Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(76 Posts)
12Michael Mon 30-Nov-20 06:11:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Its not a very inspiring morning this morning in Brackley .
Its foggy and wet ,and looks like another dull and grey day here.
Today, I must start to get the xmas cards done , the ones i need to post wise .
A quiet day otherwise, speak to friends later on the phone .
Take Care ,
Mick

farview Mon 30-Nov-20 07:56:20

Morning to everyone...Grammaretto really sorry to hear about your DH..⚘⚘
grandmattie thinking about you as you await news of your little granddaughter ?
Yesterday the dark,damp fog never lifted...bleak!!
December tomorrow...heck what a year....
Take care everybody, thinking about gillybob often...hoping *Urmston *that you have settled in back home..
All try to keep smiling..x

Nortsat Mon 30-Nov-20 07:57:26

Good morning Mick and the GM team from east London, where the daylight is spreading across the sky.

Grammaretto is still very much in my thoughts.

Grandmattie all good wishes to your DGD today ??

I have parcels and overseas Christmas cards to attend to today. We have largely got the garden ready for winter. We need to do some final weeding and trimming.
We will put the Christmas tree up in the next couple of days.

Dragonfly so glad you had a good day with your DH for his birthday.
Hope Cherry and Marydoll had a good night.
Have a pleasant day, all. ?

Gingster Mon 30-Nov-20 08:02:38

Good morning all and yes Sar it is certainly grey here in Essex.

We started putting our decs up yesterday. It always takes so long. I wanted a real tree this year but was put off once again by DH telling me it would be a mistake with needles falling . So we’ve put our old faithful up. I might get a small real one in a pot, for the conservatory. Love the smell !

We had a drive around the roads last evening to see DS’s and DD’s lights. It certainly looks very festive out there.

Good wishes for your little brave heart ‘Granmattie* . ♥️ She’ll enjoy her I pad,

Good luck for your DH Dwm.

All best wishes for everyone today. Thinking of all your ‘doings’ (great word ) .

Lins1066 Mon 30-Nov-20 08:15:27

Good morning Mick and all from a dry S Welsh coast. Very foggy last night but it has cleared thank goodness. Our son and his family were booked on the Polar Express down in Paignton just before Christmas Scentia, but it has been cancelled, their tickets are valid for 2021 though.
All good wishes for your granddaughter grandMattie, what a little trooper she is. Ironing and other domestic chores today and a trawl of the Internet for Christmas presents.
Have a pleasant Monday and stay safe everyone.

Marydoll Mon 30-Nov-20 08:16:58

Good morning all from a dark and dreary Glasgow. Happy St Andrews Day from me too.

Grandmattie, a stressful day for you all today, but it's good your wee one is going first to theatre, it means you won't be hanging about all day waiting for news.
Dragonfly I'm glad to hear you had a lovely day yesterday, I hope you are feeling a bit better today.
I know Grammaretto, will be reading, but not posting, so sending virtual hugs to her.
Best wishes to our dear Soop, who certainly has been through the mill and fingers crossed that Mr Dwxmwg gets some relief.

brook, I hope the weather stays dry in Inverness today. My friend the Ebay queen and her husband DH's golf partner are driving up for his sister's funeral day. It's such a long and not such an easy drive from here, I see they have left already, a very long and sad day.
No golf, so no empty for me today, drat!

As DD couldn't have a wedding photographer at her Corona wedding, I'm in the process of making a wedding album, made from our phone photos and those my future DIL took. I have found a site which will make it into a book.
This is right up my street, I love fiddling about with computers. I built our school website and used to spend hours totally immersed in it. Sad person, I know. I think the best word to describe me would be geek.
There used to be a lot of friendly rivalry among the schools in the LA to see who had the best website. grin
One Christmas, I thought I was being very clever by having snow falling on the opening page. It was still snowing in July, as I couldn't remember how to remove it and too embarrassed to ask for help, ?

Have the best day you all can.

cornergran Mon 30-Nov-20 08:21:22

Morning Mick, morning All from a grey and damp looking corner of Somerset. Disturbed night so not at my most cheerful this morning. Relatively gentle day ahead, admin and some phone calls. Mr C plans to steam clean the (tiled) walls in the bathroom. Adding my good wishes to those sent to your granddaughter grandMattie. Thinking of grammaretto. Hope all goes well for your husband dwmxwg. Take care everyone, special thoughts for those with heavy hearts.

Pittcity Mon 30-Nov-20 08:21:35

Good morning from misty Colchester.
DH has gone fishing, so I have a chance to clean and tidy.
A trip to Lidl and a walk to the parcel post box this morning.
I print all my postage at home and so hardly ever venture to the post office. I will pop into the Co op for Christmas stamps.
Thinking of everyone, especially Grammaretto this morning.

MawBe Mon 30-Nov-20 08:26:54

Good morning all. It’s grey but mild here and very still. I’m expecting a call from Apple this afternoon to fix this silly little keyboard on my iPad which has somehow replaced the regular one. It doesn’t suit my “fat fingers” and writing anything is a trial.
My thoughts and a hug to Grammaretto, Grandmattie Dragonfly and any I have missed. ?
Wishing you all a pleasant day wherever possible.

Urmstongran Mon 30-Nov-20 08:38:45

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s misty and damp. My phone woke us just after 6am - it was my friend and neighbour in Spain anxiously checking the time and the date. Her ‘big’ appointment is tomorrow (it’s only getting a T.I.E. card at the police station - which actually she doesn’t need anyway if she’s not going to be resident soon) so I reassured her, told her it was only Monday and to put her kettle on and we’d chat later. I didn’t say ‘and I’ll try to go back to sleep’.... I couldn’t!

Adding my best wishes to everyone else’s on her grandMattie for your granddaughter’s operation this morning. You will all be on pins and checking the clock every ten minutes. x

Yes I’ve settled back in very nicely farview thank you. #lazygran. Our winter duvet was still on from February oldbutstilluseful we were so grateful when we got home Friday night! Brr!

Here we have a combined washer/drier (space issues) and the drier has conked out! We can’t request a repair yet as we are in isolation. Oh well, we can always put laundry on the maiden ... I’m glad the washer didn’t break! Mind you I have several sets of pj’s and I’m not going anywhere. I think it’s called ‘loungewear’ anyway these days!
?

Hope Monday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

baubles Mon 30-Nov-20 08:40:06

Pittcity thanks for reminding me about printing the postage, I’ve done that for small packages but hadn’t thought of it for cards. I’ll give it a go.

I also want to send my very best wishes to grandMattie’s brave little DGD for today. Positive vibes winging their way to her.

Grandmabatty Mon 30-Nov-20 08:40:14

Good morning All from a wet and grey Polmont. And happy St Andrews day, as Marydoll said earlier. How brave is your dgd, Grandmattie! What a wee star. Fingers crossed for your dh Dwm. Everyone sounds busy this morning. That was me yesterday. I found some get up and go hidden in a cupboard and managed to achieve quite a lot. I even washed cushion covers! Today I have to hang about for a telephone appointment with the doctor so I'm not babysitting today. I'll write Christmas cards while I wait. Have a good day all.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 30-Nov-20 08:41:23

Morning all from a wet South Notts. It will be relief if this message gets through. Having stupidly 'restarted' or 'reset' the laptop everything looked different and I had to start again. I am never putting it through that procedure ever again as it is too much for my little brain. However it looks as if I am spared from going out to the shop with it to explain my predicament. They are very nice and have never made me feel like the idiot that I obviously am.

At least I feel that I know what I'm doing with a pair of knitting needles or a sewing machine.

I haven't read all the messages yet but best wishes to your DGD for her operation Grandmattie I hope all goes well. Hope today is good for anyone who has troubles or illness, stay safe.

GrannySomerset Mon 30-Nov-20 08:46:51

Waiting for the car to be collected to repair my minor car park shunt last week. Then will get DH up and the day properly under way. First bed stripped and sheets in machine, can’t deal with DH’s until he is out of it.

Lots of worries on the thread this morning so will think of all of you battling pain, anxiety and all the other difficulties which do seem harder to bear just at present.

CherryCezzy Mon 30-Nov-20 08:47:11

Good morning everyone from a grey Gower.

Happy St Andrew's Day to all Scottish GNs.

Optician appointment for me today.

Glad you both had a lovely day for your DH's birthday dragonfly ?

Sending the very best of wishes for your very brave DGD grandMattie and hope your DH's appointment goes well Dwmxwg.

My thoughts are very much with Grammaretto. A gentle hug from me.

Stay safe and cosy on this last November day everyone.

Alygran Mon 30-Nov-20 08:47:34

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s clear today with bits of blue sky.
Taking the last load to the tip this morning then the empty boxes to a friend who is moving next week.
Phone call at lunch time with a local funder. My little charity is hoping to get a grant to keep someone employed. More charity stuff this evening with a virtual trustee meet up.
Face time with DGS later. He is still in isolation from school after a classmate tested positive.
Hope the op goes well Grandmattie, it will be a long day for you all.
Thoughts to all with worries and struggles.
Have a good day and stay safe.

Anniebach Mon 30-Nov-20 08:52:43

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Susan56 Mon 30-Nov-20 08:54:39

Good morning from Shropshire.A damp start to the day today.

A housework and laundry day today???

Thinking of your DGD and your family today Grandmattie.

Have the best day you can everybody.Thinking of all with illness and worries.

brook2704 Mon 30-Nov-20 08:55:00

Safe journey to your kind friend and neighbours Marydoll , it must be a very sad day for them and made even worse by the long drive up here. It’s wet just now but forecast to be dry this afternoon.

ginny Mon 30-Nov-20 08:59:35

Good Morning. Dull but mild here in N. Bucks.

? for Grammoretto.

granmattie , keep yourself busy. I’m sure all will be well.

Nothing much planned for today other than getting on with Christmas ‘ stuff’.

DD1 starts her jury service today, will be interested to see how it goes.

Keep looking for those ?

Greyduster Mon 30-Nov-20 08:59:52

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a grey, misty South Yorkshire. I have the mother and father of all colds and felt so awful yesterday I even turned down a Face Time with GS. Couldn’t stop sneezing. It goes against the grain but I think I may stay in bed today. We went out walking yesterday and the top of one of my boots started coming apart! It was like losing an old friend. Crikey we’ve covered some ground together! I’ve had them some years and now I face the prospect of having to find a new pair☹️. Small beer I know in the great scheme of things. Stay safe and have a good day, folks. Gentle hugs for those who need them.

Grandmadougal Mon 30-Nov-20 09:06:30

Good morning from an overcast Norfolk.

Quiet day today, tried a slow cooker pulled pork yesterday for first time and was pleasantly surprised how nice it was, one for when we have all the family around again.

Am finding isolation pre op hard, the worry about the op with not going outside at all is difficult, I am so sympathetic to those who have to do this all the time. On a positive note once this is over I hopefully will have a better quality of life medically speaking.

Off to tidy and clean, silly I know but it gives me peace of mind that DH will have a clean house while I’m not here.

Take care everyone.

Nannytopsy Mon 30-Nov-20 09:35:41

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
We are back from the school run and had our breakfast. It’s all a bit early for me! ?
DH has a treat of his first scan for an aortic aneurysm this morning, having reached that age. I have a phone call with a physio to decide the next step on “the knee pathway “. Whoever thought that name up?!
?for minigrandMattie.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

BlueSapphire Mon 30-Nov-20 09:36:09

Good morning everyone from a damp and grey Northampton. I have a blood pressure check this afternoon at the surgery so I hope it brightens up a bit before then, as it is a good 40 minute walk each way, and I am not using the buses yet. Will see if the nurse will arrange some more pain killers for my trapped nerve, which is still painful, but not as bad as it was.

The walk will do me good as I got on the scales this morning and had a bit of a shock. I lost almost a stone during the first lockdown (worry, stress, loneliness) and have now put it all back on plus another half stone! DD says not to worry, just enjoy your food, but I think I am enjoying it a bit too much! She is just pleased to see me eating again. I have amended my Sainsbury's order, deleted the cakes and chocolate, and changed to low sugar drinks.......

All the best to grandMattie's DGD, hoping all goes well.

Grandmafrench Mon 30-Nov-20 09:42:48

Good Morning everyone, warm but overcast at this moment in South of France.

Had a lovely Sunday in wonderful weather and morning coffee was t-shirt conditions in the sunshine. 2 dogs and 3 cats all lay down around us to catch the rays. Maybe they’ve learned the benefits of Vit.D

Used GrandMattie’s recipe for a Moroccan chicken dish. Delish! It was so nice to do something quite unknown to us for supper. Made Moroccan flat bread to go with it. An unqualified success, I think. So relieved that your little GD wasn’t at all distressed, GM.....that’s the worst part. Now you’ll have an anxious wait but it’ll be over without the usual queue, so something to be thankful for.

Glad you had a good day yesterday, dragonfly. Wishing you a good week! Greyduster - maybe your boots want you to rest until you feel well enough to order some more. Heavy colds can be quite debilitating. Hope you feel better soon.
Enjoy your outing...? Cherry and keep safe. Very much hope your Telephone consultation puts your mind at rest, Grandmabatty. Bet that dryer has been longing for your return, just so it can play up, Urms. Won’t it be miffed when it sees you cannot be broken, pah! Because you’re just back from The Crusades....so this is all trivia to you as you drift around in endless PJ’s and eat crumpets. ( Just let us know when you need a clothes parcel) ?

Love the idea of a snowy web page - in July, Mary. Would work well in France where often on red hot June days sad little Father Christmases can be seen bleaching on roofs and chimneys because people won’t go fetch the ladder and rescue them. If Santa Claus charged for annual visits here...France would be bankrupt!

I’m off to do some ironing....mmm, .be still my beating heart.

To everyone today sad or in pain, my thoughts are with you for better days to come. Keep on going, dear Grans, and keep safe, please.

Hugs ??????? ?‍♀️ ???????

Gelisajams Mon 30-Nov-20 09:44:04

Good morning from Morecambe Bay. It’s wet again.Happy St Andrews day to our Scottish GNers.
I think I’ve persuaded Mr Bah Humbug in us having a real Christmas tree this year so we will go and get it before he changes his mind. We did see a local sign saying “trees and reindeer” I definitely don’t want a reindeer! A tree will be quite enough! I’m also going to put some lights along our new rope barrier.
Thinking of all with family members with problems. It’s sometimes harder watching others in pain or being unwell that experiencing it ourselves. Certainly an anxious time.
Thinking of Grandmatties little GD. Some years ago I was staying in hospital with my 3 week old son who needed emergency surgery. There was a little girl in the ward whose kidney removal surgery had to be postponed as my son was considered a priority. I felt bad about this, but she was to have it done the next day. When I saw her the next day she was up and about playing. I asked the nurse if her surgery had been cancelled again. “Oh no” she replied, “she had it done first thing. She doesn’t realise she’s supposed to lie in bed complaining about the discomfort like adults do”
So for all with poorly family members?
Take care everyone and stay safe?