry to hear your bad news as well.
GrandMattie you are clever!
Well I have a washing load done, bread made, papers read, told you I was full of energy today! Oh and I forgot to say OH has a job on today (first for a couple of weeks) so I have an "empty"!
Stay safe everyone, hugs and best wishes for all that need them!

Alygran Fri 27-Nov-20 08:45:01

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s bright this morning so will make an effort to get into the garden later and do some tidying up. Food shop first. I have a slot booked at 9.30.
Beauregarde condolences. Be kind to yourself. You too Ellan, it’s hard to watch your family struggle.
Great work Grandmattie.
Safe travels Urmston.
Hope today is kind to everyone.

Nannytopsy Fri 27-Nov-20 08:53:02

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
I am another list maker Stilllearning - it’s so satisfying to tick things off.
Suffolk is very foggy this morning but nothing like the Black Country smogs of my childhood.
Safe journey Urmston and best wishes to Ellanvannin.
DH has to have the root of a tooth removed today and he is not looking forward to it one bit.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Grandmabatty Fri 27-Nov-20 08:56:13

Good morning All. It's brightening up in Polmont. Still cloudy but some blue. Beauregard my condolences on the loss of your brother. EllanVannin I'm sorry that your dgd is struggling so badly and the knock on effects on the family. Urmston safe journey home. Marydoll please just rest and let your dh sort the shopping. ? To all those who need them
I'm having a visit from dgs and dd this morning. He's going for a haircut and then dd wants to borrow my kitchenaid big machine as she has 6 orders for Christmas cupcakes. This is on top of her normal job. She's such a hard worker and really talented and creative. I've erected the tepee I bought for dgs as he loves hiding so we'll see if it's a success. Then I need to pick up my prescription which is a couple of days overdue. I also have to get my present list sorted as they are sitting in the dining room at the moment. I will write cards too. I usually do them all at once to get it done but not usually this early! Then a quiet afternoon awaits. Have a good day all.

NannyJan53 Fri 27-Nov-20 08:56:26

Good morning from a cloudy but dry Black Country.

I wrote all my Christmas cards yesterday, so one job off the list.

Off to Mums today, and on the way back leave a get well card and bunch of flowers for my friend who is recovering from Covid! She was in the acute ward for 5 days!. Obviously it will be a knock on the door, and leave in the porch.

Sincere condolences Beauregard flowers

Sorry you are having family struggles EV I sincerely hope your DGD receives the help she so badly needs.

Have a good journey back Urmston it will a shock to the system to be back in the cold! It will be lovely for you to be near your family though.

Wishing you all a good Friday, with special thoughts of gilly

Susan56 Fri 27-Nov-20 08:57:47

Good morning from Shropshire where it’s a dry and chilly start.

Condolences on the loss of your brother Beauregard?

Grandmattie, the knickers look great??

I set myself a target to walk 100 miles a month this year.I have completed November’s miles a few days early so can take it easy for a few days?although saying that we are looking after H today and school pick up for DGD later so will probably clock up a few steps today!

Hope you had a better night Cherry and that your WP is recovering after his trip to A and E?

Ellan, I am so sorry to hear your about your granddaughter.You have all had such a lot to deal with.I think your idea to contact some outside help is a good one as early intervention is going to be crucial i her getting the children back.It really is a catch22 situation.Thinking of you all?

Take it easy Marydoll?

Have the best day you can everyone and take care?

Anniebach Fri 27-Nov-20 09:01:02

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

GrannyGravy13 Fri 27-Nov-20 09:04:10

Good morning Mick and all

I am feeling very sorry for myself this morning but, after reading of all the worries on here I need to buck my ideas up as my Gran would say.

Beauregard sorry to hear that your DB has died, thanks be gentle on yourself.

EV your GD must be in a very dark place, I do hope that she can recover.

GM what about Harem Pants for your GD, they would accommodate the cage and made pretty with sparkles and pretty ties at the ankles.

Marydoll I wonder why we feel so guilty when we do nothing, even if it is prescribed?

Urmstongran wishing you a safe and hassle free journey, wrap up as the temperature is dropping here. ✈️

One of our GC is now isolating as there was a case of Covid in their bubble. The school has no pupils in till next week when the first affected bubble returns. They have FaceTimed me this morning looking so sad and already bored.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

hollysteers Fri 27-Nov-20 09:20:18

Good morning Mick and all from the Screeching Gull on the Lancashire coast. Brackley looks a really nice place Mick. I used to spend my long school holidays in Oxfordshire not far away, such beautiful countryside.
Off to the bank after unsuccessfully trying to photo and post cheques online, then food shopping.
Watched a programme on Kenneth Williams last night, I had forgotten how hilarious he was, what a talent!

Ashcombe Fri 27-Nov-20 09:25:10

A late start here in a sunny but cold Torbay.

I was sad to read of Beauregard’s loss (but lovely to have your DGS to lift your spirits) and the worrying turn of events with EllanVannin's GD. My late sister was an alcoholic so I understand your sadness and frustration. I hope support can be found.

As someone with few domestic skills, grandMattie, I’m most impressed with the novel nix and your plans for other outfits.

Marydoll do take care of yourself with so many reasons to be busy.

Wishing everyone a day with something to make you smile.

EllanVannin Fri 27-Nov-20 09:25:56

Thank you all x
For two pins I could burst into tears but I must stay strong or I won't be any use to anyone. This has knocked me sideways as it was always something I read about and used to tut at.

Safe journey to Urmston x Wrap up warm.

NanKate Fri 27-Nov-20 09:26:56

Ellan what a truly dreadful situation and yes you shouldn’t have all these worries in your retirement. I sometimes think those who are causing the family upset have no conception of how their misery filters out to the rest of the family. My sister is married to an alcoholic so I know how awful it can be. ?

Daddima Fri 27-Nov-20 09:27:37

Good morning all from the cold and dreich. Beauregard my condolences on losing your brother. Death of a sibling is really hard.
* Ellanvanin* that is sad news about your granddaughter, but if she has suffered a loss it’s maybe understandable she has fallen off the wagon. She has also,in effect, lost her children, so ‘pulling herself together’ is probably easier said than done. Urmstongran have a nice journey back to the cold, and, Grandmattie, your knickers are lovely!
I think sloth will be my deadly sin of choice today, as Mr Iceland is calling later to help with tomorrow’s choice, which will be gluttony. I suggest Marydoll, and anyone else who feels inclined joins me. Mick, I’m sure Mr Sainsbury could help if you plump ( see what I did there?) for gluttony!

Happy Friday.

Greyduster Fri 27-Nov-20 09:33:20

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. My goodness I’m late today! We both slept badly for some reason. It’s a clear day in South Yorkshire but cold. Our two new sofas arrived yesterday and look very smart but I felt sorry for the delivery men who had to trek round three sides of the house and bring them in through the conservatory as there was not enough room to manoeuvre at the front. They had also had to get the old one out the same way. I gave them a socially distanced cup of tea and a plate of coconut tarts that had just come out of the oven! Today we have to go and pick up a vacuum cleaner to replace the one that quite literally went up in smoke earlier in the week! Blimey I didn’t think we worked them that hard here!
Have a good flight and safe journey home, Urmstongran, and to all, have a good safe day.

harrigran Fri 27-Nov-20 09:37:39

Good morning from a cool but dry NE.
DH has two hospital appointments today, one of them a bone scan.
I might look out family cards to write.
GD suffering from covid is able to get out of bed but remains isolated in her room.
Sorry to hear your sad news Beauregard flowers
Safe journey Urmston.
Kind thoughts to everyone.

Urmstongran Fri 27-Nov-20 09:49:34

Oh EV my heart breaks for you. You’ve been so strong through all of this shitty year, seeing the positives where you could and being grateful for all the support for your family in their time of great need.

I sincerely hope your granddaughter can find her inner strength to cope with her troubles and realise the answer doesn’t lie at the bottom of a glass. xx

Pittcity Fri 27-Nov-20 09:53:43

Good morning from misty Colchester.
DH went fishing early this morning and I rolled over and went back to sleep. Thus the late posting.
Busy doing nothing as usual, unless watching the robot vacuum counts. Spag bog for tea.
Will read above posts with tea and toast now.

brook2704 Fri 27-Nov-20 09:57:51

Good morning ever from Inverness where it’s a cold and dry start to the day.

So sorry to hear about your loss of your dear brother Beauregard sending condolences
and Ellan what a worry for you, I haven’t got any advice but just wanted to say that I very much hope your DGD can get the help she needs and things start to improve. Sending hugs your way and please stay strong ?
Have a safe journey Urms and well done with everything you’ve done for your neighbour. Wrap up warm for your travels and hope the flight is ok !
Clever work grandMattie you’re a very talented lady
Well done with your walking Susan that’s very impressive!
And for everyone else with worries and struggles ?
I’m off to tidy the house now as we had DGC for a sleepover last night so I’ll be not doing much later !
Take care everyone whatever the day brings