Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(80 Posts)
12Michael Wed 02-Dec-20 06:12:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but dry at the moment here in Brackley this morning.
Today a quiet day, although I did suffer yesterday , I have been having spells when going out of breathing problems, with chest pains when wearing a face mask ,although wash them , its when I been to a supermarket I tent to pick up my pace , maybe I should slow down , but with a chest cold system as well , did make an online appointment with surgery with a doctor there for this afternoon phone chat .
Otherwise , looks Xmas on my own , my sister was going to Canada to stay with my niece, but situation in Manitoba with a continuous lockdown makes it impossible .
Its like writing 2020 off all together as everything is in a turmoil .
Take care,
Mick

Redhead56 Wed 02-Dec-20 12:51:58

Mick and others who maybe be alone at Christmas. You will have all your well wishes from Gransnet to keep you company no matter how busy we all are.

Blossoming Wed 02-Dec-20 13:36:17

Good afternoon, late to the party as ever. Not enough hours in my day. I don’t know if anybody noticed I’ve been missing for several days as I’m still quite new here. I mentioned in my last post that I was going to the pharmacy to sort out a problem with my regular repeat prescription. I had a really horrible experience thanks to an extremely rude member of staff at the pharmacy and my problem has still not been sorted out. I have complained to their head office and have not yet heard back from them. Not even an acknowledgment of my complaint. The whole thing has been very upsetting and triggered an attack of the on/off stomach upsets that have been a feature of my life for many years. I haven’t had much sleep and wasn’t in a good state of mind for online communication.

Hope everyone one is doing Ok, good news about a vaccine this morning.

NanKate Wed 02-Dec-20 17:41:50

Blossoming welcome back. How awful for you especially as you are not feeling 100%.

I tread very carefully with the staff at the doctors’ because I feel if I stand up for myself, not being rude but assertive, I could be struck off the list. ?

Best of luck with getting some sort of apology.

Blossoming Wed 02-Dec-20 18:11:57

Thank you NanKate. The staff at the GP surgery are always very helpful, the staff at the pharmacy less so! My next prescription is due mid January and I’m going to be changing my nominated pharmacy to one that is actually nearer my home. I’ve asked other people and they’ve given good opinions. I’m still waiting to see what the current one does about my complaint.