Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(76 Posts)
12Michael Mon 30-Nov-20 06:11:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Its not a very inspiring morning this morning in Brackley .
Its foggy and wet ,and looks like another dull and grey day here.
Today, I must start to get the xmas cards done , the ones i need to post wise .
A quiet day otherwise, speak to friends later on the phone .
Take Care ,
Mick

Doodle Mon 30-Nov-20 09:58:01

Grandmattie hope your DGD gets on well today.

Urmstongran Mon 30-Nov-20 10:02:15

You have a wonderful way with words Grandmafrench! Describing me as ‘just back from the Crusades’ made me giggle!
?

Auntieflo Mon 30-Nov-20 10:07:29

Good morning Mick, Annie, and all.
Bed stripping this morning, and as it is dry, I will see if it's worth putting anything out on the line later.
Grandmattie, all the best for you GD today. It brings back memories of when our DD, aged 7, had surgery on both legs. So I know how anxious you will all be.
I was knitting away yesterday, watching TV, then had to go back, more than once, because I am doing stripes and had forgotten to change colours. Decreasing at the same time didn't help one bit. Words were muttered under my breath.
Greyduster, the story of tour boots made me smile, as last week I wore a pair of shoes that hadn't been worn in months. I thought they sounded a bit strange whilst walking. When I took them off and looked, the soles were disintegrating. Clarkes ones, with those funny soles. So in the bin they went.
Happy St Andrews Day ??????? to you Marydoll, and commiserations that you do not have an 'empty' today.
Gramaretto, thinking of you
Hoping all those who are poorly will have a better day, and to one and all, including our absent Gilly, Happy Monday.

Auntieflo Mon 30-Nov-20 10:09:19

'Your' Boots Greyduster, but they could have been tour boots.

Taichinan Mon 30-Nov-20 10:14:04

Good morning Mick and everybody. I have slept late, so all behind myself today. But at least I know it really is Monday! I've just taken the food waste caddy down to the gate, and it is surprisingly mild here on the Angus coast - blue sky with plenty of cloud about.

My sincere condolences to Grammaretto. I do hope your son from NZ is here with you still and was able to say his goodbyes and put his arms around you. ?

Mattie, thinking of you and your family today as you wait to hear the op is over - probably the longest four hours you will ever know. She's an amazing little girl and I am sure she will be fine as she starts on this long road.

I haven't had time to read the thread properly yet but will do so later. Sending good wishes and comfort to all. Have the best day you can ???

GrannyOwl5 Mon 30-Nov-20 10:26:28

Good morning everyone from north Kent where the sun is trying to peek out from behind the clouds

Sad day for my DIL as it is her father’s funeral today. Due to restrictions we are not going to the crematorium, so DH and I stood in the road as the funeral cortège passed to pay our respects and say goodbye.

Adding my good wishes to those already on the pile for your little GDD Mattie; hope all goes well.

Thoughts also with Grammaretto and family and hope Dwmxwg’s DH has good news this afternoon.

Don’t deprive yourself of too many treats BlueSapphire; we all need something to look forward to these days.

Hope everyone has a good Monday. Stay safe

Quilty Mon 30-Nov-20 10:26:58

Urmstongran....welcome back to the UK but I won't half miss your daily Malaga reports.......I'll have to look at my holiday snaps!!!

EllanVannin Mon 30-Nov-20 10:29:04

Good Morning All x.
Another dull dark day, bit of a breeze whipping up to blow the last of the leaves off the trees. The trees stand naked in winter and we wrap up warm, come summer and it's the reverse grin My thoughts at times are off the scale but I've always been the same.

Thinking of that little girlie in theatre Grandmattie x.
Hope things work out for Mr Dwmxwg .
So many things going on here I lose track. Glad that your day went well yesterday Dragonfly .
All I want now are a few words from our Gilly to let us know that at least she's okay.

I've just checked that the cats are in and one of them has emptied my underwear drawer in the bedroom grin I wonder why she keeps doing this ? It actually opens the drawer and must fling everything out. I've never caught her doing it yet, so I have to set-to and fold it all up again.

I've had two Royal Mail deliveries so far this morning so I'm doing well. Thank heavens for online shopping. There's a bit more to do yet as when the children are sorted I can sit back. They'll all do very well I know that much. My bedroom will resemble a grotto before long.

No need for any trips to the local shops today so I'll just concentrate on doing some cards. Hoping D can manage to take me to Asda sometime this week----as I keep adding to the list. Besides M&S later next month, it'll be the last big shop this year. I won't starve !

Thinking of those aren't feeling too good and also the sadness of Grammaretto at this time.
Stay safe everyone and look after yourselves xx

Kalu Mon 30-Nov-20 10:30:35

Good morning from a grey Glasgow.

I just want to add my heartfelt sympathy to you Grammaretto. I can only imaging what you are going through dear friend. My thoughts are with you. ?

gillgran Mon 30-Nov-20 10:34:27

Good Morning to you all from a dull Cambs., It's just started raining here.

I agree, Urmstongran, that GrandmaFrench does have a wonderful way with words. As do so many of you lovely GM'ers. I love to read all your posts.

I hope your op., goes well Grandmadougal, is it tomorrow?
(many years ago my late dmil had a dog called dougal.!)

I send warm, good wishes for your dgd grandMattie, also to you & all your family.

Kind thoughts to Grammaretto during her time of sadness.

Take Care Folks

LauraNorder Mon 30-Nov-20 10:35:44

glad I’d morning Mick and all.
Was we ken at 05.30 when Orlin crashed in to the end of the bed on his way back from the bathroom. He took my mumbled ‘Are you okay’? As a sign that I was wide awake and proceeded to chat about the meaning of life. He doesn’t often go deep so I humoured him. At 7.00 he cheerfully announced that he’d go down and make us both a cuppa to which I rather crabbily replied that perhaps the larks would appreciate his chattiness more.
Just woken, no Orlin, no coffee.
Will now read through your morning news before I go downstairs and apologise.

Mapleleaf Mon 30-Nov-20 10:46:03

Good morning all,

It’s a rather dull, wet and dreary morning again today. It never got properly light yesterday and I think today will be the same, so I plan to write some Christmas cards this afternoon ready for posting later in the week. It’s a typical November day, weather wise.

Not sure what else I will do today other than the usual household chores. It’s getting tedious, isn’t it, but we’ve no alternative but to keep plodding on and hope for brighter days ahead, though boy, is it hard sometimes.

I cheered myself up a bit yesterday by putting out the Advent ring. That’s the only Christmas decoration out so far. It will be middish December when anymore go up (ie could be nearer the 18th). For the first time, we have some outdoor lights to put around the front door and on a small conifer type tree, as we had an outdoor power supply installed in the summer. That should help bring a bit of cheer.

? to all suffering in any way.

Take care.

FannyCornforth Mon 30-Nov-20 10:48:18

A rather late Good Morning to Mick and everyone from me in Derby.
I don't know what is stopping me from regularly contributing to this thread. It is my new week's resolution to do so.
Grammaretto my thoughts and prayers are with you, I can't imagine the sadness flowers
Hoping to have a good day today.
And that everyone else does too brew

LauraNorder Mon 30-Nov-20 10:50:16

grandMattie, a difficult day for you while you wait.
flowers for you grammaretto.

grandMattie Mon 30-Nov-20 11:05:58

I use a pointer thingy for my dinky keypad. It is a) more hygienic and b) easier than fat fingers (or in my case, insensitive).

grandMattie Mon 30-Nov-20 11:06:23

Sorry, the above is addressed to MawBe

Stilllearning Mon 30-Nov-20 11:09:02

Good morning and Happy St Andrews day to all. I thought I had posted earlier but clearly my message is in the ether somewhere, but I just wanted to join my good wishes to everyone else's for your wee one grandMattie, hopefully her operation is nearly over by now and you will be able to relax a little. Thoughts again with Grammaretto
Good wishes to all for a peaceful day.

Annaram1 Mon 30-Nov-20 11:16:09

Good morning all, from Sidmouth, hope you slept as well as possible and it is so annoying when you get calls at night isn't it? I can never sleep again after that.
I hope Gramaretto that all goes well with the little one and she's soon up and running about again.
Hope all goes well for all our grans with illness, pain and worries.
Did notice that Mick did not start his message with the usual "Its dark but dry here in Brackley." Variety is the spice of life.
I saw Nicola Sturgeon being interviewed in a garden in Glasgow. Does she live on a housing estate? That's what it looked like.

hollysteers Mon 30-Nov-20 11:37:27

Morning Mick and all from Four Chimneys, Lancashire. Typical grey November day. Wish I could sleep better. I’m too hot in my new brushed cotton sheets. May go back to cold cotton, or it could be my medication.
Feeling distinctly uninspired today, everything dragging on and can’t get round to Xmas. I look around the house and it feels like “Everything and Nothing” Plenty I could be doing, but can’t be arsed, oops, bothered? Enjoying Emily in Paris on Netflix and a nice hot drink. Life reduced to that, who would have thunk it?
GrandMattie hope all goes well today, Gramaretto hope you are coping and thoughts to all who are worried.

hulahoop Mon 30-Nov-20 11:40:54

Sending ?grammaretto .grandmattie hope all goes well with gds . It's a miserable day again in w/York's .
Good to hear you had better day yesterday .Take care everyone .

grandMattie Mon 30-Nov-20 12:14:10

Stilllearning, DGD's operation started about 30 minutes ago and is scheduled to last at least 4 hours. They have to rebuild her leg amongst other things, poor little thing. It's a real biggie...

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 30-Nov-20 12:14:45

Good afternoon from dismal Harrogate. Just finished my phone call to my school friend in Ayr. They are in Tier 4, probably like Marydoll.
Have not much planned today except an excavation in the attic to find last year's Xmas Cards. Also a bigger excavation in a back room to find a load of paintbrushes which are missing. I couldn't do the last zoom workshop because larger paintbrushes were needed. Got plenty for Acrylics.Just ow I will have to make a bland lunch, DH has a digestive problem, so have to be careful what he eats for a short while - he's careful what he eats most of the time which can be a B Nuisance!!
Will hopefully get back to read the rest of the posts.

Please play safe and feel the better for it.

Bellasnana Mon 30-Nov-20 12:27:26

Too late for the good morning thread today, but just wanted to offer my heartfelt condolences to Grammaretto on her sad loss. Widowhood is a club none of us wanted to join.?

My thoughts are also with that brave little DGD of yours grandMattie. Hope to hear good news when the op is over, although I realise the road to recovery will take some time.

No news from Malta, weather is sunny and pleasant. Will go for a country walk with a friend a bit later on.

Hope you all have a good day. I was looking for Good morning Tuesday as I was convinced Monday was yesterday. I’ve lost the plot. ??‍♀️☀️☀️

Urmstongran Mon 30-Nov-20 12:58:48

Quilty ?

BlueSapphire Mon 30-Nov-20 15:48:01

MawBe, like grandMattie, I use a stylus on my Kindle tablet. Much easier and no fingerprints all over the screen. Got mine from A****n.