Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(56 Posts)
Ashcombe Sat 19-Dec-20 06:32:04

Good morning, Mick and the usual early birds, Dwwmxwg, and grandMattie, plus everyone following,

Fish and chips (cooked here!) for me too last night! My air fryer cooks frozen wedges in 10 mins which is brilliant!

A very wet and windy night has given way to a calmer start to the day, I’m pleased to say. We are gathering at The Little Theatre, Torquay this afternoon for a Covid secure event for Toads members to view videos made by some during lockdown. My rôle is to record who sits where in case of any positive cases following this event. It will be good to see folk although recognising familiar faces wearing masks presents a challenge!

Happy weekend, everyone! Thoughts to those feeling sad or in pain. ???

Pantglas2 Sat 19-Dec-20 06:31:46

Morning Mick and all who follow from a dry north Wales where I’m up with sparrowfart as I’m trotting to Lidl for 7am to pick up a posh little turkey ? - one that’s had it’s ears stroked and been read a bedtime story for the last six months, as my DD mocked ?

So here at long last is my wee tree......ta dah‼️

Sorry to hear that so many of you have other halves unwell, NannyJan and others - it’s almost worse than having something yourself isn’t it! Hope you get sorted Urmstongran before Christmas and little Iris continues to come on in leaps and bounds.

Not sure where the word bottoming comes from - is it Lancashire? My first Saturday job was in a pub helping out with B&B and the landlady was from Eccles and a cleaning dervish!

Stay safe and enjoy your weekend x

farview Sat 19-Dec-20 06:31:17

Good morning Mick and everyone...dark but at last dry in Bolton....mega wobble day yesterday...so big girl pants on today!!!
Going to get stuck in to some gardening tidying
Thinking of all of you with aches and pain and troubles ?

grandMattie Sat 19-Dec-20 06:21:55

Good morning from a dark, wet E Kent. Only2 more days to the winter solstice. With any luck, he virus will recede with the increasing daylight.
That was kind of the chippie to give you that little treat, Mick.
Nothing on today - rugby, sewing, etc.
I’m hoping to Skype DD and her girls, get news of Iris. Eggshells!
Make today one of the gentlest, most enjoyable days. Stay safe. X

Dwmxwg Sat 19-Dec-20 06:20:26

Good morning Mick and all to come from a very wet north Surrey. Not had the best night, probably due to a combination of wine, pizza and chocolate to accompany the present wrapping with DD. Never mind, I did enjoy them and the evening so must take the consequences.
Visit to mum and dad this morning and trip to the chemist to collect a prescription for mum.
Otherwise dog walking and the Strictly final
Have a good day all GMs

12Michael Sat 19-Dec-20 06:13:06

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, and wet here in Brackley this morning .
Yesterday, I went and got some Fish & Chips and the owner added a little treat two pancake rolls .
Today , will venture to Bicester on the bus , I would have gone via Buckingham and hopefully seen someone I know , but we cannot cross tiers ,as the doors into Oxfordshire are open , Bicester is where I will go a bit later.
Take Care ,
Mick