Gransnet forums

Chat

Finding things in odd places.

(66 Posts)
NanKate Mon 30-Nov-20 21:08:26

I have glasses for daily use plus computer glasses. This morning I couldn’t find my daily glasses I hadn’t been anywhere so I knew they were somewhere hiding in the house. I literally searched every nook and cranny to no avail. When I went to remove my cold hot water bottle from the bottom of the bed, there were my glasses covered up by the duvet. ?

Then I couldn’t find my facial wipes which I had used the previous day. Yet again a thorough search of the house including inside the bed ! Eventually I found the packet in the bin with the used facial wipe.

What a Wally ?

Please make me feel better by telling me you do daft things like this.

Nespa53 Wed 02-Dec-20 18:46:05

I'm getting more absent minded the longer this pandemic goes on ?
Share it with friends who are all the same, you are not alone.
My time clock is all over the place too, nightmare.
Stay safe all

grannypiper Wed 02-Dec-20 19:03:09

I found my reading glass at the bottom of my bed, folded and placed neatly under the duvet when i woke up the other morning, how i hadn't kicked them out of the bed i will ever know.

Nannina Wed 02-Dec-20 19:13:26

I was in the middle of my on line shop when I realised I needed to ring the doctors before they closed. I searched high and low for my phone and was getting quite panicky when I suddenly realised I was doing my shopping on it

hulahoop Wed 02-Dec-20 20:31:57

I have lost some slippers bought for a Chrissy present I have bought some more !!!

NanKate Wed 02-Dec-20 21:36:05

Vickya no I no longer have cats. Weeks after they died I could still hear them in the house, but that is for another thread.

Netflixfan you are right I shouldn’t use wipes, I am trying to wean myself off them.

Sharon103 I went to take my glasses off today only to realise I didn’t have them on in the first place ?

grannyrebel7 Wed 02-Dec-20 21:45:15

I only wear glasses for reading and I lose them all the time. Drives me mad. I now have a special pair for reading in bed which don't move from the bedside table.

Witzend Thu 03-Dec-20 07:44:52

Weirdest ever here was when a dd lost a silver claddagh (sp?) ring she’d been given when visiting family friends in Ireland.

I can’t remember how long it was before I found it, but certainly months rather than weeks - at the back of the lower of my two pull-out pan drawers in the kitchen!

How it ever ended up there will forever be a mystery.

Longdistancegrnny Thu 03-Dec-20 08:04:13

Having finally located my two winter coats (hanging on a hook behind the door of my daughter's old bedroom!) I put one on and to my great surprise found a pair of glasses (which I had given up looking for in about March!) in the pocket - what a nice surprise! Whilst I can never find my own possessions I am pretty good at finding lost things for other people!

Laughterlines Thu 03-Dec-20 08:15:04

All my important keys are on lanyards. I am so used to putting them round my neck I rarely mislay them. Very useful tip given by my doctor.

Georgesgran Thu 03-Dec-20 08:33:54

Misplacing car keys used to be my problem - now I just leave one in my bag, as my latest car opens and starts as long as I have the bag with me, even if the ‘key’ is buried in all the jumble.
The garage door remote hasn’t turned up, but 2 new ones were hand delivered by the supplier yesterday. I expect that’s the signal for the lost one to turn up.

anita28 Thu 03-Dec-20 08:42:30

Oh yes! I very recently found one of the presents I hid from my husband that I was to give him last Christmas, just in time to give him this Christmas.

Before going on vacation I've often hidden things, only to return home having completely forgotten where I hid these things. They turn up eventually.

Lexisgranny Thu 03-Dec-20 08:48:38

My main problem stems from decluttering. Having had a good sort out I put the remaining objects back in different places ( it seems such a good idea at the time) then I can never remember where their new home is. If you add this to the usual - “Where on earth have I put my ?” The result is chaos.

I am still looking (in a half hearted manner) for my iPad pen. Last March I was using it, went out of the room briefly to fetch something, returned, and it had disappeared. The room was searched, the sofa turned upside down, my route out of the room examined - nothing. Personally I blame Polly, our house poltergeist and I feel sure that one day I will come across the cache she has made containing all the missing objects. Pity that so many of them have been replaced, but never mind they can be duplicates for the next time that we lose them.

Billybob4491 Thu 03-Dec-20 08:49:43

I once put the teapot on the doorstep instead of the empty milk bottles for the milkman to take away. That was in the good old days when I had a milkman.

Daftbag1 Thu 03-Dec-20 10:29:12

Oooh! Where do I start?

Dirty knickers in handbag, clean ones in bin, and a bare bum!
Milk in the oven, dinner in the washing machine!
Poinsettias, salt, and tea bags yet to be discovered, and that's just this week, and doesn't include hubbies losses!

Georgesgran Thu 03-Dec-20 13:27:25

It’s nice to find a hidden Terry’s Chocolate Orange in July though, isn’t it?