Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(67 Posts)
12Michael Tue 01-Dec-20 06:11:47

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but looking dry outside, if forecast is right supposed to a sunny day here in Brackley .
Did my postal xmas cards yesterday morning , today I will get the bus to and from the Sainsburys store to do a shop.
Then return and watch more TV .
Take Care,
Mick

Ashcombe Tue 01-Dec-20 06:15:39

Good morning one and all on another quiet, chilly morning in Torbay.

Progress is being made with my car repair as yesterday the company rang me to say that the estimate has been approved and the parts are on order. When pressed for a completion date, the caller was less forthcoming, with Covid to blame for shortages. So no firm date for travel to France just yet.

I’m spending today with my “bubble” friend who lives further round the bay in Churston. Like Mick, all my postal cards are now winging their way to far flung parts of the U.K. and beyond!

I hope all is well with you and yours and special thoughts for Gramarretto and grandMattie’s brave little DGD.

grandMattie Tue 01-Dec-20 06:20:45

Good morning from dark chilly E Kent. White rabbits!
The full moon was like a beacon when I got up an hour ago.
May I thank everyone who sent me and my family their good wishes for my DGD’s operation, especially those who PMd me.
The operation was to rebuild her leg and took 4+ hours. It went well and Iris came out of anaesthetic easily. Within the hour, she was playing with her new Lego which her grandma got her and eating biscuits! She is being remarkably resilient. I suspect today might be different when the painkillers wear off.
I’ll keep you updated as I get news.
I hope today brings nothing but good news and happiness however fleeting to everyone. ❤️

Scentia Tue 01-Dec-20 06:24:31

Good Morning Michael from East Staffordshire where it is still dark and feels mildish!
Today I will be at work this morning and then after delivering what I have made I will be going to the cemetery to visit my niece’s grave, I cannot believe it is 28 years ago today that we lost her, she would be 38 now and I must say my sister, her mummy doesn’t look much older than that herself❤️
I have been buying more rubbish on EBay. I have bought some vintage games that can be played by just 2 people like Mastermind and Boggle. As DH and I will be spending a lot of time, just me and him and no work I thought we may need something to amuse us.
I hope your DGD is ok Grandmattie
Now, my GM friends I want you to have the best day you possibly can today and smile as much as you can.
Today, I will be mainly singing Christmas Songs.xx

cornergran Tue 01-Dec-20 06:27:40

Morning Mick, morning All from our dark, dry, chilly corner of Somerset. I’ll be steam cleaning curtains and removing some dust today. The domestic goddess bug has struck. Cards are ready to post as is a small parcel so will head out with them at some point. Goodness, what a frustrating process Ashcombe, hope you can extract a date soon. Your family and granddaughter are very much on my mind grandMattie. Special thoughts for grammaretto and all with sadness or worries of any kind. Take care everyone.

Pantglas2 Tue 01-Dec-20 06:29:08

Good morning Mick and Ashcombe and followers from a dry north Wales- LauraNorder sent over all her rain yesterday, the Island must be bone dry!

How irritating for you this car contretemps Ashcombe! You’ll be itching to trot to France ASAP!

DH and I are out this evening for a meal at the oldest inn in Wales which has an offer of dinner bed and breakfast for £99 in an attempt to stay alive! Friends availed themselves of the opportunity to celebrate their anniversary last week and reckoned it was brilliant. We go into ‘dry’ lockdown on Friday with a curfew of 6pm so places like this will really suffer.

Kind thoughts to Grammaretto and GrandMattie and families, and to all going through the mill at the moment, here on this lovely thread know that we care x

cornergran Tue 01-Dec-20 06:29:28

Crossed posts grandMattie. What good news. Delighted for you all Your granddaughter is a tough little girl, hope she stays comfortable today.

Dwmxwg Tue 01-Dec-20 06:29:28

Good morning to all this morning from north Surrey.
So glad to hear operation went well GrandMattie and you GD is recovering well.
Thank you to all re my DH. He saw the nurse who has measured him for full length stockings and prescribed a further week of antibiotics as there is still signs of infection. She listened to his concerns and will refer him to the vascular team. He feels much relieved for this.
I am working an early today so must get on. Will put my Christmas tree up this evening.
Wishing all a good day

grandMattie Tue 01-Dec-20 06:31:55

Dwmx I hope the stockings do the job for your DH. X

Sar53 Tue 01-Dec-20 06:42:11

Good morning from Essex by the sea where it is too dark to see what the weather is doing today. I believe it will be bright but cold.
Good new to hear that all went well for your DGD Mattie. Onwards and upwards from now on ?.
We are taking our trusty flask of coffee to a local country park this morning. We've not been there before so hoping for a nice brisk walk.
This afternoon will be spent sewing and catching up with tv programmes that I like and DH doesn't.
Have a pleasant Tuesday night and stay safe everyone xx

grandMattie Tue 01-Dec-20 06:47:56

Latest. Iris had trouble getting comfy, but slept all night with the help of her “magic morphine button”. I’m impressed that they trust children with them...

Grammaretto Tue 01-Dec-20 07:02:30

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it's still dark.
Thanks so very much for your kind thoughts and wishes. It has really helped me. I daresay there will be plenty of dark days to come but now MrG's suffering is over and it really was peaceful at the end.

I am so glad your DGD's op went well Grandmatte
It's December already. That's 2020 nearly done with all its sadnesses.

Beechnut Tue 01-Dec-20 07:08:35

Good Morning everyone and pinch punch from Severnside. It’s getting light with the apricot glow.
Good news about your granddaughter Mattie. Onward she goes.
Just a normal Tuesday for me. I did enjoy myself yesterday though with card making and cutting out Christmas things and then an hour or so in the garden in the afternoon.

Enjoy your evening Pantglas and have a good day all ?

Jaxjacky Tue 01-Dec-20 07:18:04

Good morning, dark and chillier here. Good news GM and Dx, not for your car Ash, very frustrating.
Ironing today, tends to be only DH’s shirts and a job I detest, but I shall watch something while I do it. Then clear the kitchen floor, it’s being latexed tomorrow, Karndean going in on Thursday.
I think I can hear the excitement of the first Advent calendars being opened! I remember so well that anticipation.

Have a gentle day all.

Urmstongran Tue 01-Dec-20 07:21:27

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where I can see the Pennines quite clearly as the ridge is defined from behind by the most beautiful sunrise sky - stripes of pink, pale blue and apricot. So pretty.

1st December it is! My adult daughters, son in law and one ‘almost’ all have the ‘Liberty’ advent calendars from me to open. The joys of receiving a state pension meant I could afford to splurge on them all this year! They all deserve it - it’s been a tough year.

I binge watched ‘Chernobyl’ yesterday. What an excellent series with great acting.

So glad to hear your granddaughter’s operation went well yesterday afternoon grandMattie.

Hope Tuesday is good to us all. I must text a friend in Bristol in a bit as it’s her birthday and I was unable to send a card. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Sark Tue 01-Dec-20 07:21:33

Good morning from Oxfordshire. I haven't looked out but still dark, dry and cold.
grandMattie excellent news bless her
Grammaretto yes what a sad year 2020 has been, especially for youflowers
DH received an email to say he had won some tickets for the Blenheim Palace Christmas lights trail next week.
Not feeling very 'Christmassy' so it will be lovely to wrap up warm and get into the spirit, probably helped with a glass of mulled wine along the way!
Hope everyone has as good a day as possiblesmile

brook2704 Tue 01-Dec-20 07:22:31

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s another dry and cold start to the day. There’s not much I can do in the garden during the winter so I’ll probably get well wrapped up and go for a walk later.
Yesterday’s trip to the gym for a swim was really good, it was the first time I’d been back since March and it was that quiet that I had the pool all to myself - bliss! I’m going to try to go a couple of afternoons a week if I can...
GrandMattie I’m so pleased your DGD operation went so well and she’s now on the road to recovery.
Grammaretto lovely to see you posting, sending ❤️
I hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care whatever the day brings ?

Bellasnana Tue 01-Dec-20 07:27:20

Good morning and ‘White Rabbits’ from Malta where the weather is good.

Scentia, what a sad anniversary for you today. Your niece was taken much too soon.flowers

Very glad to hear your little lass came through her op successfully and that she has had a good night, grandMattie. Hope she continues to do well.

Had a lovely walk in the countryside yesterday with a friend. It’s a bit tough having to wear the mask but we sat down on strategically placed benches along the way which helped us get our breath back! I will add a couple of photos.

No plans today. Still in bed. Might put the Christmas tree up.

Have a good day all, and hugs to those with sorrows or worries.☀️☀️

Beauregard Tue 01-Dec-20 07:37:14

Good morning everyone. It's dry and brightening here in Derbyshire. As the sun is due to put in an appearance today the bed will be stripped (as soon as DH gets out of it) and the washing machine will be on.

1st December! Perhaps it's time for me to step up a gear with Christmas preparations as it's not really been happening so far.

Not much planned today, perhaps a walk this morning.

Lovely to see you posting Grammaretto flowers
Glad to hear your DGD is doing well grandMattie

Hope everyone has a good day today.

Ashcombe Tue 01-Dec-20 07:38:47

Just popped back to share the sunrise, viewed from my bedroom just now. It certainly lifted my spirits and I hope it will do the same for the lovely folk on this thread. ?

Witzend Tue 01-Dec-20 07:41:03

Looking like a nice day here - I can see a rosy sunrise from the kitchen window, to make up for yesterday - very dismal, grey mist and mizzle.
I’ve opened the first little window of my Advent calendar.?
Nearly all cards written - off to post them today, plus a little parcel for sister in the U.S.

Gingster Tue 01-Dec-20 07:41:50

Good morning and it’s forecast to be a sunny day. That will lift our spirits in this dreary time of year. 1st December - can you believe it!

How lovely of you to post Grammaretto . We have all been thinking of you. One day at a time and easy does it ?.

Granmattie so pleased the op went well. Iris will soon be feeling much better, especially with all this love winging her way ♥️.. AND she has the excitement of Christmas to look forward to?

Pantglas have a lovely evening

Sar Im Wondering which Country Park you are off to ?.

We put some more decs up yesterday and DH and I compromised re tree (fake/real). We put old faithful up and bought a small real one growing in a pot. We’ll decorate and put it in the conservatory. Both happy! ?.

I’m taking the twins to the orthodontist today to have their braces adjusted. They like me to take them as we stop off on the way home for a few snacks to take back to school. 14yr old boys and as lovely as can be. ?.

Hope they sort the car ASAP Ashcombe ?

Scentia those games will bring back memories. We used to like mastermind (don’t know why it was called that) . Trivial Pursuits always caused a bit of hilarity and competition. Pictionary was another favourite. Have fun!

Good wishes to all ?

Witzend Tue 01-Dec-20 07:44:31

Lovely photo, Ashcombe.
First official day of winter, isn’t it, so let’s hope this augurs well for the rest of it.

NannyJan53 Tue 01-Dec-20 07:47:35

Good morning from a bright albeit frosty Black Country.

I am going to post my Christmas cards today, and the small parcel for my friend in Lincs. So that will be one job out of
the way.

It looks like it may be a brighter day today, so I may ring my friend who lives nearby to see if she would like to go for a walk. We have known each other since we were 18 and are now both 67! Lost touch for a few years, but now I live literally 10 minutes walk away from her.

Pleased to hear your DGD has come through the operation grandMattie, such a relief for you all.

Grammaretto my love and thoughts are with you flowers

Wishing you all a good day

Pittcity Tue 01-Dec-20 07:51:07

Good morning from a grey, chilly but dry Colchester.
Nothing on today's agenda...a state that I am becoming used to sadly.