Gransnet forums

Chat

I'm b****y furious..

(35 Posts)
farview Tue 08-Dec-20 14:11:16

Tuesdays I work at the hospice shop, usually take the car,today H or rather (I for idiot) had the car..so he picked me up from work at 1p.m...we got home,he took his bob hat off...and I noticed he'd had his hair cut...I asked had he been to usual barbers and he said No, went to another one as it was empty...I asked if the barber wore a mask.."No"......so I've been in the car with him and hes had a stranger near him with no mask on..I'm furious ...am I overreacting? ..I've just marked the calendar and resisted temptation to bash him with a saucepan...

Callistemon Tue 08-Dec-20 22:03:35

I've had to wield my scissors on DH.
I even let him trim the back of mine, now that was taking a chance!

Marydoll Tue 08-Dec-20 22:11:00

I have been cutting my husband's hair since I started shielding in March, he has saved a fortune, whilst at the same keeping me safe by not going to the barber's.

With each cut, I'm getting better at it! Practice makes perfect. I have found a new career! ?
Those whose husband need a hair cut, should give it a go. ?

Katek Tue 08-Dec-20 22:17:31

I’m afraid my Dh wouldn’t let me anywhere near his head! I did offer to try but he recoiled in horror.......grin!

Callistemon Tue 08-Dec-20 22:23:33

He usually complains that I've cut it too short but I tell him it will grow and it saves me doing it too often.

V3ra Tue 08-Dec-20 22:27:08

My husband had a go at his own hair with the clippers, then asked me to tidy it up.
I've done the dog twice as well, but not with the same clippers I hasten to add ?
Actually I was rather pleased with how they both turned out!

Marydoll Tue 08-Dec-20 23:05:57

A rare positive from lockdown. We have discovered hidden talents!

DH was beginning to look like the man in the Hamlet advert, so I decided to take drastic action.
I borrowed DD'S thinning scissors, but got a bit carried away! ? DH wasn't happy, but I thought he looked quite trendy!! ?
Anything would have been better that what he had.

Hithere Tue 08-Dec-20 23:47:40

"While I’d be frustrated at the barber, it was your husband who chose to go in.

All you can do is watch and wait."

Exactly Summerlove

grannyrebel7 Wed 09-Dec-20 07:51:59

My DH hasn't been to a barber's since March either. He looked like the Wild Man of Borneo and he grew a beard and moustache for Movember as well. I couldn't look at him for a month! He has now allowed me to cut his hair and he's had a shave thankfully. smile

Jellybean345 Wed 09-Dec-20 09:20:45

I’m amazed (leg of lamb )surely he would have worn a mask himself before entering the barbers ?Not the answer a half measure but maybe a prompt for others a two way trip .