Gransnet forums

Chat

Strange happenings in the bathroom!

(85 Posts)
cathymum Mon 28-Dec-20 11:08:11

I bought a Father Christmas shaped hand soap dispenser to use in the bathroom over the festive season, I have noticed that everytime I go into the bathroom it is turned to face the wall. My OH admitted that he was doing this because he thought it looked sinister! Of course I dismissed this appropriately - as you do! This morning, as usual went to use the bathroom after OH and as usual noticed FC facing the wall then carried out the tidying session always needed before I can use the bathroom, replacing towels etc. Had my shower then while drying off noticed that FC was now facing the right way and did indeed look very sinister! Now I know I probably replaced him while on auto pilot tidying mode but I dont remember doing it! It could just be approaching madness, but to be on the safe side I might put him away somewhere. Does anyone else have untrustworthy household items or is it just me?

Sparklefizz Mon 28-Dec-20 11:12:42

I had a printer which would print a blank page all by itself in the middle of the night - even though it was switched off - which would wake me up.

Nobody believed me until a friend was staying and heard the same thing.

I was pleased when it broke down and I could replace it.

Get rid of Father Christmas! He can't be trusted!

lemongrove Mon 28-Dec-20 11:16:58

Haha....???
It’s an inanimate object?
We do lots of things on autopilot mode.

Glorybee Mon 28-Dec-20 11:18:58

Can you put a photo of the sinister looking FC on here? I’m really curious about him now! ?

Jane10 Mon 28-Dec-20 11:24:10

Year ago when I was a speech therapist 'Touch talker' devices were in their infancy. We were often startled to hear a miserable voice suddenly saying 'Battery is low now'. In an American accent. If I took one home to charge over night I'd often be woken by a triumphant voice loudly announcing 'Battery is full now'. Those were the days!

Marmight Mon 28-Dec-20 11:29:50

On a similar same theme, my 2 grandson’s Elf on the Shelf got up to all sorts of tricks during December; he put a fishing rod and net on the coffee table, read up on how to fish, propped baby Jesus on the back of the donkey, climbed on top of the clock, knocked over Rudolph’s oats and worst of all, drank Santa’s whisky. I blame the SiL although the GS are convinced it was the 4” Elf wot dunnit. DD is delighted Christmas is over & he can go back in his box for another 11 months.

MawBe Mon 28-Dec-20 11:58:47

Oh thank goodness!

I thought we were back to the “I haven’t been for 4days/2 months/since 1952 thread ???

grandtanteJE65 Mon 28-Dec-20 12:23:15

Well, I have a trusty paring knife that took unauthorised leave of absence for FOUR MONTHS before turning up innocently on the table!

I went out and bought a replacement and even that didn't make it turn for home.

Auntieflo Mon 28-Dec-20 12:27:11

MawBe

tchsmile

Maggiemaybe Mon 28-Dec-20 12:30:02

Haha....??? It’s an inanimate object?

Oh, lemongrove, you sound like that perky American teenager at the start of many a horror film. And we all know what happens next. tchshock

I’m squeezing my eyes tight shut now.

BlueBelle Mon 28-Dec-20 12:35:00

I have a tv that switches itself off and a radio in a different room that switches off sometimes when it’s on and on sometimes when it’s off It’s very scary to walk in the locked house and hear the radio talking away when you know the last thing you did was switch it off

cathymum Mon 28-Dec-20 12:42:35

Glorybee here is Father Christmas, it was just a look in his eyes that gave him away!

midgey Mon 28-Dec-20 13:16:29

I have a tv that turns itself on in the middle of the night! Nothing worse than being deeply asleep and suddenly hearing a spooky film?

ginny Mon 28-Dec-20 13:28:57

I actually think that Father Christmas looks sad. I suppose I would be if I was stuck in the bathroom.

Sparklefizz Mon 28-Dec-20 13:41:55

midgey

I have a tv that turns itself on in the middle of the night! Nothing worse than being deeply asleep and suddenly hearing a spooky film?

Eeek! This concerns me as I have replaced my ancient TV set with a smart TV which I am still getting to grips with. It's only been up and running since Christmas Day. Last night I was woken by an electronic-sounding voice. I sat up in bed and listened hard but there was nothing else.

This morning I thought I'd dreamt it. shock confused

threexnanny Mon 28-Dec-20 13:43:44

Our TV used to turn itself on. We thought the cat might have stood on the remote but then OH decided that a neighbour might have the same remote so could turn ours on when they did their own.

cathymum Mon 28-Dec-20 14:08:48

Does anyone remember the TV in the Piltegeist film? Just saying??

cathymum Mon 28-Dec-20 14:09:56

Should say Poltergeist!

Nortsat Mon 28-Dec-20 14:16:07

I think the Santa Soap Dispenser looks wistful.

If he spent the whole of Christmas staring at the tiles, he is probably entitled to feel wistful. ??

Juliet27 Mon 28-Dec-20 14:28:32

Sparklefizz said Last night I was woken by an electronic-sounding voice. I sat up in bed and listened hard but there was nothing else.

I’m sometimes convinced in the night that I hear a text message being left...but nothing there when I check in the morning. Anyone else ‘hear’ sounds in the night that must prove to be imagination?

tanith Mon 28-Dec-20 14:37:21

Do these TVs turn themselves on even when they are turned off/unplugged? If not then unplugging fixes the problem doesn’t it?

I don’t like the Santa either.

Curlywhirly Mon 28-Dec-20 14:53:58

Juliet27 During the night I have been convinced that I have heard the doorbell, but my husband confirms that it never happened and I was dreaming. I have also woken up hearing my name being shouted, but again husband heard nothing!

Cathymum I think the Santa is lovely!

Blinko Mon 28-Dec-20 15:02:13

Sparklefizz

midgey

Eeek! This concerns me as I have replaced my ancient TV set with a smart TV which I am still getting to grips with. It's only been up and running since Christmas Day. Last night I was woken by an electronic-sounding voice. I sat up in bed and listened hard but there was nothing else.

The TV in our bedroom flickers a green light intermittently at 3.09am every day... Is it charging itself or contacting comrades in outer space?

Moonlight113 Mon 28-Dec-20 15:04:38

Son has recently put a thing on my phone which, when the battery is becoming low, says in a very deep, strange sounding, drawl, "Mama's phone needs re-charging". Scares the living daylights out of me if I happen to be reading something on the phone at the time. It's going to have to go once I get out and about round the shops again!

Susan56 Mon 28-Dec-20 15:05:18

The grandchildren have a toy windmill which lives in our conservatory.When the sails spin , it plays music.It quite often plays its merry tune when nobody is anywhere near it?