Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's lovely warm and friendly kitchen

(1001 Posts)
kittylester Wed 09-Dec-20 21:01:46

I hope no-one else has done this or we will get confused- which we all know is very easily done.

Bubbly on the side just in case any one else turns up.

If not, see you tomorrow.

Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite

dragonfly46 Fri 11-Dec-20 16:16:16

Hallo everyone. I don't expect there is any fizz left?

The wreath is lovely kitty. We have one with a reindeer and a bell but I am going to try and make one over Zoom next week. Don't think I will be posting any pics though!!

We (DH) decided to upgrade our Internet this week. We duly received the new router, set it up and it halved the speed!! I did tell him that if it aint broke don't fix it but did he listen?
Luckily they sent an engineer the next day who binned the new router and refitted the old one. He did redirect the wires all round the house though which has vastly improved the signal.
The best bit was that when I rang Sky to tell them Iwould not be returning the router they told me I was paying far too much for my package and reduced it by over £30 a month. Must be the Christmas spirit!

Love Mac's new hair soop.
What a horrid experience soop I do hope they can sort you out soon.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 11-Dec-20 16:18:59

annsixty we have joked about putting tree in the baby jail I think it might be a solution ??

Baggs Fri 11-Dec-20 16:23:16

24 hours has increased to a possible resolution of the problem by the 16th!!!!!!!!!

I think that when the Soops do have an internet connection it should be FREE. The trouble they've had!

We have had less bother since we switched from BT to Zen. Cheaper too.

Grandmabatty Fri 11-Dec-20 16:45:39

Grannygravy what a wee star your dgs looks. Nothing will be safe! My dgs at 20 months went all round my tree touching the ornaments, looking at me and saying, "no." So he's got the message I think. I've had a day of driving here and there. I met a friend for coffee this morning then had to drop off samples at the surgery then nipped to dd with Christmas gifts that had been handed in. Naturally I stayed for a cuppa. Home now and having a seat. Stay well lovely people. I'll see you tomorrow.

cornergran Fri 11-Dec-20 17:00:38

Oh blimey on both counts soop, we know you’ll be back with us when you can. Please don’t worry, we’ll all be incredibly well behaved. Thanks for the update baggs

Quiet day here, grey skies haven’t tempted us out. Long chat with a friend, sorted the Alexa that has been under a chair for a week while courage was acquired. Cooked salmon and veg at lunch time so an easy evening ahead.

Our tree also lived inside the playpen to protect it from inquisitive fingers and also from our dotty dog. Your grandson looks too cute to cause any problem grannyg. Have faith tchsmile.

Time to find something useful to occupy myself with while my feet are up. A book calls I think.

TOYA. Take care everyone.

Puzzler61 Sat 12-Dec-20 08:20:41

Good morning kitcheners. Just popped in to tidy up while soop ‘s unable to join us. I hope she’s not getting in a twist about the ‘pooter problems.
These buggerations shall pass. Just stay calm and serene. You are recuperating, please remember dear lady.
I saw a pink stripe across the sky this morning and am not sure what that means (rain?, snow?) but I have to pop into the city centre today so I’ll be leaving soon after I sign off.
I think it will be a busy day in the shops with just 12 days to go until Christmas Eve.
Enjoy trimming trees, doing Christmas baking or wrapping presents and all the many things you busy peeps will be up to today.
To grans who don’t feel too good or haven’t had a full night’s sleep: have a gentle day.
The picture is a charity tree in my local Cathedral festival.
TOYA ?

Nannytopsy Sat 12-Dec-20 13:53:02

When I saw the tree, I thought your house was pretty impressive Puzzler
! grin
Another grey, damp day, so sewing, rugby and Christmas cards today.
Hope you enjoy your days.

kittylester Sat 12-Dec-20 14:45:26

My new tree!! Cant decide whether to put baubles on or not - what do you think?

kittylester Sat 12-Dec-20 15:23:23

Forgot the photo, again.

Puzzler61 Sat 12-Dec-20 15:30:16

Ha ha Nannytopsy my house and tree are modest (and quite modern). That tree is in the Cloisters of our beautiful Cathedral in Worcester.
kitty I think your winter tree is beautiful in its simplicity without any additional baubles, especially as the wall behind is such a festive hue.

Puzzler61 Sat 12-Dec-20 15:33:16

Our tree at Puzzler Manor ?

NanaandGrampy Sat 12-Dec-20 16:32:59

Afternoon all !

Lovely Christmas tree pics !!

Sorry to hear of the ;incident; Soop . Hope hat gets sorted quickly .

Its our village Christmas Tree Trail tonight. Maps have been made of all the houses with lights and everyone is off out to have a look. We have a number of mobile food vans also on the sports field , all carefully socially distancing . All monies raised will go to the local primary school.

Its lovely to have something nice going on.

We discussed it with Sam....... he was less than enthusiastic !!

Grandmabatty Sat 12-Dec-20 16:59:20

What lovely trees, both traditional and modern. I've included a photo of the nativity scene mum knitted years back. It's currently gracing my ds's window sill.

Puzzler61 Sat 12-Dec-20 17:44:51

The nativity figures are very pretty. Your mum had very nimble fingers to put the features on the tiny faces. It’s so colourful too Grandmabatty.

Puzzler61 Sat 12-Dec-20 17:45:52

Sam is very chilled out NandG. Enjoy the Christmas tree trail. ?

Grandmafrench Sat 12-Dec-20 17:52:50

Hello all.....I've made it back. Did you think I was gone for good? Well, tuff, I've managed to struggle to get a proper connection and speed through DH's 'phone. We are also suffering the curse of the internet and I am, similar to soop irritated and furious by turns at the lack of any help from SFR here in France. They are possibly laid out in a dark place -because they are certainly not dealing with phone calls!!!!!!!

Anyroad up, as the saying goes. I am so pleased to see that Xmas is well and truly under way, prezzies are being wrapped (aided by the odd festive glass), trees look wonderful (mine will go up in the next few days because you are all shaming me) and a generally positive air hangs over the brand new Kitchen.

Sorry you are unable to host at the moment, soop dear. I expect maintenance of MacS's new style is taking up a lot of your time, along with checking and catering for Miss Fern. Are you planning on trapping her soon? It pays to remember that you have to be a bit unkind (not cruel) to be kind. She needs to be checked over, sterilised etc., to ensure all is well. And it'll be worth it to establish if she's a girlie (or not)! If you put the food in the trap/cage for a couple of times so that she's happy going in and out and then set it so that you can catch her and take her directly to the Vet, you'll probably only have to put up with a lot of very loud and angry singing in the car.

Sorry to hear you're having a small setback. Hope the Doc will sort it out for you and that it will be but temporary. x

Kitty I think Puzzler's right, no baubles. It's rather Scandi-chic, and possibly looks nicer without. I have similar twigs which I put in a plain white jug with a ribbon around it.

Sad to hear you're having health problems, Sar. You've not had the best start to retirement, have you. What a year, Covid, car damage, health worries. Just can't wait to get rid of this year. 2020 is certainly about to be wiped from my memory forever and always. Hope you're feeling a bit more cheerful today.

I so love the toddler stories and photos. I think the Xmas tree in a playpen, is a brilliant idea. GrannyG this might just save your lovely tree from baby demolition. (Either that, or attach that Santababba firmly to the tree and then the tree very carefully to the radiator) You never know, you might even have a moment to sit down for a cuppa!!

Grandmabatty, hope your day has not been too tiring and you're feeling better. And, finally, Nanny&Grampy - how I LOVE that gorgeous dog.

Good evening to all, take care and feet up now, everyone.
Hugs from French France x

Puzzler61 Sat 12-Dec-20 18:10:46

Not you as well Grandmafrench! These internet providers are not earning their g’zillions.
I hope you are enjoying the weekend and that trimming your Christmas tree is nearly at the top of your to-do list?
Big hug from me in tier 2 of the UK ?

Sar53 Sat 12-Dec-20 19:11:51

Good evening, we, or rather DH is about to settle down to watch the snooker. I shall continue with my knitting, read the paper and attempt the crossword.
I didn't sleep well last night so will not be late to bed tonight.
Sorry to hear your internet is playing up Grandmafrench.
Take care everyone and TOYA.

Doodle Sat 12-Dec-20 20:07:35

Sorry for all the internet troubles,
Hope everyone is ok and keeping well.
Love all the photos of the Christmas trees. Ours is tiny....not quite as tiny as yours Kitty but not so stylish either.?
TOYA ?

Galen Sat 12-Dec-20 20:50:15

Kitty definitely no baubles.
I haven’t an indoor treee this year. Gary has put lights in the mulberry tree for me and it looks very nice.
I’ve put my crib up and that’s it for me!
Got to make a Victoria sponge for Gary on Wednesday as it’s his birthday on Thursday
Kate and I have made a dark Jamaican ginger cake that’s resting until Monday. Best eaten thinly sliced with butter I’m told.
I’ll leave some on the kitchen table when I’ve woken it.
(Apparently even cakes have to be woke now!)

Charleygirl5 Sat 12-Dec-20 21:01:50

N&G it looks as though Sam has forgotten his guard dog duties. Was he going to invite the burglars to rest- less hassle for him.

Tara and I will be having yet another early night-she has 3 bowls of food on the floor- the sooner she realises this is a poor house the better because more is appearing this evening.
TOYA

Puzzler61 Sat 12-Dec-20 21:14:33

Night night Charley and Tara. ?
Sweet slumbers.

Nannytopsy Sun 13-Dec-20 12:20:12

The jacket is finally finished!
Now I can get on with Christmas! Hope soop & Grandmafrench get their internet sorted soon.

Puzzler61 Sun 13-Dec-20 12:29:14

That’s an adorable pattern on the jacket! Nannytopsy have you made that? Were you a tailoress in your work life?
I’s wonderful. Well done.

Puzzler61 Sun 13-Dec-20 12:31:13

* It’s (not I’s).

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion