Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(66 Posts)
12Michael Thu 10-Dec-20 06:18:08

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark as usual , but looks dry and obviously cold.
I am hoping to bus it to Bicester this morning to shop , try and get my haircut ,and visit my bakery cafe .
But I am waiting an email as to estimated delivery slot from DHL , with my Parsley Box of Christmas food items etc.
Take Care,
Mick

Legs55 Thu 10-Dec-20 10:30:28

Good morning all from a very damp, grey Devon. A day for staying at home, little light housework this morning, present wrapping this afternoon.

Next week I will finish my present shopping & start on buying nice food to enjoy over the festive season. I will spend all the Christmas period on my own except for Christmas Day when I am going to DD's as normal, get there about 10.00, exchange presents, DGSs are 10 & 3 so that will be lovely. I usually leave about 3.00/3.30.

Covid has made little difference to my plans, I have missed going to see DM, she is nearly 92 & lives 300 miles away. I normally visit in November but she is in Tier 3 & has Carers so I would have been unable to visit her or stay with her even if I could have made a case for my journey being essential. At least this year she will have Carers going in on Christmas Day so she will see some-one instead of being on her own tchsmile

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 10-Dec-20 10:31:41

Morning all from South Notts, the weather isn't really doing anything but at least it's dry. Nothing planned, I'll just continue with the sock knitting which has become a bit of an obsession.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Taichinan Thu 10-Dec-20 10:54:20

Good morning all. The Angus coast is cold, windy and unremittingly grey today. But never mind, soon be Spring.
I slept late - again! - so will spend another day trying to catch up. I've been taking just half an antihistamine tablet (just half, mind!) to see if it will help me to sleep through the itching and boy is that working! The itch is still there in the day time, but I've a couple of creams for that. Hey ho, on we go.
I'm so late I haven't looked through everyone's posts yet, but I must just mention the lovely card that Bellasnana showed us yesterday - loved it. Oh yes, and as I scrolled quickly through I had to stop and read your Santa memories Marydoll - your school must seem very quiet now without you there, and the staff must miss all your antics!!
Now off I go to find the day. Please have a good one everyone, in whatever way you can. ???

CherryCezzy Thu 10-Dec-20 11:24:42

A good, if late, morning everyone. It's very grey and misty in the Gower.

I didn't have a good night, didn't get to sleep until 3am, I had a number of myoclonic seizures and must have had a partial awareness seizure in the night as I have a few small bruises.

Hairdresser"s this afternoon, yay! I've been waiting since 26th November, when I had to cancel because my WP sliced cut his hand! My hair was already in a mess then so it's positively ? now. My WP had his stitches out yesterday but he's still got a nasty wound.

Sorry for sounding so miserable, must give myself a shake (as long as it's not a shaky seizure ?).

Loving all the photos today, I especially like the mug ?

Sorry to hear that Iris is missing her school friends grandMattie but a sign she's feeling more like herself I think ?

Stay cosy and safe everyone ❤️

Mapleleaf Thu 10-Dec-20 11:29:35

I've got a couple of those Swedish dala horses, Gramaretto. They are lovely, aren' t they? I'm sure your attempt will look fine ?.

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 10-Dec-20 11:30:37

Good Morning all from Dry Harrogate. I've just taken delivery of a Morrisons shop - They've given me 2 x fresh cream which only DH will eat, and been charged for them. The Yogurt I ordered was 2 for £2, I've only got one and been charged £1.65 At the moment I'm doing alternate weeks between Sainsburies and Morrison, I've got delivery passes for both. Does anyone else have this problem with Morrisons? - I'd far rather go to the store myself, it takes far less time than browsing then not getting what's wanted!!!

Moan over (for the time being) are you sure we don't share the dame DH Marydoll? My DH is a technophobe, I'm the Geek!! It used to be he would deal with TVs and me the computers, but now the TVs are 'smart' I have to deal with them as well

No more moans!!!!

Mick have you had any results from your blood and any other tests?

Chins up everyone, the end (of COVID) is in sight!!
I went and had my hair cut yesterday my my usual hairdresser, she thought I'd deserted her. While in the vicinity I nipped into a deserted Debenhams!! Bought some presents for myself and for the GC - bargains, recommend it!!

Hope everyone is feeling a bit better.

EllanVannin Thu 10-Dec-20 11:43:35

Good Morning All x.
Breezy grey and a bit cold, but it's dry. I'm sorely tempted to wash some woollens and hang them out.

Showered and fed and ready for the day. I'd stated on another thread yesterday that my surgery had rang inviting me for " the jab ". Because the call knocked the wind out of my sails I wasn't prepared with an answer except to fluff my way through a thousand and one excuses. In the end the receptionist told me to phone back when I'm ready.

I don't like being taken by surprise, although saying that, one year---the 19th of December, I was phoned up last minute to attend a PET scan, which I took up no problem.
Anyway, it's not that I'm ungrateful as I'd stressed but I need time to think with this one. It's the warfarin-taking that held me back, it seems to get in the way of everything.

Anyway, because I live like a hermit I'm safe for the time being and have no intention of seeing a soul nor going into a crowded place and I'll toss a coin whether to go to M&S later on for all the goodies----tempting grin

Another laugh from Marydoll and the antics at " St. Trinians " . I bet you're a fun lady, which has kept you going through adversity with the health problems cropping up.

I'll have to start the wrapping soon as it's going to be quite a task with the 7 GGC, although a couple of Christmas carrier bags will suffice for the twin teens. Roll on after Christmas when I'll be able to have more space in the bedroom. Right now a cat wouldn't find its kittens in there grin

I'm loving the variety of pics and that Christmas card Urmston just made me smile at the little faces.

Hope everyone has a decent day, stay safe wherever you might be and take care of yourselves, love to Gilly too xx

Nortsat Thu 10-Dec-20 11:49:17

Urms popped back because I couldn’t stop laughing at your ‘Dog-tivity’ greetings.
It is so funny ... I have saved the picture (hope you don’t mind) and will send it family and friends.

Thank you ?

Feelingmyage55 Thu 10-Dec-20 11:51:25

Good morning from a chilly, overcast and very damp north of Scotland. Various deliveries have arrived, thank goodness. I do go. To the pharmacy to collect my prescription but nowhere else. I’ve been for a walk locally and there are lots of lights up and decorations which looks cheerful but made me feel a bit tearful too. My daughter will be here for Christmas, staying in the annex and hoping that we might be able to eat Christmas dinner together if she comes in my front door and I set up the hall with a festive table and tree. Will that work? We may just zoom but I’ll know she is just through the wall. As a key worker, who is exhausted, maybe she’ll just want to sleep?. I think I might start some present wrapping and watch a Christmas film this afternoon. have the best day you can everyone. I’m going back to read the thread now with my one coffee of the day.

Urmstongran Thu 10-Dec-20 12:20:54

Share the joy Norts it’s brilliant isn’t it? Glad you liked it too EV and Ashcombe. I love ‘quirky’!
?

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 10-Dec-20 12:23:03

Hope this si acceptable and will brighten your day!!

RETIRED HUSBAND

After I retired, my wife insisted that I accompany her on her trips to
MAKRO.

Unfortunately, like most men, I found shopping boring and preferred to get
in and get out.

Equally unfortunate, my wife is like most women - she loves to browse.

Yesterday my dear wife received the following letter from the local Makro:

Dear Mrs. Harris,

Over the past six months, your husband has caused quite a commotion in our
store.

We cannot tolerate this behaviour and have been forced to ban both of you
from the store. Our complaints against your husband, Mr. Harris, are listed
below and are documented by our video surveillance cameras:

1. June 15: He took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other
people's carts when they weren't looking.

2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute
intervals.

3. July 7: He made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the
women's restroom.

4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice,'Code
3 in Housewares. Get on it right away'..

This caused the employee to leave her assigned station and receive a
reprimand from her Supervisor that in turn resulted with a union grievance,
causing management to lose time and costing the company money. We don't have
a Code 3.

5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to put a bag of M&Ms on
layby

6. August 14: Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.

7. August 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told the children
shoppers he'd invite them in if they would bring pillows and blankets from
the bedding department to which twenty children obliged.

8. August 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him he began crying and
screamed, 'Why can't you people just leave me alone?' EMTs were called.

9. September 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a
mirror while he picked his nose.

10. September 10: While handling guns in the hunting department, he asked
the clerk where the antidepressants were.

11. October 3: Darted around the store suspiciously while loudly humming the
' Mission Impossible' theme.

12. October 6 In the auto department, he practiced his 'Madonna look' using
different sizes of funnels.

13. October 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through,
yelled 'PICK ME! PICK ME!'

14. October 22: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed
a fetal position and screamed 'OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!'

15. Took a box of condoms to the checkout clerk and asked where is the
fitting room?

And last, but not least:

16. October 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, and
then yelled very loudly, 'Hey! There's no toilet paper in here.' One of the
clerks passed out.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 10-Dec-20 13:17:29

That has made me chuckle gwenisgreat1 , we have just returned from the Farm Shop, MrGG13 was already at the till before I had finished shopping ???

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 10-Dec-20 13:23:19

It is soo familiar, isn't it GrannyGravy13

Beauregard Thu 10-Dec-20 14:04:13

Gwenisgreat loved that ???

And your card Urms

SewnSew Thu 10-Dec-20 20:39:58

Gingster - try Green People Unscented Shampoo - it's organic, too. It works wonders on my itchy head. Easiest to get online. It's not cheap but a little goes a long way.