Gransnet forums

Chat

I'm b****y furious..

(34 Posts)
farview Tue 08-Dec-20 14:11:16

Tuesdays I work at the hospice shop, usually take the car,today H or rather (I for idiot) had the car..so he picked me up from work at 1p.m...we got home,he took his bob hat off...and I noticed he'd had his hair cut...I asked had he been to usual barbers and he said No, went to another one as it was empty...I asked if the barber wore a mask.."No"......so I've been in the car with him and hes had a stranger near him with no mask on..I'm furious ...am I overreacting? ..I've just marked the calendar and resisted temptation to bash him with a saucepan...

Callistemon Tue 08-Dec-20 14:14:21

A frozen leg of lamb is better.
You can eat the evidence.

Seriously, I would not be best pleased about the barber not wearing a mask - no wonder his salon was empty.

eazybee Tue 08-Dec-20 14:18:02

I would say you are reacting.

eazybee Tue 08-Dec-20 14:18:22

over-reacting

Pumpkinpie Tue 08-Dec-20 14:24:59

I don’t think you’re over react8ng at all !
Is t the barber breaking the rules ?

ginny Tue 08-Dec-20 14:36:00

I don’t blame you for being cross.

Nanagem Tue 08-Dec-20 14:43:11

I thought barbers had to wear a mask, perhaps that’s why no one else was there !,

I would be cross, but try not to get to worked up about it, it’s been and done, and hopefully he will think next time

rosecarmel Tue 08-Dec-20 14:47:40

I second the leg of lamb-

Feelingmyage55 Tue 08-Dec-20 14:48:43

I’d be sending him to shower, brush teeth and wash all clothes including jacket. He’d be grovelling for a while.

Doodledog Tue 08-Dec-20 14:50:55

I don't think you are over-reacting.

Not because the barber may be breaking the rules, as rules do not protect anyone from the virus - behaviour does - but because because as a couple you are in this together. If one of you behaves in such a way as to risk contracting the virus it has an impact on the other.

For this reason, I think your husband was out of line. Having said that, given that you are going out to work in a shop once a week, I think you are also taking a risk which could affect your husband, so maybe you need to work out between you where your collective boundaries lie?

timetogo2016 Tue 08-Dec-20 14:57:02

Yes a leg of lamb may knock some sense into him then knock him out.
What a total fool.

farview Tue 08-Dec-20 15:13:06

I work behind a perspex screen, wear a mask,and constantly sanitize hands...H is now realising that he took a risk but just didn't think..am not cross with him anymore...just with the barber....

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 08-Dec-20 15:16:30

You definitely are not over-reacting. Maybe you should ask the barber if he wants to be a Super Spreader?

LauraNorder Tue 08-Dec-20 15:21:21

Orlin has been just as stupid and I have marked the date and counted on. I think I hit him so hard with the leg of lamb that he has finally learned.

kittylester Tue 08-Dec-20 15:24:58

I left my hairdresser of 30+ years because she was very negligent about wearing a mask.

My understanding is that a hairdresser should wear both a mask and a visor so I would be livid that you dh took the risk - his responsibility not the barbers.

Luckygirl Tue 08-Dec-20 15:27:35

Silly thing to do.

When will people grasp that their silly actions put others at risk?

cornergran Tue 08-Dec-20 15:43:36

Oh dear, hopefully he’s ashamed enough not to do it again farview. I often have the ‘for goodness sake think’ conversations with Mr C when instinct seems to take over from conscious thought.

Lyndylou Tue 08-Dec-20 15:51:38

No I don't think you are over reacting, any barber should know better. Mind you I have the opposite problem. My OH refuses to get his hair but "until the pandemic is over". Since he doesn't go to the barbers without several weeks of nagging persuasion anyway, that means he has not had a trim at all this year. I will resort to tying it back with a scrunchie soon.

farview Tue 08-Dec-20 16:20:48

cornergran I can honestly say..that for the first time in 48 yrs married..he is definitely ashamed ?...and in all honesty maybe a tad worried...
LauraNorder...a man thing maybe? ?

Roses Tue 08-Dec-20 16:27:37

Hairdressers and barbers would be closed down instantly if there is an inspection and they are not abiding by the rules

Summerlove Tue 08-Dec-20 16:32:13

While I’d be frustrated at the barber, it was your husband who chose to go in.

All you can do is watch and wait.

Tangerine Tue 08-Dec-20 19:46:13

I would be upset too but you can't turn back time.

Just watch and wait. Try and keep calm.

I have not had the same situation exactly but have been in the position of having to definitely worry about being in the presence of someone who subsequently tested positive. Everything turned out all right in the end.

TrendyNannie6 Tue 08-Dec-20 20:00:45

I can understand how cross you are, but it’s done now, I’d mark the date on the calendar. Watch and wait. I’m shocked your DH would do it, and shocked that the barber would be cutting hair with no mask

Redhead56 Tue 08-Dec-20 20:28:00

We got in a taxi with masks on the driver didn't. He actually said we could take ours off if we wanted. I told him very firmly that was not a good idea. When we rang a taxi again we said we wanted a driver wearing a mask.

Katek Tue 08-Dec-20 21:56:59

LyndyLou - I too have a Dh who hasn’t had his hair cut since pre pandemic! As he has a full head of curly hair he’s looking like D’Artagnan. Think he secretly likes feeling he’s back in the 70’s!