Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's lovely warm and friendly kitchen

(1001 Posts)
kittylester Wed 09-Dec-20 21:01:46

I hope no-one else has done this or we will get confused- which we all know is very easily done.

Bubbly on the side just in case any one else turns up.

If not, see you tomorrow.

Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite

Urmstongran Fri 15-Jan-21 18:41:58

‘Evening All’
?

Lovely photos of pets on here. We used to have two cocker spaniel sisters who were such affectionate sweethearts. I remember them with great fondness.

I’ve had a much better mindset today after a great sleep last night. The restorative powers eh? This virus is two months in and some days I feel low and anxious with it. But not today. Yay!

I’m going to watch a programme about Dolly Parton at 9pm tonight. I like her & her music. Might see if I can find some chocolate to enjoy while I watch it as I’m only halfway through dry January!

Hope everyone has a relaxing and peaceful night ahead. x

‘Goodnight All”.

Galen Fri 15-Jan-21 20:05:33

I come bearing fresh baked dark Jamaican ginger cake. Slice thinly and serve with lashings of butter

Galen Fri 15-Jan-21 20:07:14

Grandmafrench I originally came from the Black Country

annodomini Fri 15-Jan-21 20:14:53

Freezing fog this morning and again tonight. My least favourite weather, especially if I'm driving which I'm not at the moment, my old banger having failed its MOT so badly that it wasn't worth repairing. Luckily I've a very short walk to the co-op if I need emergency supplies.
It was just this sort of weather when I had DS2. We lived close (but not too close) to the M1 and could hear the sirens of emergency vehicles all night. Baby arrived at noon the next day and tomorrow that baby is 48 and beginning to lose his hair. sad

Charleygirl5 Fri 15-Jan-21 21:23:15

Lauranorder when the time is right I am going to rescue a couple of cats from an abusive home through Cat Protection League. The minimum time I will have them is 5 months but I will not have veterinary expenses and the Cat Protection League will supply everything including feeding bowls although I have those + a couple of litter trays. Would it not be possible to do similar and care for a dog?

It is so difficult to have an animal put to sleep and have to live in a very empty, quiet house.
TOYA

cornergran Fri 15-Jan-21 22:03:05

Decent day here weather-wise, good to see some sunshine. I’ve been fidgety, twitching about all day. Does anyone else have those sorts of days? Mr C. suggested a slow stroll, all I say is his idea of slow does not resemble mine in any way hmm. It was good to be out but didn’t settle me. Oh well, another day tomorrow as they say.

I’m really an Essex girl grandmafrench. Landed in Somerset via 5 other counties but Essex is still home. .

There are many and various names to be made up from the initials BT, soop. Shall we all have a competition? Hope the mystery of the parcel is solved.

Best try to settle and rest. Sleep well everyone. TOYA.

Grandmafrench Fri 15-Jan-21 22:56:49

Oh good, Galen - I was very nearly a tiny bit right, then!

corner you're saying that you slowly sneaked up on Somerset? Love it! Hope your inner Essex girl still livens up your particular corner from time to time!

I think a little Tara-type person will find its way into your heart and your home quite soon, Charley. You've no need to be home alone with all those sad little souls waiting for someone like you to love.

Glad you're feeling a bit better, Susan - a brief lie in courtesy of the divine Miss M today? Good plan.

Puzzler not sure what air mail you can provide, but I challenge you to defeat the new EU parcels rules - which actually nobody knows anything about. Meanwhile any small Puzzler emergency parcels will be greatly appreciated. Bring them on! Should you need tomatoes, citrus fruit, any fruit, cauliflowers, all vegetables and any manner of foreign cheeses, just let me know and I will arrange an air drop in exchange, courtesy of Biggles, my portly pigeon. {There's a bird who could tell you plenty about Logistics!}

You sound a little bit cheered, soop, no thanks to the Bungling Bastids of Technoland {that land being a very small place on the far side of Pluto - which might explain the inordinate delays in locating a small helping of decency and common sense! Fern is certainly a woman cat of mystery, isn't she? But then, imagine you having just an 'ordinary' cat !! ?

Hope the flood waters are still being held back and wishing you all a decent night, free of pain, worry and bad dreams, lovely Kitchener types.

TOYA and see you tomorrow. Hugs and hot chocolate from French France ? xx

Nannytopsy Sat 16-Jan-21 10:16:58

Morning all! We have snow at the moment but it’s started to look a bit wet.
I was a Black Country girl too Galen, from Bilston. Went to school in Wolverhampton. There are a few of us on GN.
Sewing or decorating today?Tricky decision!
Kept warm and safe everyone.

Nannyfaraway Sat 16-Jan-21 10:44:13

Good morning everyone. I don't seem to be very good at coming on here but will try and do so more often. I had my first Covid vaccination on Tuesday as am a Health and Social worker. Took me over a day to actually get through and book it though.
Anyway I'll try and catch up with everyone later. In the meantime TOYA

Charleygirl5 Sat 16-Jan-21 11:11:49

In my area of London we have been invited, if we have no symptoms, to have a test. I tried online at various checkpoints but no vacancies for January or February so I gave up.

Grandamafrench the CPL cats for rescuing are staying indoors for the foreseeable future so I will get my home prepared in readiness for a few months time.

Snow was forecast so that probably means sunshine and showers. I have not been beyond my wheelie bins since a week past Thursday so maybe I will venture out today.
TOYA

Galen Sat 16-Jan-21 12:59:30

nanatopsy I went to school in Wednesbury, then boarding school in Lichfield, then Wolverhampton tech and eventually Birmingham university

soop Sat 16-Jan-21 12:59:42

Good afternoon dear peoples. A wee bit soggy hereaboots. Fern, having had two meals since breakfast, is on a mission. To where? Who knows. Providing she stays safe and returns in the not too distant future, I shall be well pleased.

Thank you Galen. Have you baked Gary a cake? Us lot are unwilling to share ours with him. So there. wink

Charleyg Way to go...I can well imagine how excited you must feel and, if I could, I would be helping you to prepare for the lucky felines who will eventually become part of your household.

Nannytopsy I shall be watching the snooker. Although we have plans for outdoor decorating once the spring arrives.

Grandmafrench An early morning phone call from an engineer who remembers trying to sort out our broadband gremlins in 2019, Mr Soop continues to be polite. I continue to simmer. The dear man (engineer) "will call us back sometime today". Right! Time for me to attempt cartwheels around the sitting room.

corner Go ahead. Surprise me with an appropriate name for the initials BT. Whatever you do, please do not get yourself barred from GN. We like having you here in the kitchen.

I intend returning later this afternoon. In the meantime, please continue to take the best possible care of yourselves.

Susan56 Sat 16-Jan-21 13:15:14

soop,that made me laugh???‍♂️??‍♀️?

Grandmabatty Sat 16-Jan-21 14:10:45

Good afternoon*Soop*. It was grey and damp in Polmont earlier but I'm looking at blue skies now. I should have gone to Aldi today but suddenly couldn't be bothered so a quick check on Tesco and I have a delivery coming tomorrow. I'm feeling very sad today because of a family split. I'll get over it and it's been coming for a while but nevertheless it's made me sad for the people concerned. On a brighter note,I nipped up to dd to pick up morning rolls she had got me and sil insisted I stayed for second breakfast so sat and had a bacon roll. He's a keeper! He cooks and keeps that kitchen sparkling. Macaroni cheese for tea I think. And I must get moving and do some housework.

Galen Sat 16-Jan-21 15:16:28

Gary has his own. I made two this time

Jaxjacky Sat 16-Jan-21 15:29:51

Good afternoon all, after rain all morning down South it’s brightened up, but I’m too warm and toasty after a shower to venture out. Bumbling Toerags is the politest I can submit for BT, you couldn’t write this saga into a b&w farce script.
Tesco excelled again with yesterday’s delivery, no substitutions, perhaps they could fix your internet Soop?
Chicken, ham and leek pies from the local butchers tonight, first time we’ve tried them, they look yum.

soop Sat 16-Jan-21 16:50:44

Galen grin

Grandmabatty Family splits are heart wrenching. No matter what, we need to stay focused and continue to love those concerned without passing judgement.
Your son-in-law seems like a very decent individual. Please don't tell him that the lunchtime dishes in our house are still draining. I was brought up to be very house proud. It appears that, of late, I've become a tad too laid back. It's not a sin...is it?

Jaxjacky I shall whisper the following - there hasn't been a beep from BT since the engineer phoned earlier and promised to get back to us. Tears hair and looks forward to a stiff G&T a little later.
The pies sound delicious. Enjoy.

Bye for now. Tomorrow may bring better news of some kind or another. Hope is the key right now. smile moon

kittylester Sat 16-Jan-21 17:10:19

I'll have piece of cake galen an extra large one please. I'm a meal behind today. We were up late and the DD2 rang for a video chat which included lots of chat with the children but I missed breakfast completely as it was lunchtime by the time we finished talking!!

Bloody Twerps springs to mind soop. That is appalling service. I hope it gets sorted soon.

Jax we get pies from a fabulous pie make near Melton Mowbray and i now have an urge for mince and blue cheese pie.

Despite all the downsides to lockdown, upsides have emerged. We order as many or as few pies as we like and they turn up a few days later ready to be eaten or frozen. They offer gf, vegetarian and vegan pies as well.

Grandmabatty, splits are often for the best in the long run but getting to the other end is often hard.

Off to find some food. TOYA

Jaxjacky Sat 16-Jan-21 17:16:58

kittylester
My husband had a steak and Stilton pie some years ago whilst working in the New Forest, it created the smelliest gas/wind/farts I’ve ever endured!

Grandmabatty Sat 16-Jan-21 17:17:23

Soop and Kittylester* thank you for your kind and wise words. My son in law is very decent Soop and is a great husband and father. I've known him since he was 17 and it's lovely to have watched him grow up. Kittylester it's like a little bereavement. I won't see that person again and they'll no longer be part of my family. Oh well,off to make macaroni cheese and have some wine. TOYA

Grandmabatty Sat 16-Jan-21 17:18:16

JaxJacky???

Urmstongran Sat 16-Jan-21 20:55:24

‘Evening All’
?

It’s been a quiet day. I phoned a dear friend this afternoon. We shared anxieties (she’s been my go-to for over 30y) and swapped news and I came off the phone feeling teary in a good way. A trouble shared and all that. A better sense of perspective ensued.

It’s been a quiet evening. Himself is watching football and I’m on here.

Nothing I fancy on television. Horlicks soon and perhaps a read.

Hope everyone here has a peaceful evening. x

‘Goodnight All’.

Urmstongran Sat 16-Jan-21 20:56:37

? for you Grandmabatty I can feel your sadness. x

Grandmabatty Sat 16-Jan-21 21:03:28

Urmstongran many thanks.

Jaxjacky Sat 16-Jan-21 21:19:25

Grandmabatty any break up casts waves and you have one washing over you, hugs ?

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion