Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(75 Posts)
12Michael Mon 30-Nov-20 06:11:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Its not a very inspiring morning this morning in Brackley .
Its foggy and wet ,and looks like another dull and grey day here.
Today, I must start to get the xmas cards done , the ones i need to post wise .
A quiet day otherwise, speak to friends later on the phone .
Take Care ,
Mick

baubles Mon 30-Nov-20 06:13:40

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire. It’s still too dark to know what’s happening with the weather.

We were woken not once but twice during the night by DH’s phone ringing, when he checked the numbers one was from Warsaw and the other from Gambia!! Anyhoo he had been snoring gently beside me for a couple of hours now but I’ve been awake since the last call at 3.30 am.

Today I will finish the cards and get to the post office.

Happy St Andrew’s Day to all our Scottish folk.

Grammaretto, I’m so sorry to hear your sad news, sending you my heartfelt condolences.

grandMattie Mon 30-Nov-20 06:19:12

Good morning from a grey, murky E Kent.
Gramaretto, so sorry about your loss. It must be very hard, hold happy memories in your heart. ?
Ashcombe, I hope you manage to be reunited... I so admire women who do long drives. 20-30 minutes do me in!
D day for DGD2. She’s already at the hospital, she’s first on the list for her 4hour minimum operation. She seemed quite happy about everything when we Skyped last night. Probably because she has been given an iPad! Will be an anxious day for us all.
Stay safe.

Beechnut Mon 30-Nov-20 06:22:18

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. Looks a bit damp outside.
After darkness fell yesterday I could see that several of my neighbours had their Christmas decorations up.

I’ve some ironing todo today. Seven items, where did all that come from ?
I’ve written most of my cards and now I have to make the ones for close family and get one of them posted.

Take care of all and enjoy the last day of November. Next month it starts to get lighter ?

Beechnut Mon 30-Nov-20 06:24:51

I hope everything goes well for your granddaughter Mattie.

Ashcombe Mon 30-Nov-20 06:31:34

Good morning to all you lovely folk from a calm dry and chilly Torbay.

Sad times indeed for Grammaretto and I too offer condolences.
baubles how annoying to have your slumber disturbed twice!

Every good wish to your DGD2, grand Mattie, I bet her specially made undies, etc will be really appreciated. Thank you for your kind comments about my journey. I guess it's lucky I’m able to drive and still enjoy it.

Yesterday, the highlight of my morning was a video call from my DS with DGS, who is four and started school in September. I had sent him (GS, not DS!!) a Christmas dinosaur top called Santasaurus (?) which he opened on screen. He was proud to read his book to me for the first time and I was delighted (and a little teary) to hear him. His school nativity play is in rehearsal and when asked what part he was playing, he replied, “Mary”!! (This must be a very modern interpretation of the story!!)

On that happy note, I wish you all a good week and hope you can find a way through the restrictions of your Tier status to enjoy whatever you are doing and I offer kind thoughts to those burdened with pain or anxiety.

kittylester Mon 30-Nov-20 06:34:05

Good morning all from a dark and cold North Leicestershire.

Early start for us as Dh has to pick up his first passenger at 7.15!! I have to nip to Waitrose and then catch up on admin.

Best wishes to your brave granddaughter, Mattie.

Have the best day possible everyone.

grandMattie Mon 30-Nov-20 06:37:23

Sexual equality, Ashcombe, this transgender stuff gets everywhere! ?

Scentia Mon 30-Nov-20 06:43:31

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is still dark and feels mild.
I too would like to offer my best wishes to Grammaretto
Thinking if your DGD Grandmattie
I myself, have had a busy weekend where I have been getting myself in the Christmas mood! I usually put my tree up the middle of December, if at all, as we normally go away, but I have no less than three trees all lit up and smelling beautiful.
I got myself all upset when out walking DGS on the trails as people were asking where Sasha was, but a bit of cake and a coffee at the cafe cheered me up. Hence when I got home I went all Christmasy! I just need something to look forward to.
We are booked into the polar express at our local heritage railway and they claim they may still be able to run, not sure how, I await their plan?
After my wobbly weekend my smile is very much in place today and I am ready for the day❤️

Dwmxwg Mon 30-Nov-20 06:43:58

Good morning from north Surrey, still dark here.
Gramaretto I add my condolences to you and your family.
GrandMattie your DGD sounds like an amazingly brave youngster.
Dog is fed and watered and I have my first cup of tea, cosy back in bed for a while.
DH has his appointment this afternoon with the nurse and I have told him he must say the pain is no better. I know he is worrying because both his father and brother have had below knee amputation due to vascular disease. DH has never smoked which they both did so I am trying to keep him positive but of course when we are in pain it is difficult not to lose perspective.
This morning I have a training session to learn the new computer system at work. I am then going to the garden centre close by which always puts on a lovely Christmas display. Hoping that my DD may meet me there.
Wishing all a good day

Sark Mon 30-Nov-20 07:08:44

Good morning everyone. Foggy and damp here in Oxfordshire.
Grandmattie thinking of you... it will be an anxious day waiting to hear all went well with your granddaughter. She is a brave little one bless her and is on the start of a long road but all will be worth it.
Dwmxwg hope all goes well for your DH
Work soon and that's about it for me today
Hope everyone has a good daysmile

dragonfly46 Mon 30-Nov-20 07:11:22

Good morning from dark Leicestershire.

We had a lovely day yesterday for DH’s birthday with FaceTime and Zoom. Our DS is determined he is going to see us before Christmas one way or another - hmm we shall see. Our DD is coming up for Christmas having isolated for 2 weeks beforehand.
My DH then got a call from his old boss in the US which rounded the day off nicely.

Nothing planned today.
Wishing everyone a good day.

dragonfly46 Mon 30-Nov-20 07:12:13

Grandmattie will be thinking of your little GD wishing her well.

brook2704 Mon 30-Nov-20 07:22:02

Good morning everyone from Inverness, it’s another cold start to the day and rain is on the way too.
Yesterday it stayed dry and I enjoyed a lovely long walk through the local woods and then into town by the river. The gym that I used to go to before lockdown has just reopened under new management so I might pop in today to check it out and see how busy it is ...
Hoping all goes well today for your brave DGD grandMattie
Hoping everyone with worries and struggles has a good day today and take care whatever the day brings ?

annsixty Mon 30-Nov-20 07:22:07

Good morning all.
Very dark and gloomy here in Stockport.
Grandmattie my good wishes are added to the others winging their way to your GD.
We shall be waiting to hear how she is.
Last day of November, where does the time go?
Have the best day you can everyone.

NannyJan53 Mon 30-Nov-20 07:27:07

Good Morning from a dark and dismal Black Country

I have the chicken carcass simmering ready to make chicken soup later.

Today I need to phone a friend who lives near Cambridge. I called her a couple of weeks into the first lockdown in April. Not rang her back since, as it is always me who phones. She rang me Friday on my mobile and left a message as I didn't hear it ring. I was quite amused when she left a message saying, 'now don't die of shock but its L' I texted to say I would call Monday.

I have all my cards written Mick and will be posting them tomorrow.

Best wishes to your DGD grandMattie, I think it is always worse for the adults when children are poorly or having operations. So I will be thinking of you today and hope you can distract yourself for a while flowers

Dwmxwg wishing that all goes well for your DH and his worries can be put to rest.

Thoughts with Grammaretto

Jaxjacky Mon 30-Nov-20 07:28:53

Good morning all from a dark, foggy S Hants. Had a very lazy day yesterday as DH finished tiling the kitchen which looks amazing.
Best wishes for your DGD today grandMattie the start of a journey. Dwmxwg fingers crossed for Mr D.
Too early here for Christmas stuff as we have a real tree which will be delivered next Friday, then sit outside for a while. The upstairs toilet flush has broken, so a plumber call today, he’s a friend, so hopefully can fit us in. Christmas cards have moved from the landing windowsill downstairs, so I’ll get on with them today, DH is one of nine, so that’s the majority of them.
Have a gentle day all

Sar53 Mon 30-Nov-20 07:36:39

Good morning all from a dry, grey Essex by the sea.
First of all my very best wishes to your DGD Mattie. I'm sure we all want to know how she is later today.
Housework and ironing are the order of the day for me and I'm sending DH to the supermarket for a few bits and pieces .
Have the best Monday you can and stay safe everyone xx

Beauregard Mon 30-Nov-20 07:41:19

Good morning everyone from a rainy Derbyshire.

Best wishes to your DGD grandMattie She is a brave little girl.
dragonfly so glad yesterday was a lovely day for you both.

We had a surprise visit from DD and DGS1 yesterday. She phoned to say they were outside with their pony so we went on the drive to see them. We've decided to turn down an invitation for Christmas dinner at their house which we would have enjoyed but felt it best not to go this year.

Walking back from checking the girls at dusk we saw many houses decorated with Christmas lights. Ours won't go up for a week or two. We have a real tree in a half barrel tub which needs moving to its Christmas position, but DH can't do that this year, so it might have to stay where it is.

Some housework today and a small shop later. I've got a cottage pie to make for dinner.

Hope today is a good day for all.

grandMattie Mon 30-Nov-20 07:45:38

DD has just sent a photo of DGD2 beaming and looking for all the world like she was off on holiday. DD said she was the only one not crying - her dad, her mum, her sister...

grandMattie Mon 30-Nov-20 07:46:13

Thank you for all your kind thoughts, it means a great deal to us. ❤️

GrannyGravy13 Mon 30-Nov-20 07:48:54

Good morning Mick and all

It’s grey here in S E Essex.

Thinking of your DGD grandmattie , dwmxwg fingers crossed for your DH.
Ashcombe one of our sons played Mary in the Nativity, they were at an all boys school his brothers will never let him forget it!!

Picking up a bike for one GS this morning from Halfords, then off to M & S food hall
to pick up another parcel and get some foodie bits. Only waiting for one more parcel to be delivered then I have finished my Christmas shopping.

All decorations up inside and out, the real tree for the sitting room is outside in sheltered spot in garden ready to come in at the weekend. I made the first batch of assorted mince pies yesterday and a banana loaf I just couldn’t settle down and had to keep busy (most unlike me)

Keep safe and well folks?‍♀️

Thinking of gillybob Grammaretto thanks

Oldbutstilluseful Mon 30-Nov-20 07:51:11

Good morning from a dark, foggy N Hants. Snap, Jaxjacky!
Another weekend flew by with nothing much doing, and today, apart from motivating myself to continue writing Christmas cards, will be similar. Maybe a walk, definitely make soup and, oh, after feeling cold last night, time to change to the winter duvet.
Thinking of you today Grandmattie and hoping all goes well for your courageous granddaughter. Sending sincere condolences to Grammaretto. It must be so painful to lose a life partner. As a long time divorcee it’s something I won’t know, but can empathise with. Am I the lucky one? I wonder.

Elizabeth1 Mon 30-Nov-20 07:53:38

Good morning everyone from a dark gloomy and windy east coast of Fife.my thoughts and prayers are with all those who are bereaved and anxious today.

I had the most delicious Sunday roast beef dinner yesterday with all the trimmings my dh is excelling himself in the kitchen.im so proud of his developing skills.

I’ve rescheduled my dental appointment for tomorrow to give my dh time to recover from his bout of asthma he’s to stay indoors for a few days the foggy weather won’t do him any good

My ds new bed gets delivered today thankfully they assemble it in the house and put it into the room it’s meant for. No additional work for my dh.

Have a quiet day everyone keep up your good spirits and have that extra tipple if you need to winelove, hugs and best wishes to all and please keep safe.flowers this time will pass.sunshine

Elizabeth1 Mon 30-Nov-20 07:56:07

Did I miss your good morning post yesterday Mick ?