Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(71 Posts)
12Michael Tue 22-Dec-20 06:15:53

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, looks like its wet outside here in brackley .
Today , my surgery nurse should be calling me this morning, before I embark on my last trip to Bicester before xmas .
Yesterday , a local junior school had made up hampers , and my name was drawn out , but I plan to share it with my younger brother when he visits subject to tiers .
Take care,
Mick

ginny Tue 22-Dec-20 08:09:53

Good Morning all.
Oh Pantglashope you heal quickly.
Here’s the other two flower arrangements.
Nothing in particular planned for today but I started knitting a little baby jacket yesterday so will get on with that this afternoon whilst watching something festive on the tv.
Hope you all find a ? today.

NannyJan53 Tue 22-Dec-20 08:11:13

Good morning from a bright cloudless Black Country. Hope it stays that way.

Hoping to go over to DD's village to have a walk with them today, if it stays dry.

I know what you mean Beauregard about present wrapping. I had to wait until MrJan had gone to his Opticians appointment yesterday, so I could wrap his presents. He retired in November, but was on Furlough since April.

Ouch! that sounds painful Pantglas I hope you heal quickly flowers

Good news about your car Ashcombe glad it has come back looking like new

Wishing you all a good and safe day

NanKate Tue 22-Dec-20 08:12:10

Morning Mick and All.

Thick cloud in South Bucks. We’ve passed the shortest day hurray.

So pleased for you Mick that you are the hamper winner.

Take it easy Pantglas it has taken me 5 weeks to fully recover from my tumble. It’s lucky neither of us broke anything.

I’m so sad like millions of others that we can’t be with our family for Christmas. However I’ve decided that I need a bit of the Wartime Spirit that our parents had, who coped with lack of food, bombed homes, evacuation. This nightmare will come to an end, but just like the War we don’t know when.

NannyJan53 Tue 22-Dec-20 08:13:19

Good luck with your Doctors appointment Urmston

Marydoll Tue 22-Dec-20 08:19:09

Good morning all from a cold Glasgow, its only 2 °C.

Mick, I hope your nurse has good news for you. You do seem much better, than a few weeks ago.

I have a few bits and bobs to do today, some tweaking on my PC and phone Dobbies/ Dobie's about floating Santa. The ? I bought was faulty. It should have been advertised as a floating Santa lantern. Check out the photo! ?

Yesterday I had a massive baking fail! I know you must all be shocked by my statement. Me fail, never!?
I had decided to make some spiced gingerbread biscuits to add to the Google bag for my neighbours.
The biscuits turned out well, the decoration didn't. ?
I realised that I hadn't bitten off more than I could chew, when I didn't have enough strength in my hands to squeeze the piping bag. I called for help from DH, who has neither baked nor piped, in his life. You will see the end result in the photo.
My children found it hilarious and conducted a worst biscuit poll via WhatsApp!

Your floor cleaning expertise is needed, GM, my grey tiles now have a white swirly icing pattern!
Farview that was a lovely thread you started yesterday, an uplifting thread, with no sniping.
Urms, I hope you had a positive phone call with your GP yesterday.

Wishing for a gentler day for Harri, Cherry, Nortsat and those privately struggling and putting on a brave face..
Sar, hoping for a good outcome for your daughter.

I have lost my post three times, clumsy hands! I hope this isn't a portent for the rest of the day! ?

Gingster Tue 22-Dec-20 08:21:04

Good morning all and it’s very mild here in Essex. Rained most of the day yesterday.

DH off to the surgery for 9am to have his ear redressed. It hasn’t healed as well as expected and is still quite sore. GS off to the hospital to have a head scan after his faint at school 3/4 weeks ago. It was cancelled last week. DSIL off to another hospital to have an angiogram. Oh dear! Poor NHS dealing with all this and the Virus! They really are doing their very best.

Well done on winning a Hamper, how lovelyMick

Poor you Pants. Lucky you didn’t knock your teeth out. And if you had put your hands out to save yourself, you could have broken your wrists. Every cloud! ??

Lauranorder that’s a lovely idea to do an art challenge on line. I might suggest it to our art group. It would give us motivation to get the paints out. ??‍?.

Sar I hope your DD’s procedure goes well ?

Grammaretto it is strange not having to think of large family gatherings this year. We are usually 16 but this year just the 2 of us. ?. Goodness knows what we will do with all the food. We’ll try to do our best. ??????.

Here’s hoping everyone’s appointments go well today. Keep safe as you can ?

harrigran Tue 22-Dec-20 08:23:18

Good morning from a cool but dry NE.
Yesterday was miserable and dark all day, the dampness seemed to get into my bones and my legs ached.
I should wrap gifts for GDs, I trust there will be Christmas paper in the cupboard.
All shopping finished except for bread tomorrow.

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 22-Dec-20 08:23:52

Good morning Mick and everyone, from a drizzly Oxfordshire, another relatively easy day today, DH has to take DD2 for a blood test at the Hospital, hopefully to get to the bottom of her problems at long last, so I’m dog sitting again.
Sorry about your fall Pantglas I tripped over DDs dog last week , fell half into the road and half on the muddy bank, it was a cold day so I was well padded, no one around at the time so my dignity intact and on my local FB page someone posted that they had found my glasses and had put them on the Dog Poo bin! Result. Bit sore though but it could have been worse.
Have a good day everyone and good wishes and a hug for all who need them

Jaxjacky Tue 22-Dec-20 08:28:12

Good morning all from a damp S Hants, very mild though. Well that’s DH finished work for a while, I wrapped his presents yesterday. Unfortunately one of my teeth started aching on Sunday night, my dentist gave me a course of antibiotics when I saw her in October, she thought I might get a problem, so I’ve started them. DH will pop to village later, to top up drinks, it’s minimal this year with just us two of us for most of Christmas, very unlike previous years when I’d be juggling fridge space.
Well Pantglas I hope you recover soon, how annoying! Ashcombe we love our own cars don’t we, it’s the familiarity. Urmstongram fingers crossed GP sorts you out and Mick a hamper, how exciting!
No real plans today, if I must, I’ll bung the hoover round, the new carpet is great, you can’t really see any ‘bits’.
Have a gentle day all.

Nannytopsy Tue 22-Dec-20 08:35:57

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Just waiting outside the dentist, so I will catch up later. After lots more rain, Suffolk is looking a bit brighter. ?
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

benjamina Tue 22-Dec-20 08:44:12

Good morning to all from Bolton, dark and cloudy here with a pale strip of pink showing me the sun is there - just well hidden!

I was on another thread last night (if I didn't have gransnet) and mentioned I had joined in March but have not posted much as I was still working, I started to join in when bellasnana said it was her birthday in July and we are the same age apart from one day!

Anyway - work got in the way and I have read lots but not written much at all.

I retired 6 weeks ago - so no excuses now.

Hope everyone has as good a day as possible in these strange times.

Anniebach Tue 22-Dec-20 08:52:04

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Jaxjacky Tue 22-Dec-20 09:00:27

Welcome benjamina to this delightful thread.

Alygran Tue 22-Dec-20 09:10:26

Good morning from North Yorkshire. The weather has flipped back to clear blue sky.
Meeting a friend this afternoon to walk across the top of Sutton Bank and hopefully see the gliders taking off and landing.
Just had my car insurance renewal quote. Ouch! Someone backed into me in the summer and although they accepted liability it seems to have changed my risk profile. Will get onto it after Christmas.
Hope the day is kind to everyone. Stay safe.

NannyJan53 Tue 22-Dec-20 09:13:30

Welcome Benjamina to our happy band of good morningers!

BlueSapphire Tue 22-Dec-20 09:15:22

Hello and good morning to all from a brighter Northampton. Am sitting in the kitchen waiting for the pressure cooker to come up to pressure - am cooking a ham to take to DD's tomorrow. Seems to take an age. Aha, has just come up, must set the timer.

Didn't do a lot yesterday apart from the usual tidying and cleaning. But I spent a very pleasant afternoon watching 'Dr Zhivago' on tv. I last saw it 50 years ago, and didn't remember a thing about it! Except for how good looking Omar Sharif was!

Not a lot planned for today, except a load of so of washing and hoover around downstairs. Will find something else to watch on tv later on.

Will now go back and catch up on all the unread posts! Have a safe day everyone.

Greyduster Tue 22-Dec-20 09:15:30

Enjoy your walk, Alygran; we love Sutton Bank but haven’t been up there for a while. Stupendous views!

Stilllearning Tue 22-Dec-20 09:18:01

Morning from a frosty S Lanarkshire, I haven’t had time to read the posts yet, I’ll do that later. I’m waiting for a drive by visit from my youngest daughter and my two grandchildren that I helped look after. They are going to put flowers on DD’s first baby’s grave, who was stillborn. Strictly speaking we are not allowed to travel from one council area to another but they won’t get out of the car except at the graveyard so won’t be in contact with anyone, I’ll just go out to the car and see them there. We’re regarding it as an essential journey.
Thanks for the lovely card yesterday Beechnut, really lovely. Good wishes everyone.

Grandmafrench Tue 22-Dec-20 09:22:09

Good morning everyone from what seems to be (reading other threads and the English news) the most hated country on earth at present.

Lots of problems, accidents, hospital visits on here. Real life can’t seem to stop for Christmas, I suppose. Pants, horrible ‘trip’ and a fat lip too. Get well soon. Jax and Grammaretto do hope the teething problems settle down. Sar so pleased your DD is being pro-active about her mole. Fingers crossed.
Urms enjoy your little bus outing and share the cheer with your happy chap. Hope you’ve stopped worrying and your face pains are under control. NannyT, good luck! Same to corner. Hope things are less painful, harri. Hoping Mr gingster’s ear heals quicker.

Well said, NanKate ?

Have a better day, Cherry. If you don’t get to drive the SantaCampa, Gelisa, does that mean you’re Santa’s Little Helper? If so, you’ll have to be the one wearing the wobbly reindeer antlers then! Bonne route ! ?

Welcome benjamina. Hi Ellan - lovely to see you still making us laugh! And Mary without my specs and enlarging the photo, my first thought was “ that’s a helluva lot of pork chops”. Sorry - but maybe suggest (kindly) to DH that Golf is more his thing. ?

Have the best day, all of you lovely people.Keep safe and don’t give up or give in.

??

Pittcity Tue 22-Dec-20 09:25:05

Good morning from a grey, mild Colchester.
Had a lie in this morning.
DH and DS are both trying to avoid giving me a lift to Tesco to try to get the things I couldn't get in Lidl yesterday. It looked like an apocalypse was expected. We've got plenty in but they're bound to ask for something that I couldn't get.
Will sit and read the previous posts now.
Much love to all xx

Auntieflo Tue 22-Dec-20 09:27:00

Good morning Mick, Annie and all.

We have just had a new mattress delivered. The delivery man, on his own, said "it is very heavy", and it is.
I will have to round up a couple of young, strong neighbours, to get it upstairs ?, or we will be sleeping downstairs.

Now to get the old one off the bed, and store it somewhere, until we can re-home it, or dispose of it.
Getting one downstairs will be easier. Just slide it down ?
Back later.
Have a good day one and all.

Parsley3 Tue 22-Dec-20 09:28:39

Good morning everyone from a cold and frosty Forth Valley.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 22-Dec-20 09:31:08

Good morning Mick and all

Well done on winning the hamper Mick

Hope your DD is ok Sar53, good luck at the Drs Urmstongran and Oh dear Pantglas I do hope you are feeling better.

I am off to play ker-plunk last day of Granny duties until 2021

Keep safe and well folks ??

annsixty Tue 22-Dec-20 09:36:26

Good morning all
Another one who thought Marydoll was planning a giant bbq for Christmas Day so it could be held socially distanced in the garden.
Waiting for my GD’s test results but she is worse today with what I suspect is a throat infection, she is very prone to them.
I expect to be discharged from physio this morning after my hip replacement from which I have made a good recovery.

I have photos somewhere of my face when I tripped and went flat on it so I can fully sympathise with Pantglas my bottom teeth actually went through my lip but it didn’t scar, I have a largish nose anyway, not improved by being bashed.

Have the best day you can everyone.

GrannyOwl5 Tue 22-Dec-20 09:40:40

Good morning everyone from north Kent where it is grey and damp.

An exciting event happening here later; our first click n collect from Sainsburys! Usually have online deliveries from Asda who have looked after us very well since March, but their recurring slots have been suspended until January so have taken the opportunity to try pastures new. Will have to get the car out and everything! Hopefully will remember how to drive as it’s quite a while since I last ventured on the road in a car. Think I shall have to lie in a dark room with a damp flannel on my head to recover.

Glad no major damage Pantglass . Funny how DDs always have to check for themselves in these matters.

Welcome Benjamina ; this thread is a good start to the day to catch up on everyone’s news and activities and share worries and concerns.

Hope the various medical and dental appointments go well and that everyone has a good day. Stay safe