Gransnet forums

Chat

are we running out of things to discuss........

(189 Posts)
travelsafar Tue 22-Dec-20 09:43:44

Someone asked is this 'what we are reduced too' referring to another person's post. I guess we are running out of things to discuss as none of us are going anywhere, all our social activities are no longer available so can't discuss the pros and cons of those, and we are relying on the news, family issues and the more mundane areas of life to put up posts. What do you think?? this is not a critisim just an observation. smile

Spangler Thu 24-Dec-20 10:34:39

Puzzler61 My God-daughter sent me a text with a link that I can't open. denimology.com/2020/12/jennifer-lopez-in-tom-ford-patchwork-jeans It's supposed to show you Jennifer Lopez wearing those mega expensive jeans. Did you click on Tom Ford's website? Those jeans look like something cobbled together out of bits of cast off jeans.

Puzzler61 Thu 24-Dec-20 10:41:23

I did. Gulp!

SueDonim Thu 24-Dec-20 11:14:48

I saw someone wearing patchwork jeans the other day. They were hideous! But I’m sure she thought she looked lovely, so as long as she was happy, it hardy matters what I think. grin

I didn’t have a Barbie or a Cindy. I was a bit too old, I think (am 66).

Instant Whip. I want a butterscotch one now.

Elegran Thu 24-Dec-20 11:27:54

"jeans that look like they've been recycled from older jeans." They probably were. A very successful firm posts a lot on Facebook about their cashmere hats, gloves, pashminas etc, all made from the old cashmere clothes that are sent to them. The difference is that those look very nice.

Elegran Thu 24-Dec-20 11:31:38

They are called Turtledoves. Their fingerless gloves look as though they are made from sleeves - £26 a pair. www.turtle-doves.co.uk/collections/cashmere-fingerless-gloves

LauraNorder Thu 24-Dec-20 11:32:04

I wasn’t aware of Sindy but wasn’t really a doll sort of girl once I got to be seven or eight but did love my dolls house and played with that with my sister until I was in my teens. Was mortified to be caught by a friend once. All my granddaughters have been through the Barbie stage.
Butterscotch Instant Whip sounds quite nice

LauraNorder Thu 24-Dec-20 11:33:33

Patchwork jeans not quite the same as the make do and mend of my youth.

Jules48 Thu 24-Dec-20 11:37:10

I bought some of those fingerless gloves from Turtledoves, Elegran. I think they’re quite pricey, considering they’re recycled. Also, I have average sized hands and they’re a bit narrow. Cosy though!

Elegran Thu 24-Dec-20 11:42:54

I've been wondering whether I have any old jumpers I can cut the sleeves out of to turn into gloves. They won't be cashmere, though.

sohfialee Thu 02-Dec-21 18:17:37

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Wheniwasyourage Thu 02-Dec-21 18:28:49

Reported

lemongrove Thu 02-Dec-21 21:20:07

Yes, and a year old thread, although it was a fun one.?

lemongrove Thu 02-Dec-21 21:21:02

Yes, and a year old thread, although it was a fun one.?