Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(96 Posts)
12Michael Tue 29-Dec-20 06:15:16

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry start here in Brackley this morning , as yet no snow in this part of the UK.
Today , a normal day with the tiering unable to travel to my favourite haunts , as the cafes will be closed .
trying to stay safe by staying in and watching a repetitive of TV programmes.
Take Care,
Mick

Urmstongran Tue 29-Dec-20 16:33:36

Just popped back to catch up. Oh annsixty I’m so glad to hear more reassuring news about your grandson’s condition. You must have been out of your mind waiting for news.
?

And amselerin Wie schön, dass Sie sich uns anschließen! Du bist herzlich Willkommen. Es ist großartig, dass Ihr Englisch ausgezeichnet ist.

Impressed hey all of you?
The wonders of modern technology - I used Google translate!

I’m good at cheating. Erm, problem solving ....
?

Feelingmyage55 Tue 29-Dec-20 13:45:57

Too late to say good morning so good afternoon. It was too beautiful to do anything other than go for a drive with flask to look at the winter wonderland.
Tesco delivery due and an hour of chaos will ensue as they have had to do so many substitutions. No matter, I haven’t had to venture into the shop and will eat whatever they bring.
annsixty oh dear, hope your GS recovers quickly. He’ll wear his helmet in future.
? for all of you whether you have worries or not. Life is tough just now.

HAZBEEN Tue 29-Dec-20 13:35:25

Good afternoon, sorry I am so late today! I didn't get up until nearly 11! I did have a very bad night, I don't think I slept more than 20 minutes at a stretch until after 6. My medication is causing terrible night sweats, I had the fan going full blast a few times. My OH went and slept in the lounge, we have a bed settee luckily!
Anyway enough of my moaning!
Sorry to hear of other posters worries with DHs, DGSs and more. I hope today brings relief to those with worries.
Not a lot planned for the rest of the day. OH is cooking me a brunch now and I have been told to stay put in front of the TV so I haven't any choice have I?
Stay safe all.

NannyC2 Tue 29-Dec-20 13:31:20

Good morning.
Started to snow here just before my husband and I went to Mass. very cold - even colder in church!
Glad to get home to a hot cup of coffee.

Doodle Tue 29-Dec-20 13:20:42

Good news ann so pleased for you all.

Marydoll Tue 29-Dec-20 13:19:25

annsixty you must be so relieved to hear better news of your grandson. It's been such a difficult year for you. ?Bluesaphhire my husband has always been very au fait with online banking, that is why I'm so worried. Today's debacle with setting increased security has confirmed my fears.

annsixty Tue 29-Dec-20 13:08:27

Thank you all for kind thoughts and good wishes.
My GS is recovering well.
The first scan proved to be correct, just bruising to the brain, not swelling.
He has been very lucky, dare I say it, his helmet was still at home?
He will be ready to go home fairly soon my S expects.

BlueSapphire Tue 29-Dec-20 13:03:53

Hello again, just popped back in to read all the posts properly.

What a beautiful quilt grandMattie, looks so complicated to do.

So sorry to read about your DGS, Annsixty, I hope he has a good recovery. You must be so worried. Thinking of you.

Marydoll, my late DH never mastered online banking. I tried to show him several times in case anything ever happened to me but he just wasn't bothered; he left all money affairs to me. God knows how he would have coped if the worst happened, as he had had a stroke and just wasn't as sharp as he had been. Remember to try and take things easy, though, for the sake of your own health.

Welcome Amselerin, und Guten Tag. Your English is very good, much better than my German. Studied it for 6 years at school, but very little remains! Hope you enjoy our company.

Nannytopsy Tue 29-Dec-20 12:00:44

Issippy you probably won’t get many replies on here. Try starting your own thread.
Georgesgran your comment about dry January made me laugh! My own sentiments ?.

Jaxjacky Tue 29-Dec-20 11:53:51

Annesixty so very sorry to hear of the accident, hopefully a full and swift recovery will ensue. ?

NannieAnnie64 Tue 29-Dec-20 11:34:05

Hi 12Michael and everyone

It's wet and grey here in Lincoln. A real bite to the wind, so I'm staying in today. I'm ready to take my tree and decorations down, so will start on that now. I'm also going to target small areas of the cottage to declutter. I sadly lack storage, so I am going to keep myself busy by looking at what bits I can donate to charity, offer to family and friends, recycle and bin. Doing this always makes me feel good.

EllanVannin Tue 29-Dec-20 11:32:30

Good Morning All x.
Between reading posts and opening delayed packages an hour and a half's gone---just like that.
Our promised bright sunshiny day hasn't materialised and instead it's dull damp and grey. Not a snowflake in sight ! It still doesn't appear to be cold enough here on the Costa Mersey, or as I've said before, it's the salt air.

I enjoyed the last of my turkey stew yesterday so today it's the more simple cheese on toast though I'll spread some mustard on top and pretend it's Welsh rarebit.

Christmas cards must go today, for the first time they're getting on my nerves. I think it's because I haven't been around and about enough to appreciate them as they're under my nose day after day. I don't really want to feel like this----but I know I'm not on my own.

Sorry to hear of all the illnesses and uncertainty amongst you it is indeed worrying and I can only hope that when we see the back of Winter, and Covid of course that things will start to pick up.

I heard Maynard yapping again last night. It's no wonder the old Tom scarpers. Last year a fleece out of his kennel was half-way up the garden which looked as though the fox was trying to steal it for his den. I'm sure that if the old cat didn't live in his kennel it would soon become occupied !

The cat at least made an appearance for his breakfast this morning. He must hide somewhere at night when he knows the fox is around and then eats all he can get during the day.

I'm not even dressed yet so must get a move on though I don't know why, but I can't not get dressed or I'll think I'm ill grin

Go easy underfoot to those of you who've got snow, we don't want any accidents with what already exists. Take care and stay safe in more ways than one. Thoughts to those in hospital x and hoping Gilly and family are okay too xx

readalot Tue 29-Dec-20 11:03:14

Good morning everyone from Co Durham. A nice bright day here with a couple of inches of snow. I went to my local shop yesterday for a few bits so I needn't go out today. I love your quilt granmattie. You're very talented. Keep safe everyone, I still think we have a long way to go yet

Sar53 Tue 29-Dec-20 10:58:25

Annsixty so sorry to hear about your GS's accident, I wish him well. flowers for you xx

Keeleklogger Tue 29-Dec-20 10:54:30

Good morning from a snowy Keele, bit of a blizzard this morning

GrannyGravy13 Tue 29-Dec-20 10:51:42

Hi Amselerin I do hope you enjoy this friendly thread ?

Annsixty sorry to hear of your GS’s accident ?

maydonoz Tue 29-Dec-20 10:50:14

Good morning all from a cold but dry Welwyn, Herts.
Welcome to Flicker, hope you settle in and are very happy in your new home.
Well, we've had the soup and the curry so finally all the turkey finished yesterday, think we may just have a veggie meal tonight.
Wishing all a pleasant day whatever you may find to do.

Georgesgran Tue 29-Dec-20 10:44:15

Good morning from Durham. An icy start but now just more rain. Another hospital appointment this pm for us, as it didn’t go well for DH yesterday. Treatment was postponed and there was no-one available/qualified to administer an injection. So back for it today, then attempt his treatment next Tuesday.

As others have commented a lot of our OH/DH/SOs have deteriorated rapidly this past year. I can understand Marydoll’s concern as my DH ‘forgot’ how to open his vehicle’s tailgate yesterday. Supposedly a side effect of all his meds is brain fog.

Well, onwards and upwards I suppose. In reply to another thread - dry January? You’ve got to be b****y joking!

Stay safe and warm today. X

Issipy Tue 29-Dec-20 10:39:19

Long term partner (not living together)is having a platonic friendship with another woman. She cooks for him once a week at her house. How should I feel? Confused

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 29-Dec-20 10:32:00

Good Morning all from Snowy Harrogate!! Yes!! we've got it! DH has taken DD1 and dog for walk, my only company just now is the hum of the Romba! Very useful little gadget.
DH had bought me an applewatch for my birthday, very late or early, my birthday is in May!! He'd got a reconditioned one but it came without charger or instructions - Yea!! Anyway I sent for a charger and got the wrong one, never heard of a USB-C fitting. Anyway hermes picked it up just now, so have to wait until the replacement arrives before I find out how to work the blessed thing!!
GrandMattie you put me to shame with your patchwork quilt, when my DDs were small I started two (for their beds). Did a fair bit about 20 years ago and now have no idea who's beds they would be suitable for if I got round to finishing them!! I'm sorry so many are ailing, partly the season, partly age and partly the stress of the situation we are in.
Hope today will be a better day for all.

harrigran Tue 29-Dec-20 10:28:34

Good morning from the NE where it is raining at present.
Welcome amselerin, lovely to hear from you. My sister lives in Hamburg.
Had a 1 hour 45 minute chat with my sister on Skype, she is holding up quite well for being so recently widowed.
I threw the turkey away yesterday and we are going to have a simple vegetarian meal today.
Highlight of the day is to check grocery order for tomorrow and add anything we may need, should take all of 15 minutes.
Stay safe and snug,

Maggiemaybe Tue 29-Dec-20 10:26:13

Welcome, Amselerin. I’d love to hear news from your area. I lived in Hamburg for two years and it’s very dear to my heart. We still have friends there so visit every few years. This year’s planned trip didn’t happen, of course.

thanks to all struggling today.

Taichinan Tue 29-Dec-20 10:25:59

Good morning all. Another sunny winter's day on the Angus coast. There's plenty of snow on the hills, but none down here. Your patchwork is amazing Grandmattie. So many of you are so talented. I keep promising myself that I'll get my paints out again and have a dabble .........
I'm finding this lockdown unexpectedly hard, particularly I suppose after having had my son with me briefly at Christmas with all the rush of preparation leading up to that. Giant anti-climax! At 79, I should be in the next batch to be vaccinated, but I haven't heard anything yet. But roll on! The news about the rapidly rising number of cases is so worrying and depressing.
My only task today is to post off DGD1's 17th Birthday card and transfer money into her account. How I wish I could be with her. From a tiny scrap in an incubator she has grown into a beautiful young lady! It doesn't take long, does it!
I feel so sorry for all of you with worries about your DH's health -worrying about someone close to you is so much worse than being ill yourself. Just be the strong ladies you are and pour all your love and strength into him. ??
Sorry I'm not managing to be upbeat or cheerful today. Maybe tomorrow.
???

CherryCezzy Tue 29-Dec-20 10:24:36

Good morning everyone. Grey and chilly, no snow, here in the Gower, not as chilly as it is for you though Marydoll, brr!

We need to brave a shop today ? but I am very nervous about it. Some missing cupboard items that it's difficult to do without. If my WP could go on his own I'd feel a little more comfortable but, of course, the risk to me of being left alone that amount of time is probably as high, if not higher than going with him. It's a catch 22 ?.

That's a work of art grandMattie, you are talented indeed ?

Sending positive vibes to Farview and to you for your DGS annsixty flowers

Welcome amselerin ? and any other new GNs I might have missed.

Stay safe and cosy everybody ❤️

Susan56 Tue 29-Dec-20 10:23:32

A late good morning from Shropshire.There was snow when I looked out at 1am but raining now.

I set myself a challenge to walk 100 miles a month this year.My rheumatologist had suggested walking would be good for me!I completed this months miles yesterday.It has been a challenge at times.I will addd up my total and post on New Years Day.Bet you can’t wait?

We enjoy the Monday night quizzes too.We start with House of Games.If you google Only Connect there are lots of walls you can try.

To all worried about partners and loved ones?

Have a good day all.