Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(80 Posts)
12Michael Wed 02-Dec-20 06:12:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but dry at the moment here in Brackley this morning.
Today a quiet day, although I did suffer yesterday , I have been having spells when going out of breathing problems, with chest pains when wearing a face mask ,although wash them , its when I been to a supermarket I tent to pick up my pace , maybe I should slow down , but with a chest cold system as well , did make an online appointment with surgery with a doctor there for this afternoon phone chat .
Otherwise , looks Xmas on my own , my sister was going to Canada to stay with my niece, but situation in Manitoba with a continuous lockdown makes it impossible .
Its like writing 2020 off all together as everything is in a turmoil .
Take care,
Mick

baubles Wed 02-Dec-20 08:06:06

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire. I’m sorry you aren’t feeling great Mick, I hope the doctor can help.

grandMattie I do hope Iris is comfortable today.

I finally finished writing the cards yesterday, DH took them to the post office, that’s his contribution to the card sending. grin

Did a bit of decking the halls, fighting off the ‘what’s the point, no one will see this’ blues the whole time so FaceTimed DD to show her my efforts after which I didn’t feel so grinchy. Her littlest child blew me kisses, impossible not to smile at that.

Today I’ll try to make myself get out or a while, I’m still not completely confident on my own after my dizziness last week although it’s almost gone.

Hope everyone’s day goes well. Look after yourselves.

baubles Wed 02-Dec-20 08:10:15

EllanV that sounds distressing, hope you’re better today.

Gingster Wed 02-Dec-20 08:15:41

Good morning all and it’s quite bright here in Essex.

Sar I’ve never heard about the Country Park Cherry Orchard. I’ll look into it and maybe have a drive there .

grNdmattie it’s such early days for your little one. It’s all to be expected. How long will she be in hospital for ? Healing wishes go out to her. ?

Ashcombe your tree looks beautiful. ?. Those blessed lights drive you mad don’t they ? ? . I’ll send a pic of my little real tree. So pleased with it.

Urmstongran your lovely candle arch ! Very special ! ♥️

One of the twin Gs’s Has a child in his tutor group with the virus , so 100 pupils now off school for 2 weeks. I really fear for their education.

Mick so pleased you’ve been in touch with the surgery. You have to get these things checked out.

Hope you’re all getting into the festive spirit. We need this to brighten us all up. ?.

Take care everyone ?

Marydoll Wed 02-Dec-20 08:15:54

Good morning all, its positively tropical here in Glasgow, Grandmattie at 7°C ?

Its to be expected that your wee granddaughter is feeling discombulated GM, but as others have said, the combination of anaesthetic and morphine will have knocked her for six. I'm sure she will feel a bit better today. She sounds a very brave and resilient wee girl. You must be very proud of her.

Mick, I'm sure your GP will reassure you. If he had been really worried, he would have sent you straight to A& E, as happened to me!!! I hope he will be able to help, better to be safe than sorry

I spent hours yesterday working on DDs wedding photo album. Once I got the hang of the software, I became so immersed in the project. So much so, that I forgot about dinner, until DH called up to say he was making it. That's a first, I must try that ploy more often! ? Just to check it today, before uploading it to the company and her Christmas surprise is ready. I even manged to get money off, so a good result all round.
All the skills thought I had lost returned and I realised how much I used to enjoy being creative on a PC. I know, I'm a bit geeky!!! Grandmasue will understand where I'm coming from. ?

Today we are putting up one of our trees. Never a year has gone by, without DH and I falling out. We usually do both at the same time, but its now too much for me to do on my own. I have made a Christmas play list to pipe through the house to try and create the Christmas experience.
Watch this space. I'm not holding out much hope! Last year I bought special wheels to store the lights to prevent the tangle fiasco. Fingers crossed it has worked.

Last night DS 2, who never put up a tree nor decorations in his flat, sent me a message to say that he had a virtual log fire burning on his TV screen, was playing Christmas music and putting up the tree in his new home.
What has happened to my boy??? ? My future DIL is what has happened! ?

DD messaged to say that there are huge queues on the Debenhams website. What a dreadful thing to happen to all those loyal employees.

Wishing you all a pleasant day and of course, my thoughts are with all who have ill health and worries.?

I will be back later to read properly, I'm off to Debenhams website.

EllanVannin Wed 02-Dec-20 08:16:14

Baubles, normally I get blue-lighted into hospital when that happens but I rode it out instead. I don't get any chest pain or laboured breathing as I try to remain calm. I've had this malarky on and off for over 30 years now since the menopause and I put a lot of it down to anxiety as I do like to get things right.
However, apart from feeling groggy, I'm fine, thankyou.

Oldbutstilluseful Wed 02-Dec-20 08:21:07

Good morning from a very cold N Hants. Beautiful photo Ginny, thank you.
Hearing the sad news about Debenhams and as my bed linen is wearing very thin, I thought I’d go online and see if I could pick up some bargains. Managed to get enough to ‘see me out’ if it all arrives. No problems ordering, then I read today how their website keeps crashing due to volume of users.
Not often I get lucky like that, so today I’m feeling hopeful and grateful at the same time.
Sorry you’re feeling poorly Mick. You’ve kept so cheerful all the way through, you deserve to feel better very soon.
Your little soldier sounds very brave Grandmattie, and I hope your Covid warrior is feeling better, Urmanstongran. Love your candle bridge. I’ve got 2, but they’re still in the loft!

Lins1066 Wed 02-Dec-20 08:21:38

Take care of yourself Ellan, rest up today ?

Oldbutstilluseful Wed 02-Dec-20 08:33:34

Good luck Marydoll. There were some great bargains on Debenhams website, I really hope you can manage to log on.
Sorry you were so poorly Ellanvannin. Hope you feel better today. I suspect your daughter would have preferred to know you were struggling, even with all her own troubles.

dragonfly46 Wed 02-Dec-20 08:43:52

Ellan think you need to have a restful day - look after yourself.

Grammaretto we will be right there with you on Friday flowers

NanKate Wed 02-Dec-20 08:44:04

Morning Mick and All.

A calm cold day in South Bucks.

Hope your DGD starts to feel. Enter today grandMattie. It’s a lot for a little one to cope with.

Glad you have sorted a Dr appointment quickly Mick we can’t have you in the sick bay.

We are lucky being in Tier 2 as we can go to our favourite cafe for coffee and a warmed almond croissant today, although I can’t do that with a friend, but I mustn’t moan as those of you in Tier 3 are virtually grounded.

NanKate Wed 02-Dec-20 08:44:48

Where enter came from I don’t know !

EllanVannin Wed 02-Dec-20 08:46:09

Lins/ Oldbutstilluseful, thankyou both. I've actually just had the crumpets so I'll pick up as the day goes. I don't intend doing much today anyway.
Trouble is, I still think I'm 20 grin maybe in mind, but certainly not body as I found out.

EllanVannin Wed 02-Dec-20 08:49:18

Will do Dragonfly, you too ! It's such a stressful time of year at the best of times, without the virus joining in as well adding to it.

Susan56 Wed 02-Dec-20 08:50:25

Good morning from Shropshire.

We woke up to a very cold house.I had altered the heating to come on at 4 yesterday ready for our early start but forgot to alter it back to come on at 7 today despite the large note I left myself saying adjust heating time?

I have been struggling to breath when wearing a mask.I find myself taking very deep breaths.I hadn’t thought about it being a panic attack but makes sense as I don’t go shopping very often and it is something I have to build up to as I am not comfortable in the shops but needs must.

Hope Iris has a better day grandmattie.Hopefully as the effects of the morphine and anaesthetic wear off she will start to feel more herself.What a little star???

Grammaretto?

Cherry??

Have the best day you can all.

Grandmabatty Wed 02-Dec-20 08:51:01

Good morning All. It's dry in Polmont and looks cold but it is December after all! Mick better to get chest pains checked out. Grandmattie your dgd is doing so well. I think she's a star. EllanVannin you probably should tell your dd how you're feeling. I hope you are taking things easy today. Ashcombe what a sparkly tree! Untangling the lights is such a pain, especially when they aren't yours. Nortsat I hope you are feeling better now. Dragonfly it's easy to slip into that dark place before you know it. I hope you are feeling more like yourself today and have a good day. I hope grandmafrench is better today too after a poorly day yesterday. I have to nip to the doctor's surgery at some point today after nature has taken its course, if you see what I mean. Then I might go to the local aldi to buy some alcohol for Christmas presents. They do a nice selection of gins. Apart from that, I might make scones and I'll put mince in the slow cooker so mince, potatoes and dumplings, or as us Scots call them, doughboys, for tea. I posted all my cards yesterday so I might wrap a few presents and write the cards for the neighbours. Tomorrow is a babysitting day so I'll enjoy the quiet today. Have a good day all.

Susan56 Wed 02-Dec-20 08:51:19

Have a restful day Ellan and hope you feel better as the day goes on.x

Oldbutstilluseful Wed 02-Dec-20 08:59:30

Don’t we all Ellan!

Anniebach Wed 02-Dec-20 09:00:24

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

MawBe Wed 02-Dec-20 09:01:36

Good morning all. I did look in at 3.30 but nobody was about so I read the online paper and went back to sleep about 5. Not a good move.
Anyway I am sorry to hear you sounding “down” Mick - I hope the doctor can sort you out.
EV I am more worried about you, please, please rest up today and leave the supermarket to your D. I’d never heard the phrase about “choking a goat” but love it!
First week of a new film course this afternoon - we are discussing The Magnificent Ambersons. My opinion is that “Georgie” needed a good smack - not that I believe in corporal punishment for children but he was a brat when he was little and IMO stayed a brat !
I shall be pressing the pieces of my Icelandic wool throw for D’s Christmas present and want to have it sewn up by the weekend so that I can crochet the edging. I keep moving the pieces around and have changed my mind at least twice on the layout.
Envious of those with hair appointments, I had booked one for next week but the salon is not reopening and has gone out of business ???
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

EllanVannin Wed 02-Dec-20 09:04:54

Susan x

annsixty Wed 02-Dec-20 09:08:59

Good morning all from Ann damp Stockport.
No windscreen scraping today.
My GD complained yesterday that the house was very chilly when she gets up now that she is getting up earlier.
When she was working from home she was able to roll out of bed at 8:30 and at her computer by 9.
Now she is going out at 8:30.
We extended the hours for the CH and it was too warm this morning.
We are never satisfied.
Back to Tier 3 today, which for people like me, indeed most people, means little change.
Have the best day you can everyone and a special mention to brave little Iris.

Marydoll Wed 02-Dec-20 09:20:20

EV, I'm sorry to hear you are unwell. Make sure you ahve a restful day. ?

harrigran Wed 02-Dec-20 09:20:38

Good morning from a grey but dry NE.
Disturbed night for both of us, DH checking the computer at intervals through the night to try and get delivery slots, hopeless. I may have to ask sister if she can add essentials to her order.
I ordered a couple of things from Debenhams just a few hours before the announcement, I shall wait and see if they are actually delivered.
Yesterday we were expecting a delivery of disposable masks, had the text message that they were on the way by Royal mail, an hour or two later we had another text to say that they had returned the parcel to sender. Company promised to resend but what a fiasco and at a time when DH has so many medical appointments.
Today DH has a CT scan at 6.30, I think it will be an early bedtime for him as the effort of getting there and back will wipe him out.

Gelisajams Wed 02-Dec-20 09:24:41

Good morning from another wet one in Morecambe Bay. I’m sure we get more rain here than any where else! Mick EV look after yourselves. Have a restful day.
I didn’t get half the things done yesterday that I intended although I was called out to plant a rose that had arrived through the post for one of my gardening people. That wasn’t in the plan! We got a tree from a local supermarket, so didn’t have to travel far. I left it to relax before I dressed it, after it had been cooped up in its net, and slowly slowly it more than filled it’s allotted space and attempted to climb up the wall. This means rearranging the furniture this morning which wasn’t in the script for today. I hope I’ve got enough decorations for it or it will look rather sad! Hopefully I’ll get some lights on the back rope barrier if it stops raining, then get the cake done.
DH is now asking me if I’m exercising this morning!
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Grandmabatty Wed 02-Dec-20 09:24:54

I forgot to say to Brooke that I have fond memories of Cawdor woods. A dear friend of my family built his house overlooking Loch Flemington with Cawdor Woods at the back and we had many happy visits there.