Gransnet forums

Chat

Can anyone lend a hand, please??

(61 Posts)
Nortsat Tue 01-Dec-20 09:51:47

Phoenix I am with Lucca on this ... you definitely need to be clasped to a manly chest.

You can give MrP the day off ... and then decide whose chest you would like to be clasped to ...

I nominate ... Rufus Sewell or Idris Elba. ?

Charleygirl5 Tue 01-Dec-20 09:46:42

Dare I ask if you have been remotely near a hospital or even, God forbid, your GP? You need a tad more than Mr. P helping you at present, it appears you need medical help. My nagging hat is within easy reach.

BlueBelle Tue 01-Dec-20 09:45:56

Sorry your update wasn’t there when I posted ?

BlueBelle Tue 01-Dec-20 09:45:19

nannygoesshoppong ???
Is this a CoviD cough phoenix ?
Get well soon

phoenix Tue 01-Dec-20 09:44:56

Hello all!

No, not Covid, well GP thinks not, what I thought was my COPD playing up was actually a chest infection tchsad

Just finished a course of steroid and antibiotics, will be starting another one tomorrow.

Doctor says if that doesn't sort it, then it's an admission to hospital tchshock

Lucca Tue 01-Dec-20 09:40:48

You need to be clasped to the chest of a manly hero?

Nannylovesshopping Tue 01-Dec-20 09:40:11

I am laughing because you have such a way with words! am sorry you are so poorly, am wondering if Mr P could assist? brings a whole new meaning to the phrase, ‘he’s got wandering hands’

GrannyGravy13 Tue 01-Dec-20 09:37:36

Sorry to hear you are poorly Phoenix hope you feel better soon flowers

(Are you/have you been tested for Covid)

Parsley3 Tue 01-Dec-20 09:33:14

Stiff stays to hold your ribs in place?

GrannySomerset Tue 01-Dec-20 09:32:51

Poor Phoenix - it sounds as though you need a COVID test as well as an assistant!

phoenix Tue 01-Dec-20 09:31:09

You see, I've only got 2, and I need 3.

One to put over my mouth when I cough, one to hold my ribs, which hurt when I cough, and the extra one to hold the top of my head which feels as if it's going to fly off when I cough.

So, I think the easiest for an assistant to help with would be the head.

Shin pads might be advisable, because the speed and gay abandon with which I cross my legs when I cough could carry considerable risk of injury!

tchgrin