Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(95 Posts)
12Michael Tue 29-Dec-20 06:15:16

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry start here in Brackley this morning , as yet no snow in this part of the UK.
Today , a normal day with the tiering unable to travel to my favourite haunts , as the cafes will be closed .
trying to stay safe by staying in and watching a repetitive of TV programmes.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Tue 29-Dec-20 06:21:11

Good morning from E Kent. Dark here too. Don’t think we’ll have either snow or frost. We had some snow in 2012 so not due any for a while yet! 😂
Did little yesterday, managed to finish the patchwork I’d put aside to do Iris’ knickers. Prefer the wrong side! Started a new one with fabric I’d bought for something else.
Cleaning today. More turkey!
Hope you all have a good day, manage to do something that makes you feel content. Stay safe. X

Flicker Tue 29-Dec-20 06:22:16

Morning All!
Horrible weather here this morning, raining on top of frozen slushiness, so slippy underfoot 😐
Off to visit my old Dad today, not looking forward to the drive, but I do need to see him and get him stocked up on the basics again.
All boxes now unpacked, so just about to start the rearranging........

Takes care today.

Gagagran Tue 29-Dec-20 06:35:02

Good Morning everyone from a cold south coast. No white stuff here thank goodness but it's only 1.3c according to my thermometer.

We have a click and collect at Tesco between 8am and 9am this morning and the fridge is bare so we do need the restock. I suddenly felt the need to eat green yesterday so had a big salad and thoroughly enjoyed it. DH opted out and had ham and eggs.

Good luck with the rearranging Flicker. It will start to feel like home once you get your things in place.

Hope you find something to watch on TV Mick. I am finding it difficult to do but am planning to re-watch "Emma" on BBC2 this afternoon.

Keep safe everyone. Spring is on its way. sunshine

Bellasnana Tue 29-Dec-20 06:41:18

Good morning from Malta where the weather is fine and expected to be 18°C later on.

I’ve just realised it is Tuesday. I thought it was Wednesday so I have put the wrong rubbish out! Must go and retrieve it.
We have a daily collection 6 days a week, but today should have been recycling and I put the organic waste out.🙈

Took the tree down yesterday and today will put it back in the garage. I know, not sure I can stand the excitement!grin

granMattie your quilt is beautiful. It must be lovely to have such creativity.

Take care everyone, keep warm and safe, and I wish you the best day possible.☀️

Beechnut Tue 29-Dec-20 06:48:15

Good Morning everyone from a wet Severnside. Welcome to Flicker and the other new good morningers.

Spring can’t come soon enough Gagagran and it’s not like me to be wishing life away. It feels like nothing days between Christmas and New Year.

I made a doorstop yesterday and have two more to make so will crack on with those today. Your quilt is giving you two very different looks Mattie.

Stay safe all 💐

Ashcombe Tue 29-Dec-20 06:54:18

Good morning, one and all from a chilly but dry Torbay.

Yesterday I enjoyed a Zoom quiz with DD2 and family. I’d found some cryptic clues online which were enjoyed by DGS2 and DGD, with a little help from DD2.

The patchwork looks beautiful, grandMattie! Hope Iris continues her good progress. Take care on your journey, Flicker.

Monday night's TV is very quiz heavy, with Mastermind, Only Connect and University Challenge (alumni contestants) in succession, all of which I enjoy. I find the Christmas Uni Challenge a little more accessible! I’m following “The Black Narcissus, not least for the stunning Himalayan scenery.

Take care and keep warm, everyone!

Kalu Tue 29-Dec-20 07:06:46

Good morning all from a chilly Glasgow. Still dark outside and so very quiet.

Another day dawns to find me wondering what to do to fill it.

I took the tree down yesterday and plonked all the bits in one room and closed the door, that’s how lax I have become regarding housework. That room will be tidied today and all decs. packed away.

Beautiful quilt GranMattie

Hope everyone has a pleasant day and a better day for those who are struggling.

Nortsat Tue 29-Dec-20 07:09:42

Good morning Mick and the GM team from east London, where it is as dark as the middle of the night.

What a lovely quilt, Mattie I think both sides are really pretty, but I love the colour combinations on the ‘top’ side. How clever.

Hope Mary and Cherry had a decent night.

I am using up one of the turkey legs for supper this evening and making soup with the stock, today.

I will have my walk whilst my partner teaches his students on Zoom.

Have a good day, all. 😎

Dwmxwg Tue 29-Dec-20 07:11:10

Good morning from a cold, dark north Surrey. My DH enjoys the Monday night quiz TV Ashcombe
I am starting to feel in a rut with everyday the same. Had an unsettled night and kept thinking I was feverish and had the dreaded COVID, but is was just the night time mind games.
Think I will give my poor liver a rest for a few days, plan to do dry January anyway so good practice. Some fresh air will blow the cobwebs away.
Wishing all a good day

Nannytopsy Tue 29-Dec-20 07:16:51

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
No snow in our part of Suffolk yet but it is chilly. Still lots of tidying up going on here, including reorganising kitchen cupboards. I like to be able to reach the important things but DH puts so much stuff on the top shelves!
I hope everyone stays safe and warm today.

Sar53 Tue 29-Dec-20 07:30:46

Good morning from Essex by the sea where it is still dark and quite cold.
DD2, who had the operation on her cheek last week, had to have the stitches removed and the wound cleaned yesterday as there was the start of an infection. It meant a trip up to the clinic in London for the whole family. She also has a course of antibiotics to take. Hopefully she will get the results of the biopsy soon and the wound can be restitched and start to heal properly.
No plans today at all, it feels like each day melds with the next.
I love the quilt Grandmattie, you are a very crafty lady 🏅✂.
We both enjoy the quizzes on a Monday and occasionally manage to answer a few questions, it keeps the grey matter active.
Enjoy Tuesday and stay safe everyone xx

brook2704 Tue 29-Dec-20 07:30:48

Good morning everyone from a very cold and snowy Inverness. Yesterday was a cold winters day with quite thick snow but with a clear blue sky, the scenery was magical. We had a walk in the morning and then back home for lunch and a lazy afternoon. Probably the same again today!
We had a catch up video call from DS in Switzerland, he’s enjoying the festive break with his partner and they’re keeping active with skiing most days. Fingers crossed we will get to see him in June ..
I hope marydoll and any others who are struggling just now have a better day today, take care all whatever the day brings 💐

NanKate Tue 29-Dec-20 07:32:18

Good morning Mick and All.

It’s going to be cold and grey here in South Bucks today.

I have taken up new interests during this past year. Yesterday I completed 100 days of 5 mins a day learning Spanish online. I’m surprised how much I can read in the language, still rubbish at understanding the spoken word. My other interest is drawing with lovely coloured pastels DH bought me. I have no artistic ability but just love playing around with colours. Yesterday I drew a pagoda.

Keep safe folks until you get your jabs. We think we will be getting ours towards the end of January. Fingers crossed 🤞

NanKate Tue 29-Dec-20 07:34:41

Love your colourful patchwork grandMattie.

Urmstongran Tue 29-Dec-20 07:41:10

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s dark but mild enough. The snow had cleared by teatime yesterday.

I’m about to make my second cuppa. Himself is still snoozing.

We are off to mind the grandchildren later this morning for a couple of hours. Son in law is back at work today and our daughter has arranged to meet a friend (a teacher in a different school who has also had COVID) for a take away coffee and a good walk around a local park. No children will do them both good by giving them some headspace and the chance of a proper catch up about everything. Mental health care is so important right now.

I find television rubbish just lately. I kept flicking channels in the hope of finding something (anything) of interest. Didn’t fancy Black Narcissus at all just seemed anachronistic to me. Big word to this time in a morning! ‘3 across’?

Hope Tuesday is kind to us all. Lovely sewing again grandMattie you are not only talented but indefatigable. Oh ther’s another one! ‘5 down’? Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. These COVID figures are getting scary world-wide. I must stop watching the news it’s not doing me any good. x

kittylester Tue 29-Dec-20 07:46:50

Good morning all from North Leicestershire where it is snowing. I doubt it will settle.

Ironing for me today while DH does a drive.

cornergran Tue 29-Dec-20 07:57:35

Morning Mick, morning All. It feels cold this morning, dark and dry in our corner of Somerset. Admin for me this morning, Mr C has volunteered to iron the bedding. Then on to a new jigsaw for Mr C and a couple of catch up phone calls for me. Nothing exciting but pleasant enough.

Your patchwork is beautiful grandMattie, enjoy your morning urmston, you’re right about mental health being important. Hope your daughter mends now sar.

I’m bound to have missed several posts while typing this, always do. Good wishes to all with special thoughts for those finding life an uphill struggle. Take care everyone.

NanKate Tue 29-Dec-20 07:59:46

Morning Urm why don’t you try Virgin River on Netflix, it’s like a modern day Dr Finlay’s Casebook set in a beautiful part of Canada. I recommended it to a lone friend who felt a bit miserable and she text me next day to say she had watched 3 episodes back to back. Worth a try.

Sparklefizz Tue 29-Dec-20 08:00:36

Morning Mick and all, South Glos is dark and cold this morning but no snow, although we did have a little flurry yesterday.

Love your quilting grandMattie - how clever you are.

How is your cold now NanKate? Hope you're feeling a bit better.

My daughter reported that there was a 10 hour wait at her local A & E yesterday with ambulances queueing round the block, so no slipping on ice or broken bones anyone. Stay warm and cosy and safe.

Have a good Tuesday.

Marydoll Tue 29-Dec-20 08:03:26

Good morning all. from a pretty cold Glasgow, where its -2°C.
Kalu, I'm surprised you haven't mentioned the snow or is it only in that micro climate I live in ?

I had trouble getting to sleep and was then woken at 4am by a beeping noise. I eventually got up to find out what it was. DH said he could hear nothing, that I was imagining it. After trailing through the whole house, I eventually traced it to DH's man cave. He has been footering about with his PC for days. Instead of dealing with the noise, he turned over and promptly fell asleep. He is for it, this morning, I can assure you! 🤬

I plan to do all the things I didn't get done yesterday, due to DH transferring money a few days ago to the wrong account and then locking himself out of our bank account. He was totally unphased by it all and didn't seem to understand the seriousness of it all. I eventually managed to find where the money was and sort things. Today, WE will sort out enhanced online banking, so that he doesn't do this again.
DH used to be very sharp and on the ball, but recently he hasn't been his usual self and I know its not all down to lockdown. I'm sure some of you will understand what my concerns are and why I am worried.

There seem to be a fair number of Gransnetters with very ill partners and I'm sending my best wishes for a speedy recovery and the strength to deal with it. For all our Goodmorningers, who are struggling, virtual hugs.

Finally a warm welcome to all the newbies, I seem to have lost track! 😁

kittylester Tue 29-Dec-20 08:04:21

Update from North Leicestershire- we have snow - it's fairly wet so won't stick but at least we have some!!

NannyJan53 Tue 29-Dec-20 08:05:13

Good morning from a very cold Black Country, with snow still on the ground.

DD sent video clips of DGD's sledging yesterday at the park in their village. Then photo's of the snowman they had made. Wish I could have been with them, but the roads were treacherous here.

45 years ago today I became a Mum for the first time! My DS's birthday today, and it is so hard to believe all that time has past. Cannot go over to spend some time with him as it is a long way to go to stand outside.

I think you should post a photo of your art work one day NanKate I am sure it is far better than you think!

I think I will get my jab end of Feb/beginning of March (hopefully). Mum has had her letter telling her they will contact her soon.

Wishing you all a safe day

dragonfly46 Tue 29-Dec-20 08:06:06

Good morning I hadn’t noticed the snow kitty I must have another look!

I am going to try and work out how to use the Ninja I got for Christmas. It is sitting in the kitchen looking at me ominously!

Dorsetcupcake61 Tue 29-Dec-20 08:09:16

Good morning all. Still quite dark here and clouds look ominous, but suspect rain rather than snow! I'm glad I've got Netfix as some of terrestrial tv dire. That said I really enjoyed the Agatha Christie films on TV yesterday.
Stay warm and safe everyone.