Gransnet forums

Chat

Most Irritating Celebrity on TV at the moment

(109 Posts)
tinaf1 Sat 05-Dec-20 19:31:05

I’m going for Idris Elba advertising for TV Christmas programs on Sky this year : especially for the twelve films of Christmas
Every bloody break and I can’t keep going out to kitchen to make a cup of tea!?

Lucretzia Sat 05-Dec-20 23:31:55

I rather like Nish. The Mash Report is satire

I am another who can't be doing with Holly and Philip.

I used to rather like Philip when he presented with Ferne but not now.

Piers Morgan is another who is a massive irritant

I do love Idris though, tinafl!

WOODMOUSE49 Sat 05-Dec-20 23:43:10

Jeremy Clarkson. Not seen or heard so much these days, thank goodness.

There are some I can't take to because of their voice . Not naming them. I think it would be unfair to say they irritate me because of how they talk.

lemsip Sat 05-Dec-20 23:47:22

Jeremy clarkson hosts 'Who wants to be a millionaire' currently. I never liked him but have changed my mind now,.

Nannytopsy Sun 06-Dec-20 00:02:27

Graham Norton!

hollysteers Sun 06-Dec-20 00:08:51

Lucy Worsley. Shame really as I’m interested in history, but her smugness and dressing up annoy me. I can read her books however.
Paxo, so bloody grim and humourless, but I like the programme. Bring back charming Bamber Gascoigne!
Joanna Lumley, pretty perfect and knows it.

Kate1949 Sun 06-Dec-20 00:11:44

These are making me laugh. My DH often says to me 'You don't like anyone do you?'.

Calendargirl Sun 06-Dec-20 08:08:53

Alex Jones with her squawky, grating voice. Cannot imagine how she was chosen to present a presenting show.

Most of the presenters on Countryfile, Matt Baker, Anita Rani, smug Adam Henson. DH nearly switches off when John Craven starts flogging the calendar, I don’t mind him, but think he would have been booted out years ago if he’d been a woman.

I like Tom Heap though, if that’s his name.

And any C list celebrities who turn up on any new game show or contest at the drop of a hat.

Sparkling Sun 06-Dec-20 08:19:19

So many, Holly and Phil, Naga Munchetty, that Brenda on Loose women constantly screeching. Davina oh my goodness, the worst. Michael McIntyre has become manic. Think I'll stop there.

Knittynatter Sun 06-Dec-20 08:26:52

As I was taught ‘if you can’t be nice, say nothing’ I’ll just be nice and say that I agree with most of the statements above ?

JuneRose Sun 06-Dec-20 08:27:36

All of the above!!

Davina McCall definitely...don't know why but she irritates me. Philip and Holly ...not helped by the way my husband says 'Oooh Hello Holly' in a suggestive voice every time she appears on tv.

Simpering Susanna Reid never getting a word in edgeways sitting next to the self satisfied, opinionated, pompous twit Piers Morgan with a soppy grin on her face.

Sparkling Sun 06-Dec-20 08:35:26

Oh the other one I switch off, Amanda Holden. The older she gets the tinier the dress and the more enhancements. It's almost as if it's unnatural now to get older. There are a few like Alison Steadman that don't shy away from it, that are interested in people and nature and not just how they look?

Habitat Sun 06-Dec-20 08:41:13

Naga Munchetty

Puzzler61 Sun 06-Dec-20 08:47:32

DH cannot bear anything Keith Lemmon is in. He can’t find the remote quickly enough to switch over.

PamelaJ1 Sun 06-Dec-20 08:48:46

Can I nominate a ‘gang’?

The strictly team. I’ve never heard so much gushing as I heard last night. Even Craig seems to be joining in.

Liz46 Sun 06-Dec-20 08:51:45

Naga Munchetty. I turn the sound down when she is ‘interviewing’ someone. I don’t know how the politicians stay patient with her and Charlie. They are so rude and aggressive.

DanniRae Sun 06-Dec-20 08:53:54

Danny Dyer - Gemma Collins - Jo Brand - Claudia Winkleman and her ridiculous fringe - Janet Street Porter - I am sure I will be back with some more!!

glammanana Sun 06-Dec-20 08:56:16

I certainly don't class her as a celebrity by any chance but I reach for the remote when anything with Gemma Collins in,she is so false and talentless.
Most of the above specially Keith Lemmon,such a waste of TV time.

sodapop Sun 06-Dec-20 08:57:12

I'm with your husband Puzzler Lemmon makes me cringe as well.
I dislike the same people as most other posters, the same 'celebrities ' are over paid and over exposed on TV. I stopped watching This Morning a long time ago the behaviour of Willoughby and Schofield is so childish and irritating.

Witzend Sun 06-Dec-20 09:19:35

Most of them TBH, which is why I give so many programmes a miss.

Whoever said Lucy Worsley, yes! For the same reasons.
And Alice Roberts - her voice irritates me, and all that footage of her walking around looking intelligently thoughtful...

Of course it goes without saying that I’m a fully paid up Grumpy Old Bag nowadays, and very easily irritated!

harrigran Sun 06-Dec-20 09:26:32

I think you have covered every irritating person that I dislike, I refuse to call some of them personalities as they most certainly do not have a likeable personality.

Oldwoman70 Sun 06-Dec-20 09:27:29

Agree with most of the above but especially Graham Norton, Jeremy Clarkson and the truly awful Keith Lemmon!

eazybee Sun 06-Dec-20 09:32:00

I agree with the OP; that man drives me up the wall prancing about, and I didn't even realise it was Idris Elba.

TerriBull Sun 06-Dec-20 09:42:36

Phil and Holly absolutely!

Scarlett Moffatt would be another, I think I heard her say once she had loads of academic qualifications, but I remember her from Google Box when her father, who came across as far more knowledgeable, explaining basic common knowledge facts, such as the Normal Conquest of England and her permanently furrowed brow trying to process anything that was outside what appeared to be the vast gaps in her general knowledge.

As irritating as the aforementioned all are, they pale into insignificant compared to Gemma Collins, how on earth did she manage to get herself propelled into the limelight, she has no discernible talent whatsoever and is completely obnoxious with it shock

TerriBull Sun 06-Dec-20 09:50:17

insignificant insignificance

Grannynannywanny Sun 06-Dec-20 09:54:11

Slightly off topic but I can’t bear that advert for men’s boxer shorts that appears most mornings.

A man standing there wearing them and extolling the virtues of the super glide panels to prevent chaffing etc.

They can be worn and returned if the customer is not satisfied. Presumably if a man still experiences chub rub he can pop them back in the post for a refund ?